What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cats instintfully go for a spine bite. They don't always break it, but they damage enough nerves to cripple.
I had a BIG long haired yellow Tom cat. He was a railer. Couple of teeth snapped short and scars all over his face and ears.
He got older, but not smarter. He ran across a younger, faster cat that put a full four fang bite around two inches up from the base of his tail. He dragged himself home by his front legs. I'd prop him up so he could eat and drink, and clean him up when he relived himself. Did that a for a couple of weeks and seriously debated about giving him a long rifle to the ear. Just about the time I had hardened my heart enough to do it, he actually got up and pogoed on his hine legs. A couple months of that, and he could walk, but not very good. A few months later and he was doing fine, but his fighting days were over.

Eight deer out back tonight. They've gone though 50 pounds of corn in the last three days. Sure is good to see 'em back.

This thing is intoxicating
49633985-4306-404D-9F07-05880990AA8C.jpeg

My desert willow died very abruptly. It was beautiful. I manicured it many times. I rarely watered it too, as per all instructions on desert willows. It did make a mess in my neighbors yard the breeze always goes his way, wonder if he had anything to do with it. He clear cut his yard when he moved in years ago and never replanted any trees. Only grass and a couple “banzai” dwarf pine bushes, no trees though anymore he probably really hates the mess from them.
I hate to even accuse him, we share our favorite drinks and dinner dishes across the fence sometimes. A lot of other branches are splitting too. It was just starting to blossom too 😞. I can literally hear it happening. It’s the strangest thing I’ve ever seen (speaking strictly as a utility arborist of course 🤣).
It’s just a tree, I’ll plant another. Sad to see it go it was my car’s shade and it looked good mid summer.
4B0B8C40-E0F0-4ADD-93EC-4B4277C36E8C.jpeg

Houston, we have a (turkey) problem…

Attachments

• IMG_8758.MOV
    12 MB
The spring after I bought my house, I decided to oversees the lawn. They were calling for off an on light rain most of the week so I spread some fertilizer and fescue.

The next morning it came a downpour.

My yard is still half weeds and half grass, but the old pond bottom next lot over has some beautiful grass lol
20220414_183516.jpg

The Easter Turkey stopped by dropping off turds instead of eggs…

Attachments

• IMG_8774.MOV
    14.9 MB
  • IMG_8775.MOV
    26.4 MB
Went to the kitchen yesterday afternoon and spotted five deer happily munching from the corn feeders. Came back half an hour later to grab a Coke, and there were an even dozen on both feeders. One is out at handgun range, and the other is spit wad distance from the house.
Can't wait 'til the babies are born. Looks like the ranch is going to be a nursery this year. Love watching 'em play like kittens without a care.

I see deer in the woods behind my house but they avoid the yard in the daylight hours. I know they come into the yard by the scat they leave behind.

Latest posts

Back