What is your pet peeve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say someone who is proselytizing in an improper setting but doesn't have the knowledge or conviction to stand up to any amount of scrutiny. Then they find some way to be offended so they can claim victim status instead of having to engage in any amount of critical thinking or rationale. Then doubling down in their idiocy by quoting a misunderstood and out of context blurb from their little holy book of atrocities, that they've never actually read, as if that were an answer to anything.

sounds like you may have been offended by someone else's belief system , no?

or burned by some religious zealous proselytizing , in the past?

dont tell me it was a mentally ill priest who likes little boys!?

so what is your burning question , Does GOD exist?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this thread doesn't go in a bad direction. I don't want to have to lock it down to keep the peace. We are all friends so lets remember that guys.
I have no problem with a good debate as long as we remain cool about it and don't start putting each other down to get our points across.
Peace

i don’t pin this distraction on the celibacy vow but do feel that that vow has been used to hide behind
We are not made for such things and time and time again that has been proven to go against our biological makeup.
Its like taming a Lion. Good chance you're going to get your ass chewed up sooner or later. Kinda like that moron and the Grizzly bears that ended up eating him and his girlfriend. Its in their DNA and built for their survival just like sex is for our survival on this planet in order to populate. Other wise humans would disappear from the face of the earth.

Last edited:
I hope this thread doesn't go in a bad direction. I don't want to have to lock it down to keep the peace. We are all friends so lets remember that guys.
I have no problem with a good debate as long as we remain cool about it and don't start putting each other down to get our points across.
Peace
Who’s doing that? ✌️

Its not natural Subby. We are not made for such things and time and time again that has been proven to go against our biological makeup.
Its like taming a Lion. Good chance you're going to get your ass chewed up sooner or later. Kinda like that moron and the Grizzly bears that ended up eating him and his girlfriend.
You must have the wrong idea, I never said it was natural…

sounds like you may have been offended by someone else's belief system , no?

or burned by some religious zealous proselytizing , in the past?

dont tell me it was a mentally ill priest who likes little boys!?

so what is your burning question , Does GOD exist?
No not offended. The other persons seem offended that I question their childish beliefs. If you publicly are proselytizing then you are subject to scrutiny or ridicule.
I haven't been burned. I am a little annoyed that people seem to think faith is off limits from questions when I'm not the one who brings it up.
I didn't threaten anyone with hell or judgment....they did.
I didn't make any outrageous claims....they did.
I didn't post esoteric nonsense then act indignant when it gets pulled to the carpet....that's an occupation of the faithful, not the reasonable.

It's funny that you call priests who bang kids mentally ill. You don't see the connection to God in all of that. You don't think that kid must have been praying to that God to make it stop? And you don't hold God accountable for watching with it's arms folded as those same victims move on in silence, now mentally ill supposedly, and start the abuse cycle all over again?
Is God all powerful? Why doesn't he stop it?
Is God all knowing? Is God all good?
Why doesn't he stop it? For free will?
If you said God doesn't stop it in order not to violate humanitys free will, think about this.....
Was the free will of the victim violated? Why didn't God care if he's all good?
So God allows the victims free will to be violated so that a rapists free will is preserved.
Your beliefs are sick it this is constitutes morality to you.

God as it has been described to me, omnipotent, omniscient, omni-benevolent, does not evidently exist. Even worse this God evidently Does not exist.
Now if you want your beliefs to be off limits keep them to yourself or be willing to have discourse with intelligent and honest interlocutors.

No not offended. The other persons seem offended that I question their childish beliefs. If you publicly are proselytizing then you are subject to scrutiny or ridicule.
I haven't been burned. I am a little annoyed that people seem to think faith is off limits from questions when I'm not the one who brings it up.
I didn't threaten anyone with hell or judgment....they did.
I didn't make any outrageous claims....they did.
I didn't post esoteric nonsense then act indignant when it gets pulled to the carpet....that's an occupation of the faithful, not the reasonable.

It's funny that you call priests who bang kids mentally ill. You don't see the connection to God in all of that. You don't think that kid must have been praying to that God to make it stop? And you don't hold God accountable for watching with it's arms folded as those same victims move on in silence, now mentally ill supposedly, and start the abuse cycle all over again?
Is God all powerful? Why doesn't he stop it?
Is God all knowing? Is God all good?
Why doesn't he stop it? For free will?
If you said God doesn't stop it in order not to violate humanitys free will, think about this.....
Was the free will of the victim violated? Why didn't God care if he's all good?
So God allows the victims free will to be violated so that a rapists free will is preserved.
Your beliefs are sick it this is constitutes morality to you.

God as it has been described to me, omnipotent, omniscient, omni-benevolent, does not evidently exist. Even worse this God evidently Does not exist.
Now if you want your beliefs to be off limits keep them to yourself or be willing to have discourse with intelligent and honest interlocutors.

attacking someone personally by calling them crazy is not intelligent discourse and it does not show honest discourse but rather exposes ones defects

lets start here

intelligent design = intelligent designer

Latest posts

Back