verbal agreements hold up in court?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GrewUp To ScrewUp said:
i never said i was looking for advice actually. actually lots of ppl like to be trumped up. according to the law an oral agreement is as good as a contract just harder to prove. if there is a penalty for violating a contract and they are the same how can he widthraw it? and an auction doesnt count..
The law is a weird fish man.

When you posted your message on the site, you opened yourself up for everyone's opinion. It's, of course, up to you if you consider any of the advice given.

Proof is indeed a major part of the law. How can you PROVE he said he would sell it to you if he denies it? Recording him without his knowldge will largely depend on what judge you have. That's the way it works. If the judge allows the recorded evidence, you're good. If not, you're screwed. In some states in the USA, recording without warning is illegal. It could land YOU in jail. Be careful man.

Only a fool represents themself in court. If you go to court without the aid of a lawyer, that would be you.

Just how much is this car worth to you? I'm talking how much money?

its wort enough and everything is legal in my state i only need 1 party's consent plus his wife is a jabber box so i could get a conversation started. im basically gonna give him the option of caving or fighting in court. hes as poor as a ***** anyways and i wouldnt call it blackmail.

love and peace my friend love and peace

It's not going to work. Doesn't matter what he promised you...he doesn't HAVE to sell something just because he said he WOULD...it's his. Going to court for a $100 VW seems a lil cuh razy imo:cry:...ah...but to each man his own:D!

guys just take a :chillpill: and relax remember peace & love later guys

sometimes when u want somthing u will fight ur hardest to get it lol

yea my friend but sometimes the only thing you get is problems

lawyer fee's and court costs alone will buy you a decent car.

So you put an auction up on ebay, and you decide you dont want to sell it even after a few people have bid... do you really think anyone will be thinking "hmm, im gonna take this guy to court"

its his car for gods sake! he can do what he likes with it!... man im telling you if you try and take this to court people will most likely laugh at you

when i win and im the one with the car who will y'all really be laughing at? walkin on the road..

hey give a ride when you do get your new car peace & love always

Latest posts

Back