Week 2 update, baby plant started flowering?!? ***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingsFaded

KingsFaded
Reaction score
It looks pretty nice :)

Things are comming along great, 1 plant started flowering but its only like 3 inches tall.

I dont know what would cause this, maybe stress? i transplanted it recently then it stopped growing and white pistols started shooting out the top.

They are all on 24/7 Light.

Forum (1).jpg

Forum (2).jpg

Forum (3).jpg

Forum (5).jpg

Forum (7).jpg

Forum (9).jpg

Forum (11).jpg

Forum (12).jpg

Forum (14).jpg

This should get consolidated with your other post, to form a journal.

Autos will explode from what I hear. Almost looks like you tried LST on the one plant that is bent all over.....auto's dont want that.

From weeks 3-4 they need to be especially stress free.

Edit: My autos are going straight into 3g square pots from seed.

These arnt autos their normal 12/12 photo-period plants.

And ive been doing some LST on the topped plant, im going to tie it down when i get the chance.

How old are these plants. Although it says week 2 update, they are obviously older than 2 weeks. If your plant is only 3 inches tall and it is in 24 hour light, I believe you either are not seeing pistils (you are mistaking something else for pistils) or you actually have an auto flowering plant. There is no way that a very young plant week in 24 hour light that is only 3" tall is going to be showing pistils yet. Stress will not cause early flowering. If anything it will delay flowering.

I would recommend getting some kind of enclosure around your plants to reflect the light back. You also need some kind of fan blowing on them.

What are you feeding them?

i agree with THG, there are a few possibilities here, an auto strain, mistaking slim sword looking blades poping up from branch joints as pistils, or the least likely, since your lights are on 24/0, due to having the warm "flower spectrum" bulbs in there it could be flowering due to maturity, again least likely cuz of light schedule and the size of the plant, when i was growing with LEDs my plants started to preflower more then most peoples plants before the 12/12 flip, i would guess the boost in flowering although on 24/0 was due to the LED fixtures having 2 veg spectrums and 2 flower spectrums, as well as 3 others for balance and fungi control. but all in all id be leaning towards the first 2 options, either its an auto and you didnt realize it, or your mistaking typical node growth as preflowers, the little slim sword like blades are for protection, it helps to protect the fresh new preflowers before flowering growth starts, both males and females have these little sword like blades in the crotches of branches, you wont start to see even preflowering unless you force flower by flipping to 12/12 or have them veg for months, under my 4ft 4bulb HO T5 lights it took about 3 months of vegging for it to start preflowering on its own after its had alternating nodes for a while.
sorry for the run on, nice friday with a whole lotta nothing to do, already been toke-n lol
also again what THG said build up that enclosure around the plants, your just losing valuable light energy out into your room, bounce that back at the gals, will help out alot

I have 2 fans going, more my main fan has 3 speed settings and timers and it moves back n forth.

as for the enclosure im working on it.

as for the mini plant heres some pics so you guys can see for your selfs, theres a few long white reflective pistols starting to pop out.

Im sure i know i pistol when i see one.

and imma post some pics of the grow enviorment.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Those are swords, not pistols Bro. The trick to telling the swords from pistols is that you will see a round green bulb develop at the corners of the branch nodes first. Those bulbs will swell as the plant grows and matures. Then when the plant reaches maturity (or often after maturity is reached) you will see 2 little white hairs grow out from the centers of the bulbs.

When plants are young, it is easy to confuse secondary branch/leaf growth that also comes from the same nodal crevice, as preflower bulbs. The difference is that the secondary growth will emerge from the center of the nodal crevice while the preflower bulbs will grow from the outer corners of the nodal crevice. The swords actually grow from the stem, just outside of the nodal crevice. I used to have a chart that showed this but I have lost it unfortunately.

Look for alternating nodes. Plants generally (though not always) get alternating nodes before they show sex.

Bam see that link from hush puppy, thats exactly what it looks like under the leafs on what would be the bud sites.

Shiny white Pistols and the little green swords all at the same place.

so someone explain that to me.

You have lucked out and got a quick showing female. Just cause she is showing sex doe not mean she is ready or will produce flowers til she reaches full maturity.

Alright well why isnt it growing? it hasn't showed signs of growth foe like a week and a half.

There is so much breeding going on today, and there are autos being bred into the mix, not to mention, the generating of "femmed" plants. I would not be surprised at any kind of genetic anomaly that shows up in new plants today. That is most likely a genetic anomaly of some kind. Maybe its an auto bean that slipped into the mix of beans and its genes have malfunctioned. I would continue to feed and water it for another couple weeks and if it doesn't change then throw it into the flower space and see what it does :confused2:

i remember seeing in your journal about your light set up and while it is nice its not great, either get T5s with VEG spectrum bulbs, or at least weed out the non veg spectrum bulbs your currently using, bright white light not dim yellow-orange, if you still have those "flower spectrum" bulbs inplace they could possibly bo confusing the plant with constant wavelengths that make it wanna flower, the only 2 things i can think of is breeder/seed bank mess up and yah got an auto or just that 1 in a million genetic defect, i agree with hushpuppy, keep doing what you normaly do for vegging plants that old, and see what happens, if it starts to streight out flower you got an auto, if not but stunted growth, toss into flower area and see what shes made. still i highly recommend you upgrade to an HO T5 fixture,

I dont have money for all that, i hardly have enough as it is to keep it going.

My lights are fine, all my plants are growing like an inch a day.

I have 2 wide spectrum CFL's 20 watts

then i have 6 cool white blue tint lights, and they seem to be growing towards those lights if their closer, of not they grow towards the Wide Spectrum bulbs.

then theirs one more big wide spec flood light at the end, im replacing tomorrow.

Im probably going to get 10 new Wide spec 20 watters, their at the local dollar store and they are pretty decent not just for the price but overall.

Their also a lot brighter then the cool white bulbs.

I still need to save money to finish the system in my car -_-

KingsFaded said:
I dont have money for all that Sh!t, i hardly have enough as it is to keep it going.

My lights are fine, all my plants are growing like an inch a day.

I have 2 wide spectrum CFL's 20 watts

then i have 6 cool white blue tint lights, and they seem to be growing towards those lights if their closer, of not they grow towards the Wide Spectrum bulbs.

then theirs one more big wide spec flood light at the end, im replacing tomorrow.

Im probably going to get 10 new Wide spec 20 watters, their at the local dollar store and they are pretty decent not just for the price but overall.

Their also a lot brighter then the cool white bulbs.

I still need to save money to finish the system in my car -_-

It is all about the lumens. Simply put, you need a minimum of 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging and you need a minimum 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. A 20W CFL is going to give you about 1300 lumens, so you are going to need a lot of them to do the job. How bright a light looks tells you little about whether it is a good growing bulb. Check the spectrum and the lumens. Reflective surface around the perimeter of your space will help reflect available light back to the plants.

KingsFaded, you also said you transplanted recently, "then it stopped growing". Granted, they might slow for a few days after transplant, but a couple of yours look downright stunted.

I'd recommend you keep an eye on the pH of the soil mix, because it looks like there's quite a bit of wood chips in it, and this may tend to acidify the soil and interfere with nutrient uptake.

Latest posts

Back