What Happened to this Thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OldHippieChick said:
Honestly I'm not sure about this FinShaggy guy. I understand unintentionally bringing up a subject that brings out the worst in people. But to need to start a thread asking why that thread was closed, implies to me that you might be an instigator.

No idea what went on with Spearchucker. I've never had a negative thought toward the guy, so I assume he was just having a moment like we all can have. But he still deserved to be called on it. Hate ranters deserve to know that not everyone agrees with them. There's a noticeable trend in society today that gives the impression that rudest = rightest.

AND ANOTHER THING - I thank a hippie every damn time I sit in my own home and roll one I grew that didn't come from some damn drug "cartel" in another country. It was the exodus from the bay area to norther california by real hippies AND vietnam vets, post the summer of love, who through trial and error, taught us all how to grow our own smoke. California was the first state to outlaw marijuana in 1913. I've always thought it was fitting that it was also the womb of the rebirth of marijuana cultivation in this country. If you know enough to identify and pull a male mj plant, you learned it from a hippie.

The hippie movement, which followed the kibbutz movement, was the greatest unstructured spontanious social experiment this nation has ever attempted. With every freedom there are always those who abuse the status quo. If you can only identify the negative (failed) ideologies of the era, you are blind.

I don't know anyone who would go back to the days when an ill timed pregnancy resulted in a forced marriage or the child living with the socially acceptable title of "bastard" attached to his status for life. If not for the hippie movement, you fathers would be sitting in waiting rooms instead of being included in the delivery room and present at the birth of your children for the first time in modern history. There would be no home school movement, there would be no two income families because the womens movement would have been squashed before it ever began. If not for the hippie movement I probably would have had to wear a girdle and high heals to work today like my mother did - IF my husband allowed me to have a job after marriage.

Through hippies I learned about other cultures, religious beliefs, homeopathic approaches, sustainable practices, charity work, racial sensativity, self awareness, activism, and an endless list of other concepts that were not evident in post WW2 anti communist hysterical conformist suburban america. The hippie movement demanded that we all had the freedom to think for ourselves and to question the status quo.

There is not a single member of this forum, or society, who has not benefited from the counterculture movement. To even bring up CARS into the conversation, implies a lack of understanding of history that I just can't even wrap my brain around.

Sorry to come off all serious... sometimes I think and sometimes it shows.
:peace:

BRAVO!!! All true! Awesome post.

ArtVandolay said:
I'm trying to think but nothing happens :eek:

Have you taken the hat off lately?? Better let that brain breath a little, here :48: this should help! :rofl:

Hick....back in the kitchen.....priceless! :rofl:

Hick said:
I was going to close this one after this post, but I think I'll wait for ohc to get the kitchen cleaned up and respond..:rofl:..
I don't do kitchens. I spend my days out in the back, behind the van down by the river, napping in my macrame hammock and making dandelion wreaths. Sometimes that's just too much work, so I just lay back, relax and watch my pit hairs grow while my lazy wimpy "old man" makes tofu and orgainic styrofoam and alfalfa falafel wraps to sell to the real men down at the docks. He's the capitalist black sheep of the family. His goal is to earn enough coin with his wrap sales to "buy the word a coke and keep it company".
:peace:

Wow Im really In :heart:

and not with you Art:p

:rofl: ahhh, :rofl: gahhh! :rofl: get back in the kitchen (wipes tears from eyes) :rofl:

I just don't understand these expended feminine hygene washes that come here to flame and incite then leave like little pregant female dogs that have had a litter....

Peace n' macromet,

7greeneyes:)

Did you guys view that thread as insulting to people growing weed, and old hippies?

That's not what it is at all...

It wasn't a joke either...

People call me a hippie all the time because I have long hair, smoke weed all day, and laugh a lot.
Why the **** does that make me the same as a Starbucks sippin, prius drivin, vegan "HippY" with a "Y" the NEW HIPPY's.
Like WHY are we ALL considered hippies?
It was a question, some statements, and some descriptions...

THAT was the point of the thread...

Everyone took it WAY wrong...

FinShaggy said:
Did you guys view that thread as insulting to people growing weed, and old hippies?

That's not what it is at all...

It wasn't a joke either...

People call me a hippie all the time because I have long hair, smoke weed all day, and laugh a lot.
Why the **** does that make me the same as a Starbucks sippin, prius drivin, vegan "HippY" with a "Y" the NEW HIPPY's.
Like WHY are we ALL considered hippies?
It was a question, some statements, and some descriptions...

THAT was the point of the thread...

Everyone took it WAY wrong...

After hearing you're a young 19 yr old, I question how much you even know about hippies. If you're stereo-typing Prius driving, Starbucks visiting people as the "new hippy", aren't you doing much as you're whining about? Personally, I'd just live my life and don't worry about the next person's thoughts of me.

Latest posts

Back