What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks way too big for a wild one. Probably an escapee from a local farm. He's just displaying how pretty he is. I had a bronze tom that would do the same thing. He'd come running up to ya, fluff out his feathers, then entertain me with a dance where he'd drum his feet and spin in circles.

That looks way too big for a wild one. Probably an escapee from a local farm. He's just displaying how pretty he is. I had a bronze tom that would do the same thing. He'd come running up to ya, fluff out his feathers, then entertain me with a dance where he'd drum his feet and spin in circles.
Have you seen this? Well-spent hour!

That's no drift, dude. I'd be off-grid in a heartbeat if my Bossie didn't have medical needs that require close proximity to medical care. I hate not having any privacy. HATE. IT.
Yup same here. We have been looking at houses in Wyoming Idaho Montana and when I show my wife a house it's 100 miles from everything. When she shows me a hose it's a little ways out from some big city. So there is a little disconnect between what we want. She being more practical which has always been the case.

I'd love to live farther out in the stix, but the Old Hen wouldn't have it. I've also got to keep in mind that neither one of us are getting younger, and a hour's drive to the nearest hospital can equal a death sentence for us golden oldies.

Is your doorbell and garage camera both connected to your phone with the same app? I haven’t priced them. is that an expensive setup?
Yep,,and my Wife's phone and Alexa let's me know too.
I didn't consider it expensive with the security it gives me.

I looked at it once - at the time it was a recurring monthly fee, iirc.
That's for the fact that it records 24/7 on their servers.
Is there an extra charge per month or does it run off your normal wifi
I pay yearly. I think it's something like a 100 bucks a year to have 24/7 recordings. You can go back and check your cameras or doorbell if your looking for a particular time. Very cool.
And yes it is hooked to your WiFi. I actually have the Ring extender that helps with the signal. Plus it makes pretty much any noise you want. Mines in the garage and when something sets off the alert. It sounds like a bunch of mean dogs barking.😁

That's for the fact that it records 24/7 on their servers.

I pay yearly. I think it's something like a 100 bucks a year to have 24/7 recordings. You can go back and check your cameras or doorbell if your looking for a particular time. Very cool.
And yes it is hooked to your WiFi. I actually have the Ring extender that helps with the signal. Plus it makes pretty much any noise you want. Mines in the garage and when something sets off the alert. It sounds like a bunch of mean dogs barking.😁
I have just the ‘doorbell’. A year subscription was around $40. I think that is per camera but I am not certain of that. My doorbell is kind of of pain in the a$$. Every time a car drives by, it send a notification to my phone. I have the sensitivity set to its lowest setting. It only records brief snippets of video when it has not been ‘triggered’. There may be a setting I don’t have right though. I do like that it tells me someone is at the door when I am not home so there is that.

You need to set the Zone brother and it won't see the street. It's not the sensitivity,,it's how you have the Zones set.
I have screwed around with the zones(both the default and package delivery zones) and it still triggers. The unit also doesn’t like my main Wi-Fi router and only will connect to the extender which is odd. This is my current zone setup…
756CC438-A6CD-400D-A863-363A6BD2F2BD.png

I have mine pulled way in because I have a Camera over my garage that catches everything including ppl coming towards my front door.
I only need the Ring Doorbell for when they get close to the sidewalk leading to my door so I don't get those alerts from the sidewalk or road.
How old is your Ring Doorbell? The 1st one I bought sucked and did the same thing.
I bought one of the newer ones and it works great with no fking false alarms.

Screenshot_20231104-080858.png

Last edited:
I have mine pulled way in because I have a Camera over my garage that catches everything including ppl coming towards my front door.
I only need the Ring Doorbell for when they get close to the sidewalk leading to my door so I don't get those alerts from the sidewalk or road.
How old is your Ring Doorbell? The 1st one I bought sucked and did the same thing.
I bought one of the newer ones and it works great with no fking false alarms.

View attachment 345737
I bought mine in May I think. We live in a quiet neighborhood in a quiet town but there are occasional car break-ins so I want my driveway I’m the detection zone. Maybe I will reset the unit today to see if it just needs an attitude adjustment…

Mine appears to take a snapshot every hour if there are no ‘detections’. I scrolled thru the history just now and the ‘video’ jumps from hour to hour only.z

Latest posts

Back