What Strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzukiben

Reaction score
I am going to be a first time grower, and I want to grow 2-3 plants in a small (28"X24"x36") space.
I plan to use LED's, or a T5 halogen setup (suggestions?) to keep the heat down, and will be growing in soil.

I am looking for a strain that will be easy to grow, has a good yield, potency, and will fit well in my small space. A quick grow and harvesting time is a plus.

any ideas?
Thanks

check out some of the auto grow journals, sounds about rite for u

:yeahthat:

Autos are great for small spaces but yield isnt much to talk about..But as for the speed..8 weeks from germ as for regs that take 4-6 weeks to show sex then another 8 plus weeks to finish...if ya havent purchased yet May I sugest ya look into what th breeders suggest...some strains are easy on a first timer as where others will kick ya bumm...I wish ya the Best on what ever ya choose and please share your grow with us..I would love to fallow along..untill then take care and be safe

get some Russian rocket fuel or Mi5 or wait till stitch comes out with the pure og kush auto, thats the 1 im waitin for. definatly will be making seeds

Don't waste your money on LEDs (this coming from a guy who has), buy t5s to grow your girls with.

I use a LED+CFL combo in about the same size space.
Great results.
You must do your research when getting leds. Everything from power usage directed at the diode, to projection angle of the lens. 95% of the stuff out there is cheap Chinese ripoff junk.
Example, One 90w UFO light may put out 1200 lumens, another the same shape, look, design and everything can muscle 9-11k pure feeding lumens.

I think skunk #1 or super skunk is great for beginners unless you have to worry about smell...then i would go with Northern lights...

suzukiben said:
I am going to be a first time grower, and I want to grow 2-3 plants in a small (28"X24"x36") space.
I plan to use LED's, or a T5 halogen setup (suggestions?) to keep the heat down, and will be growing in soil.

I am looking for a strain that will be easy to grow, has a good yield, potency, and will fit well in my small space. A quick grow and harvesting time is a plus.

any ideas?
Thanks

A T5 is a flourescent tube, not a halogen light. You cannot use halogen lights to grow plants. You are going to want about 20,000 lumens. Check out this one from HTG Supply
hXXp://www.htgsupply.com/Product-HTG-Supply-2-Foot-4-Lamp-PL-55-Tek-Lamp.asp
A small wattage HPS (250W) in a cool tube would also be an option.

You are going to need ventilation, regardless of the lighting you select.

There are a lot of important things when growing cannabis, imo lighting is the most important. You should do your home work, and listen to these guys. They know what they speak of. GREEN MOJO for your grow. PEACE!!

Latest posts

Back