Welcome to the FREAKSHOW! Round 2 with pics White Rhino, NL, Skunk#1, and Ice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how high in the tent did you put the flanges for the cooltube? how about a pic of higher up in your tent? ventilation and stuff

well here are the girls, a week and a half into flowering, things are looking good so far!

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

they should be good, still got plenty of wiggle room left, and verticle height isnt a problem, i just lollipopped them, so the undergrowth shouldnt be that dense, and i will prune that as i progress.

Yeah suppose you've thinned em out a bit should be ok, damn sure you know what your doin lol.
Just reminded me of mine when they were that big, i was like "nah not toppin or anythin, loads of room guys" lol famous last words they getting HUGE lol.
Just under 4ft from coco to top and only just over 3 weeks in flower.
Factor in about 1ft for the pot then 1ft from the light, the light itself, and a little gap above light and, well, they better not keep growing at this rate lol.

All the best fella keep up the good work ;)

Am i right in thinking trimming em like that concentrates the plants energies on making fewer better buds rather than waisting any on the lower stuff?

i did it last grow and got about 2 ounces a plant, lower branches always have small airy buds, they arent worth the energy, so get rid of them, that way the top buds are really dense.

about three ft, but i topped and trained some of them, or im sure they would have been taller, but they were also lollipopped, i believe that lollipopping increases yield, or at least distributes growth to where the light is.

looks great bro. watching this grow, and oc hydros close. gotta check out this trimm'in up the bottom 1/3 of plant stuff. never did that. been hearing alot about how it gives better air flow through and through. very interested.

my bro andy says he's giving this a try also on his ssh grow. i've just been tying back the side branching around 3-4 weeks flower, for air, and light penetration. some peoples tried telling me i'd herm my girls tying them this far in flower. ha. had to show how we been doing it for quite a long time. (prolly longer than most people here are in years old). hey, if it works, i'm game.

btw, they look great. really great. keep'er green bud...bb...

im one of those people that refuse to believe that any stress, other than light interruption, can actually cause the plant to produce male flowers, it simply doesn't make sense, how can underwatering replace light? Light interruption is what signals to the plant that the longer 4th quarter light schedule is coming to a close, the plant reacts to the threat of returning to a vegetative state by using its genetic malfunction to its advantage, by producing pollen, this way it can drop its genetics in the form of seeds without any males around.

thanks for the kind words man, i wouldnt worry about stressing the plants that much tho, i topped 4 weeks into flowering to see what would happen, it just grew two fat little buds in place of the portion that was removed.

have you done any training on this grow? and what exactly is lollipopping? whats the dimensions of your tent? also how much power does your setup use with everything going? is it on its own circuit?

ross said:
have you done any training on this grow? and what exactly is lollipopping? whats the dimensions of your tent? also how much power does your setup use with everything going? is it on its own circuit?

1. No training of any sort.
2. Lollipopping is removing the lower portion of growth at about 2 weeks into flower. Or in the first and third week of flower.
3. Tent is a 4x4 and is getting replaced by the larger sun hut silver in a few days. its 54"x54"x86". Much more room to spread out the plants and max out my lights footprint.
4. yeah, i dont exceed my 15 amp circuit that its on, usually about 12-13 amps max. Its in a bedroom by itself. My Veg tent also has its own room.

what made you not do any training this time? because i remember you did LST last time. i dont plan on doing any training either because ive read sog with no training is the most productive way to grow if you have a perpetual harvest. for flowering i plan on putting 12 5gals in a 4x3 room with a 600W AC lens hood which should give me about 7500 lum/sqft, which is about what that new tent and a 1000W would give you. So our setups should be pretty similar, with yours being a little larger scale and nicer (i wont have a tent or expensive nutes just FFOF and FF nutes). i will also be using T5's for veg, and i believe you use a MH? also, another thing i will be doing different is stagger the harvests. each plant will veg about 5 weeks, with clones being taken at week 4 (so for one week the room will have 6 plants and 6 clones). after about 5 weeks i will move those 6 plants into the 6 least-intense-lighting areas, put the 6 that are a month ahead in flower into the 6 most-intense-lighting areas in the room, and harvest 6 plants. one month later, repeat cycle. i'm hoping i can have the 600W about 5 inches from the canopy, so in their final month of flowering the plants could be getting the lumens of 1000Wers in other set ups. sorry for rambling so long about my setup i'm just throwing my ideas out there since our setups are similar.

