What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apple, peach, apricot, plum, mulberry, rosemary, sage, jasmine, Japanese aralia, honeysuckle…but my centerpiece is my wisteria arch. It’s night, but it’s in bloom someone remind me to snap a day pic of it tomorrow
5C72C4A6-B0DB-4858-94AA-CC96826A212B.jpeg
641B6C31-536D-4544-B5EC-3B0757C4FE25.jpeg

Funny story about this apple tree. I bit into a Granny Smith 18 months ago and a sprouted seed was in it. I said challenge accepted and put it in my tent. After a year I tossed it outside. It’s been doing well but deep down inside I know it’s a crab apple. 🤣

I’ll stick it in the corner of my yard where my pool drain is and hope for the best. But it’s shown me some bush and thorns…
75C56945-CB31-4240-B1BF-95BF25237A0F.jpeg

apple, peach, apricot, plum, mulberry, rosemary, sage, jasmine, Japanese aralia, honeysuckle…but my centerpiece is my wisteria arch. It’s night, but it’s in bloom someone remind me to snap a day pic of it tomorrow View attachment 292978View attachment 292979

Funny story about this apple tree. I bit into a Granny Smith 18 months ago and a sprouted seed was in it. I said challenge accepted and put it in my tent. After a year I tossed it outside. It’s been doing well but deep down inside I know it’s a crab apple. 🤣

I’ll stick it in the corner of my yard where my pool drain is and hope for the best. But it’s shown me some bush and thorns…
View attachment 292980
Wisteria is something I need to get. A friend had one that was a good 10 feet in diameter. A sight to behold in bloom.

Got damn cat got a young rabbit today. Ran around my yard(and away from me) with it in his mouth shrieking all the way. Eventually came up in my deck, I grabbed the cats tail and dragged him to me then he let go. The things back legs didn’t work. While I went to get a shovel to put it out of it misery, it died. The cat is indoors now for a few days or maybe longer. F’er…
63C6CB3A-DF95-448C-A8FC-17AA1A605B1C.jpeg

Must have gotten a spine bite on 'em. It's sad, but it's in a cat's nature. I take the bunnies away from our feral cats, but I love it when I see 'em munching on the masses of deer mice you get by living in farm country.
Yep. I have a rat(probably more) that I would like Dennis(the cat) to get rid of for me. I just don’t want to see it(kinda like my steak, burgers, bacon and chicken). And I agree, he must’ve broken its back. He is clever. Last year he decapitated a goldfinch in midair after grabbing off one of my feeders. Left the head and took off with the body. He’s a killer…

Got damn cat got a young rabbit today. Ran around my yard(and away from me) with it in his mouth shrieking all the way. Eventually came up in my deck, I grabbed the cats tail and dragged him to me then he let go. The things back legs didn’t work. While I went to get a shovel to put it out of it misery, it died. The cat is indoors now for a few days or maybe longer. F’er…View attachment 293413
My old cat Wilbur use to catch rabbit and squirrel all the time and would eat them down to the tail. He too got eaten by a coyote. 😞Since then my cats are indoors only except now and then let them out on the back deck to sun.

My old cat Wilbur use to catch rabbit and squirrel all the time and would eat them down to the tail. He too got eaten by a coyote. 😞Since then my cats are indoors only except now and then let them out on the back deck to sun.
I had a cat named Buzzy(Alexander originally but he was a Buzzy thru and thru). He was a big Maine Coon and was a skilled hunter. Killed everything. I decided to put a stop to that so I put a bell on his collar. After a few weeks, I watched him hunt in the yard. He would cradle the bell under his neck so it wouldn’t ring. He also allegedly escaped from a cage when we had to ‘board’ him when we went on vacation one year. We got a message on our answering machine from the vet at the boarding company that was funny in hindsight. He was Asian so his English wasn’t that good but his message was “The cat, his name a Buzzy, he escape”(I have a video of the message because, again, in hindsight it is funny). They hadn’t seen him since the day we left. The boarding company was in a huge old New England farmhouse and I told the ‘doc’ I wanted to look for him there. After a half an hour wandering around calling his name, he answered and I found him under a couch in an alcove there. He had probably lost 5 lbs. They didn’t even bother discussing charging me for him or the other 2 cats we boarded. He was a bright, clever serial killer. I miss him still as he passed away years later.

I had a cat named Buzzy(Alexander originally but he was a Buzzy thru and thru). He was a big Maine Coon and was a skilled hunter. Killed everything. I decided to put a stop to that so I put a bell on his collar. After a few weeks, I watched him hunt in the yard. He would cradle the bell under his neck so it wouldn’t ring. He also allegedly escaped from a cage when we had to ‘board’ him when we went on vacation one year. We got a message on our answering machine from the vet at the boarding company that was funny in hindsight. He was Asian so his English wasn’t that good but his message was “The cat, his name a Buzzy, he escape”(I have a video of the message because, again, in hindsight it is funny). They hadn’t seen him since the day we left. The boarding company was in a huge old New England farmhouse and I told the ‘doc’ I wanted to look for him there. After a half an hour wandering around calling his name, he answered and I found him under a couch in an alcove there. He had probably lost 5 lbs. They didn’t even bother discussing charging me for him or the other 2 cats we boarded. He was a bright, clever serial killer. I miss him still as he passed away years later.
Glad you found him, or did he find you? LOL

Latest posts

Back