Watering weirdness !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omnigr33n

I'm a damn monkey.
Reaction score
My plant is in like its 8th week of flowering in a five gallon container. I watered it last Monday. Is it weird that it hasn't shown me any signs of being thirsty at all since? Shouldn't it tell me if its thirsty? Its been like 10 days.

I did transplant this plant about 3 weeks ago because a 1 gallon was not cutting it. The plant was eating away at its fan leaves much faster than normal. It isn't doing this anymore.

It's not growing leaves and stalks, so it doesn't drink as much. How much longer i wonder, maybe it's almost done?

Maybe airate the soil a bit, dunno just did the same thing but still watering every 1-2 days. When i transplanted her from the 1 gallon contianer the fan leaves i was losing got stronger. I took a wooden shishkabob skewer and carefully poked a few holes in the surrounding soil. She had gotten to a point to where she was loosing leaves and growth just kinda seemed to slow or almost stop. Buds are fattening-up and she looks as if things are right back on schedule. Gl and hope she's doing well.

I've been haveing the same problem with a new(to me) strain, it is not using any where near the amount of water that I'm used to, I'm only watering this one every 7-10 days, very strange. I also took a fork and kind of turned the first few inches over and broke it up to try to help the dry cycle speed up. The growth on these plants is also much slower than I'm used to, but they are only 4 weeks old, and stink like a skunks behind, and they look healthy, just slow!

I guess I'll try the airing out of the soil, but I am loathe to start prodding my soil because I don't want to shock my roots more than I might have already done..I am just worried.

if you just transplanted i think that may be your problem.... the roots haven't had enough time to grow out into the medium to soak up the moisture.... plus, as Skunk hit upon, the plants don't use as much water in the last few weeks of flowering....

just give it a few days to recover from the transplant and grow some new roots and you should be fine....

go easy just a couple of holes to should do a little something to help get some more air to the roots, i'm sure there are other way's but i've been doing this with all my grows including my spice plants with positive results. I try not to force it too much and go real slow, feel your way. If you go easy you should have no problems. gL

fleshstain said:
if you just transplanted i think that may be your problem.... the roots haven't had enough time to grow out into the medium to soak up the moisture.... plus, as Skunk hit upon, the plants don't use as much water in the last few weeks of flowering....

just give it a few days to recover from the transplant and grow some new roots and you should be fine....

Well, I didn't just transplant. Its been three weeks since I transplanted.

the chef said:
go easy just a couple of holes to should do a little something to help get some more air to the roots, i'm sure there are other way's but i've been doing this with all my grows including my spice plants with positive results. I try not to force it too much and go real slow, feel your way. If you go easy you should have no problems. gL

I think I might just leave it alone. I am going to wait until the plant tells me its thirsty. Its very close to harvest anyway.

omnigr33n said:
I think I might just leave it alone. I am going to wait until the plant tells me its thirsty. Its very close to harvest anyway.

i think it may have gotten transplant shock from being repotted around 5 weeks in flower.... i think what you said above is your best bet now....

fleshstain said:
i think it may have gotten transplant shock from being repotted around 5 weeks in flower.... i think what you said above is your best bet now....

Pretty much, though the plant should get over transplant shock after several days. It wasn't a rough transplant. If anything, Im guessing I might be a week late in maturation because of the shock.

So if my plant was going to be harvested in 9 weeks, its going to be 10 now.

Latest posts

Back