What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! You are a collector of wildlife. I’ve always liked to collect bugs put them in a box and watch them as a kid and even today in my old ahe, even provide food for them after learning about them. I’ve raised praying mantis several years, and fruit flies to feed them, tadpoles until they were big enough to release, even gotta thing for dung beetles 🤪. the last couple years I’m learning about which bugs are good and bad for cannabis. turns out I have some real soldiers that help me out on my outside grow. I live on a lake tributary so we have plenty of your kinda thing out there. Not too many poisonous snakes but quite a few friendly ones. I like spiders too but admit I squashed a friends pet tarantula spider when he tried to scare me with it in front of our friends. They were all in on it. They whole room yelled out when I did it. I feel bad about that still now and wished that my friends didn’t play that joke on me. I don’t step on spiders anymore and I do love seeing them in my garden. Look forward to your family pics 😊

Well, coyotes wiped out my whole flock, except for one chicken, yesterday while I was at work.
The wife and dogs were in the house during the whole thing. Found what was left of two turkeys back in the woods behind the house. Wasn’t a sign of anything else other than a few feathers here and there.

Well, coyotes wiped out my whole flock, except for one chicken, yesterday while I was at work.
The wife and dogs were in the house during the whole thing. Found what was left of two turkeys back in the woods behind the house. Wasn’t a sign of anything else other than a few feathers here and there.

so sorry my friend

Sounds like it is time to go coyote hunting…

Gotta put the apples out. This little guy has been checking out my little clones. I’m pretty sure they don’t eat cannabis but I think he’s trying to get my attention which he’s getting. Gonna let Maryjane out to keep him at bay till I get to the apple thing…

IMG_3260.jpeg

Found one of my turkeys covered with leaves at the base of a tree.
My son is a great and mighty coyote hunter. Has one of those thermal scopes and the whole 9 yards.
I done told him to come get after it.

Gotta put the apples out. This little guy has been checking out my little clones. I’m pretty sure they don’t eat cannabis but I think he’s trying to get my attention which he’s getting. Gonna let Maryjane out to keep him at bay till I get to the apple thing…

View attachment 331041

Sorry to say I've been there. Anything will eat chickens; 'Yotes, coons, opossums, stray cats, and hawks. Each and every one has gotten a dose of lead poisoning, but I eventually gave up. Sure do miss the free range eggs. So do my neighbors. I gave away more than I kept. I'd love to give another flock a try, but I've got to figure out a way to keep 'em safe.

Sorry to say I've been there. Anything will eat chickens; 'Yotes, coons, opossums, stray cats, and hawks. Each and every one has gotten a dose of lead poisoning, but I eventually gave up. Sure do miss the free range eggs. So do my neighbors. I gave away more than I kept. I'd love to give another flock a try, but I've got to figure out a way to keep 'em safe.
I have been there plenty of times, as well.
I have had chickens killed by every every predator there is, at one time or another.
This is the first time I have had this many killed at once though.
IMG_0578.jpeg

I will get even this winter. Time to break the snares back out.

If you keep any of your turkey wings you can make custom wing bone turkey calls. These are some of the ones I made from people giving them to me at thanksgiving. It is all I have ever used and have gotten good enough to even when some competitions
IMG_20211015_153737068_HDR - Copy.jpg
with them. These are ones I made just starting out 20 years ago. Now I have won some custom call design shows.

I have been there plenty of times, as well.
I have had chickens killed by every every predator there is, at one time or another.
This is the first time I have had this many killed at once though.
View attachment 331065
I will get even this winter. Time to break the snares back out.
Flower your location is from Indiana. I am from Michigan up in the upper peninsula.

Wow! You are a collector of wildlife. I’ve always liked to collect bugs put them in a box and watch them as a kid and even today in my old ahe, even provide food for them after learning about them. I’ve raised praying mantis several years, and fruit flies to feed them, tadpoles until they were big enough to release, even gotta thing for dung beetles 🤪. the last couple years I’m learning about which bugs are good and bad for cannabis. turns out I have some real soldiers that help me out on my outside grow. I live on a lake tributary so we have plenty of your kinda thing out there. Not too many poisonous snakes but quite a few friendly ones. I like spiders too but admit I squashed a friends pet tarantula spider when he tried to scare me with it in front of our friends. They were all in on it. They whole room yelled out when I did it. I feel bad about that still now and wished that my friends didn’t play that joke on me. I don’t step on spiders anymore and I do love seeing them in my garden. Look forward to your family pics 😊
The two hawks I raised because someone shot the parents, so my older brother and I watched them for a while to make sure that the parents were not coming back. And we climbed the tree and raised them. We would get cattle beef and hearts and feed that to them. They eventually grew up and went on their way.

That’s such a nice memory. They probably stayed around your area too after you saved them mama-runyoned 😊. I took care of a baby owl once for only a few days after it crashed into my house. Was glad to see it fly off and hoped that it was smart enough to fend for itself.

If you keep any of your turkey wings you can make custom wing bone turkey calls. These are some of the ones I made from people giving them to me at thanksgiving. It is all I have ever used and have gotten good enough to even when some competitionsView attachment 331089 with them. These are ones I made just starting out 20 years ago. Now I have won some custom call design shows.
Don't need to call them. There in the meat department by the produce.😁

If you keep any of your turkey wings you can make custom wing bone turkey calls. These are some of the ones I made from people giving them to me at thanksgiving. It is all I have ever used and have gotten good enough to even when some competitionsView attachment 331089 with them. These are ones I made just starting out 20 years ago. Now I have won some custom call design shows.
I believe I read a hens wing makes a better sounding call than a gobblers, because the bones are thinner. Your calls are beautiful, btw. You are definitely an artist.
I prefer using a pot style call, myself.
My wife’s cousin makes some really nice slate calls. Best sounding call I have ever used.
IMG_6075.jpeg

The turkeys think so, too.

That’s such a nice memory. They probably stayed around your area too after you saved them mama-runyoned 😊. I took care of a baby owl once for only a few days after it crashed into my house. Was glad to see it fly off and hoped that it was smart enough to fend for itself.
well, I have to admit that is the first time I have ever been called mama. LOL Kinda of an uncomfortable feeling. lol

Latest posts

Back