what the!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy-bdz

Reaction score
hi there i have two new mothers [i hope] i started these seeds at the first of july they have never been in darkness yet but one has been showing signs of flowering the seeds came from a bag of purple indica one looks normal but the other has what looks like flowers comming up is there somthing wrong is it a hermorphidite would it show already if anyone out there has seen this or even heard anything please let me know what i am dealing with i am going to sex these plants soon and i do not need any surprises thanks

.....most strains will exhibit "pre-flowers" along about week 5-6. A natural sign of maturation.

thanks for the quick reply but these plants are only 5-6 weeks old now and it has been showing flowers for 3 wks. and they are getting bigger i am still under 24hrs.light i have them under a 400 m-h and a 150 hps that i got from a security light there wre two seeds in the bag that popped they look identical except for the flowwers on one

here are a couple of pics of what iam dealing with hope it works

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

yep..those are buds forming...NOT preflowers!
..my guesse would be some lowrider or other ruderalis (auto flowering) genetics in there.

Hick said:
yep..those are buds forming...NOT preflowers!
..my guesse would be some lowrider or other ruderalis (auto flowering) genetics in there.

yup i'd say u got something per-determined to flower at 3 -4 wks, i'd switch the lighting on that one to start getting a good yield ur not gonna be able to stop the flowering

i like the sound of a plant that starts to flower befor it sees any darkness you do not need to sex them but why would only one fo the two seeds do this does it mmean the other one is a male i was hoping to turn these into mother plants so i could have a green christmas but if that plant is just going to flower do you think i can clone it ? or should i just throw it in the other room now? everyone on this web site has been great i really appreciate every ones help thanks to all of you

......IMHO...those autoflower'ers ;), are detrimental to the gene pool. They will never make a mother/donor, they're virtually uncloneable, minimal yeilds, (no veg time..no size), and IMO are inferior in quality, too.
"Ruderalis"..Russian hemp...

..now, I'm sure this will get some "knee jerk" reaction from some low ryder fans, but we all have our opinions, and mine is unwavering.

thanks for the input i was kind of leaning toward throwing it out but because of the other one i was a little skeptical the other plant seems to be growing nicely with no caracteristics of the other [it,s probably male] i went to sacred seed yesterday and picked up some no.1 skunk seeds started to plant them today hopefully i get a few mothers out of this but i wasted to mmuch time on these ones so i guess it will not be a green christmas after all you know what really threw me off was that i bought that bag from a compassion club where i have never gotten a bad bag again thanks and i will let you all know how the skunk turns out

Hey Billy-B it is only my opinion but if what you have there is an auto-flower as Hick suggested then you should only have another 3-4 weeks til harvest....somewhere around there i believe, so why not put her in her own little space & let her do what she wants to do.Hey it may be a small quantity but you're about 1/2 way through so hey you never know what she may provide for you.At the least you'll have something to toke on while those skunk ladies grow big & strong for ya.Good luck with it all & have fun....:cool: I say this because it seems as if you have a girl there & we strive for the girls to survive.....

Hick said:
......IMHO...those autoflower'ers, are detrimental to the gene pool. They will never make a mother/donor, they're virtually uncloneable, minimal yeilds, (no veg time..no size), and IMO are inferior in quality, too.
"Ruderalis"..Russian hemp...

..now, I'm sure this will get some "knee jerk" reaction from some low ryder fans, but we all have our opinions, and mine is unwavering.

You're the first I've heard say that Hick. I have to say that I agree with you. I think the facination with Lowryders is with the "tiny growbox" crowd. A lot of people are obsessed with growing tiny grows in tiny spaces.

Myself, I love a nice 5 foot tall, massive buds, pound size grows.

Now if they could cross something like White Widow and Lowryder, I might plant a few dozen of them in my yard next year. That would be perfect for a yard plant.

I think they have it X'd up to about everything else stony.
I think LR has it's .."nitch" to serve, like you, ..those "micro" grows. But I hardly see that point..
Most states prosecute cultivation by plant numbers, rather than poundage or actual smokeable product.
Consequently, (IF one were busted)..your 5 ft 1 lb. plant constitutes a lesser penalty than, say a 4 oz LR grow, with a half dozen plants.

.....I won't start on the possibilities/probabilities of degenerating the "drug quality" cannabis genetics. I don't think I'm up to that discussion..:D

Latest posts

Back