JBonez, lovn the grow-very nice! can you snap a few pics of the plants by strain? i'm got some of the nirvana white rhino i haven't germd yet so i'm watchn closely!! nice work!

ross said:
what made you not do any training this time? because i remember you did LST last time. i dont plan on doing any training either because ive read sog with no training is the most productive way to grow if you have a perpetual harvest. for flowering i plan on putting 12 5gals in a 4x3 room with a 600W AC lens hood which should give me about 7500 lum/sqft, which is about what that new tent and a 1000W would give you. So our setups should be pretty similar, with yours being a little larger scale and nicer (i wont have a tent or expensive nutes just FFOF and FF nutes). i will also be using T5's for veg, and i believe you use a MH? also, another thing i will be doing different is stagger the harvests. each plant will veg about 5 weeks, with clones being taken at week 4 (so for one week the room will have 6 plants and 6 clones). after about 5 weeks i will move those 6 plants into the 6 least-intense-lighting areas, put the 6 that are a month ahead in flower into the 6 most-intense-lighting areas in the room, and harvest 6 plants. one month later, repeat cycle. i'm hoping i can have the 600W about 5 inches from the canopy, so in their final month of flowering the plants could be getting the lumens of 1000Wers in other set ups. sorry for rambling so long about my setup i'm just throwing my ideas out there since our setups are similar.

sorry for rambling? that sounds great! yeah, i just didnt think i needed to train them, but they got a little bigger than i hoped, there is no more room in my tent, i ordered a bigger tent last week, should be hear today or in the next few days, the 1000w needs to go up higher and the footprint spreadout. I dont know man, its not always how much you spend, i just prefer to spend the money, its made growing that much easier, but once you get everything you need you can just stay with it and not spend anymore money.

good luck, seems youve got a handle on things!

Cannabiscotti said:
JBonez, lovn the grow-very nice! can you snap a few pics of the plants by strain? i'm got some of the nirvana white rhino i haven't germd yet so i'm watchn closely!! nice work!

ill update in the next few days with some picks and some white rhino pics for you:hubba:

just gotta get the new tent here and everything swapped out so i can give the plants some space, they freally did get friggin huge and i have overgrown the grow tent.

how much are you planning on harvesting?

ross said:
how much are you planning on harvesting?

dunno, last harvest was 180z with nine plants

This time i vegged about 6 weeks, instead of 9 and ive got 8 plants flowering right now, so im one less.

Buuuuuut, Since a plant was removed, the other plants are filling in the space, and the first grow was in a 3.5x3.5, this tent is a 4.5x4.5, so ive got a lot more light to use this time around, might get more, but im hoping for a elbow. But i really just want to get my plants into this bigger tent, they are all up on the walls! This bigger tent will give em some room to grow and then i can use the true power of my 1000w hps to stack on the weight, should be good!

Well, here are the girls, a couple are either N def or somethings up, all upper growth is bright green, they have always been that way, oh well, gonna see if they respond to a bit of pureblend pro grow, maybe help with the N def, kinda early to be getting yellow.

My skunk#1 is my best looking, most fragrant, healthiest and has the biggest bud mass so far out of all of them, glad i got four clones, this may be the diamond in the rough, a plant worth considering putting through some hermie stress testing. and finally, try my hand at some breeding, maybe a nice jack here male with a skunk female? could be cool.

IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1812.JPG

Latest posts

Back