Visit from LEO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audix2359

Reaction score
I thought I would take a moment and share my experience with a few local Sherriff’s deputies today.

First off, only 2 people knew about any growing activity in my house; me and my wife. My wife, who had been fine with everything up to today, decided to call me while I was at work to tell me that I wasn't allowed to grow and to get rid of my plants. Naturally, I told her no, that's not going to happen.

Long story short, when I got home I found my stuff missing, all but 2 plants. Mind you, I had a very small grow underway - nothing major. My wife had an afternoon appointment anyway so I figured she had it. Anyway, I was relaxing and watching TV when my dog started growling, etc. like he does when someone's around (man's best friend I tell you). I look out the window to see 2 deputies approaching my door.

So, I bolted to my grow area, pulled the plants and ate them and threw the pots, dirt into a trash can on the way to the door.

We talked for a bit outside and they said that my wife had dropped off plants and grow equipment at the sheriff’s office. After some Q&A, with which I was politely evasive and changed the subject as often as possible, they asked if they could look around. Knowing my plants were taking a bath in stomach acid at the moment, I invited them in. They found grow medium, some lights, cords, etc but NO PLANTS. At one point, I brought up a warrant but by then they obviously had enough to get one and weren't going anywhere in the meantime and they asked to see my "closet" where my wife said the set-up was. Sure it was empty and it had some ferts, a Ph meter, a few pots and things but no plants and no evidence or smells, etc.

Luckily, we just talked for about 10 minutes about no growing weed and how they are taking down major grow houses and left...without taking me with them!

My point of this is to share my story in hopes that others will read and head what happened to me. Had my wife been a little more calculated, I might not be in a position to post this at the moment. The deputies were pretty cool so even if they had found the couple of small plants they probably would not have done anything but you never know.

A few things that seemed to work in my favor:

1. I’m pretty clean cut and polite; well spoken, etc. I tried to remain as calm and "professional" as possible, relative to my awkward situation.

2. While evasive, I was polite and cooperative with them at all times, even when I challenged them with the warrant thing.

3.[FONT=&quot] I let them look around, even though there was some incriminating stuff still around. I know that this is like breaking the Golden Rule but it was certainly better than a crap-load of LEO’s in my house tearing it apart to find something. There were some seeds in the freezer buried under some other frozen stuff and a warrant surely would have turned those up. [/FONT]

All in all, the whole thing went down well considering what could have happened. One of the rules of grow room security and safety is “tell no one”. The thing about that is, my wife and I are on good terms and always have been. While she wasn’t thrilled about my little grow show, she gave it her stamp of approval. I never would have considered her going to LEO herself to turn me in. I suppose it goes to show that you never can tell.

Bottom line, be careful!!!

wow man thats some story, honestly i don't know what I would do in that situation, let's say you didnt have enough time to eat the plants or lets say they were a little farther along and larger and budding, what do you do when your wife rats you out and you go to jail for a small time for it.

Oh man that is pretty harsh! You are really lucky to still be posting on here congrats! What are you going to do about the wife? Just show her that you wear the pants :D

EDIT: Oh yeah lol how did those little guys taste?

Not sure about the wife situation. I've got a ton of money just sitting around, maybe I'll pack, move on and start over.

As for the taste...not bad at the moment - probably because I wasn't really thinking about taste, but later...ack!

