What is wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

Hi guys,
My two Medicine Woman plants look like this.
First I thought it needed nutes, so i did that, but i am organic and it takes a while for them to show. It is getting worse, losing a lot of fan leaves. She is at day 27 flowering. Help. Thank you.
DSCF1130.JPG

DSCF1132.JPG

DSCF1133.JPG

I did some lst when she first went to flowering, would that stress her this much? i don't think so.

I see Mr Hamster Lewis on the Active Users line. I sure hope he can help you Rose. IF we were outdoors and we were a month from finish, I would say it is the Normal Fade. But your not.

Wish I could help you. Maybe an early fade is what that plant does?

OH and FORGOT TO SAY....

CONGRATS ON THE BPOM, well deserved. You ROCK Rose.

thanks for checking in TC, it is much too early for her. Have grown her lots of times and never had this, weird. Has me a little worried. Looks like nute burn but it can't be I don't think. I don't think pulling the branches down would stress them this much. It has been hotter then heck in there. 85 or 86. Usually 83. Thanks for caring TC.

I would have thought Nute Burn too, if it had just been the dark spots. The leaves look odd pushing upward like they are too (compared to the plant next to it). Could it be overwatering? Just an idea. Overwatering is never a problem for me.....as the heat drys everything so fast here.

Again, Congrats on that Beautiful BPOM up there.

That's not stress or heat related. That is definitely deficiency related. I see more plants in the background, are all of them having this problem or just this one? Are you feeding them the same nutes, the same way? That looks like a combination of N def and maybe P or K as well. Maybe even some micro nute def, which leads me to think you have a PH issue that has been causing nute lockout for a while. I would say run some water (PH 6.8) through it slowly until it starts to run out of the bottom. Catch the water and check the PH, unless you have a soil PH meter.

I guess it could be, but I often wait for them to wilt and it is so hot in there, so I don't think so, but the leaves are limp like that.

None of the other plants are affected, just the two medicine woman'. All are fed the same way.
I am an organic dirt farmer that has never had to test my ph. The tips look burnt to me. I fed them on Sunday.

I do have some test strips, would that work?

TC, i know to only enter when you have nothing in bloom for the bpotm, but thank you. I expect great things from you this season, and I see you already started..she is pretty.

I am thinking more like Hushpuppy--a deficiency rather than nute burn. Just doesn't look like nute burn to me.

Sometimes weird things happen for no apparent reason. I have had 2 clones from the same mother in a 10 gal tote and had one do great and the other do terrible. Same everything--I never could figure it out.

I do have to say though, that what I know about organics I can write on my thumb nail with a magic marker.

I don't know how accurate those test strips are but it wouldn't hurt to try them to see. If the PH is way off, They will probably show it, but if it is only off just enough to lock out the nutes, it may not show. If you look at the second sticky on this thread, you will see that those leaves are exibiting several deficiency symptoms. Almost anytime there are multiple deficiencies and the person is feeding properly, then I suspect PH as it locks out multiple things when it gets off and it is easiest to check and solve for.

Well I suck at diagnosing sick plants...especially in organics, but that looks like a big time N deficiency at least. I don't see any real nute burn.
Are you in an organic "super soil"? If so what was your mix?

"I do have to say though, that what I know about organics I can write on my thumb nail with a magic marker." THG, that is funny.
hushpuppy, maybe i should run down and get some Tea. My grow shop sells it and it is good stuff. I could also hit them with some N. I fed them on Sunday I don't know how long it will take for that to get into the leaves.
Should I hit them with some N, wouldn't all my plants have lock out if it was lockout?

Hamster, I use fox farm ocean forest and some happy frog for the mychora..don't know how to spell that. Have used it always. this is just weird.

Well at the risk of sounding like a total noob maybe your beneficial mycho are dead? I was under the impression that ph wld hve to be way off in organic growing to lock out nutrients. I thought the mycho buffers everything...but like I said I suck at organics.

I think it looks like an N deficiency, too. Like I said, I have seen clones from the same mother react quite differently to the same environment and nutrients.

Maybe a dose of folier N? I know they are flowering, but this seems urgent.

What is the genetic make up of WW? Indica/sativa %'s?

I'm thinking strain related (duh, me), but it could be pH, def, or ????

The other plants look great, so it's not a general thing.

For your run off test, water well and totally saturate the medium. Toss the run off. Wait about an hour, add just a bit of water, catch that run off and test it. The strips should be fine, ball park is ok for run off.

What's in your soil mix? Basic and amendments? Using lime? Hot, mild, just right?

I really want to say low N, but that could be 100% wrong. In truth, IDK.

Wet

I don't feel i can add to this at all , but i wish your plant well. I absolutely love that bud of the month medicine woman bud.

Rosebud said:
thanks for checking in TC, it is much too early for her. Have grown her lots of times and never had this, weird. Has me a little worried. Looks like nute burn but it can't be I don't think. I don't think pulling the branches down would stress them this much. It has been hotter then heck in there. 85 or 86. Usually 83. Thanks for caring TC.

You've grown her before with no probs, so think of what is different. A bit hotter could make a difference. I really doubt the LST had anything to do with it, but something has changed from previous grows.

Just need to figure out what.:hubba:

Wet

Hey thank you Solanero.
WD, i been hoping you would stop by. The heat is different in the room, not bothering the others. All plants are in FFOF with a little happy frog for the mychroz.....stuff. They had tea a few times going into flower, they have been fed twice since in flower (27 days)...seems like that is how i usually do it. Can you comment on if it was ph lockout wouldn't all plants be locked out?

Are they root bound Rose?

its definetley not nute burn imo,

it is so hard to figure when the other plants beside her show no signs of the issue, it looks like normal fade but obviously way way to soon, dont know what to say but if it were me i would consider hitting them with a heavy dose of N, but i also am terrible at diagnosing other peoples issues.

I'm sorry you're having this issue, Rosie, hope you can figure it out! Personally, I'd give them a nice topping of worm castings....but I is simple folk here LOL

Truly, good luck to you!

Latest posts

Back