Man,Sorry to hear about what happened to you.But,I know that you are really gratefull that you are still a free man.So,now you are at a cross road in your life.Someone(cant say wife,cause a WIFE wouldnt do something like that)So,someone tryed and take your freedom.:eek:

That's pretty funny.. I feel bad for you about the whole situation but the story is classic to be able to tell later on in your life.. Good thing you have some money because with that comes options about your next move.. I don't know anything about you and your wife's relationship but it doesn't sound like if you stay your going to be able to continue growing.. Looks like your at a fork in the road :confused2: Good luck with everything! It will all work itself out im sure ;)

i got a question if u guys get along and was having no problems and she gave it the ok ,,what made her take them to the police i could see her taking them out in the woods mabey and tearing them up while ur at work ,just to get them out of the house but not takeing them to the cops was she having some kind of pms our somethin ,i just dont get that why shed want u to go to jail if she loves u ,,also why did she leave 2 and take the rest i mean she has to hate u man ,,did u cheat on her our somethin and she was trying to teach u a lesson with the plants ,,ooooo never mind i no what it was u was spending more time tending to thoes plants<<<aka your outher women>> and she was jelouis mabey ,,,any way seriousley sorry about that man hope it all works out ,,but id like to no why shed turn u in when u was havin no problems insted of just terin them up ,,,hope u can grow again but id sugest if u stay with her to find a outdoor area and dont tell her

man, thas brutal... I don't know WHAT she was thinking giving that to them... i'd suppose she thought it was the best place to get rid of them... but man... harsh!!

I'm glad u got away clean! It coulda been a rough one!

Man I'm sorry to hear this, specially since my girlfriend is a botanist and cultivating marijuana together is a fun hobby even though she smokes very rarely. Im confused that your girl flipped on you even after she gave u her approval. My guess is she saw some bull crap propaganda , or maybe she was turning you in for a reward? lol anyways a real women would have just trashed your **** not sold you out to the cops. Props to you for talking your way outta it, tapp dancing ur butt off, smooth stuff. You have two ladies to choose from, WHICH WILL IT BE? Im smokin a blunt for your bluez bro!

Whoa ! Can't get my head around that at all. If she didn't like what you were doing she should have given you the "my way or the highway" option.

What she did was betray you and jeporadise your freedom. Isn't a marriage about trying to look out for each other ?

Sorry 2hear that- ithink you got to do as TBG said and get that divorce> no revenge or breaking thinks here:she went to the cups for nothing so you got to stay away from her. she wants you in jail so kick that **** away. again sorry 2 hear that

..is she kickin' rocks down some lonely country road already?

You will never be able to grow again, how will you ever be able to trust her?

OH HECK NO...

I would be giving my wife some serious " STRAIGHTEN UP"..

my wife would NEVER EVER rat me out to anyone ever.

That isn't teaching you a lesson. Its betrayal.

That is one crazy story man.
What would your wife have done if you got arrested?
Would she have cared?
I mean this is the person that said she would take you in sickness and in health and I'm pretty sure to stand by you under any circumstance (well most circumstances!)
I dunno, I think she needs a talking to cos you did nothin wrong.
Hell none of us are doing anything wrong, its just these people who say that they are "Policing" us with there crazy wacky laws lol:D

What would bother me is the total Lack of RESPECT.. Or lack there of..
Geeese...

NE ways.. Legally.. isn't she as guilty as you would be??
You could of just said. Its HERS.. Then its all he said she said ordeal.
and hear say.. She is the one with the evidence on her persons..
NOT YOU..

It would be war of the roses at my house, if my wife snitched on me..

WOW... Well, I would be gone... divorce and relocate asap....

betray me once.. shame on you
betray me twice.. shame on me.

marriage is about trust and she just lost all of it.
Just me 2 cents worth anyway... gald to hear you got away from Johnny Law though.

wow man congrats on staying out of the hole for one. and crap on her if she thinks that she can change her mind like that its not worth your time and emotions to have someone say hey its cool and then turn around and call the :cop: on you and try to keep the house and contents. i think ida pushed the do you have a warrant thing a bit farther and never let them in to look around too, may be a bit suspicious but hey thats they way there law works.IMO time to move on she sounds kinda like shes got split personality's (one its good and the other is not for it) sorry about the babies glad your not missing and sorry for the hard choices you now have to make its one of them ***** or pot choices there is always plenty of both out there but which one can you get your hands on faster is the decision.

Latest posts

Back