What to put in the Pit of Rot...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistisrising

Wierd Al Yank a Male
Reaction score
So, here's my dillema this year. I have a spot I've grown in for two years now, and both years its gotten a good amount of rot. The first year I grew bag seed, and only ended up with a half oz off of four plants. Last year I used good genetics, and ended up with a couple of oz's from five girls. This year I invested in green houses AMS strain, and nirvanas kaya. Together with the kali mist that did well there last year, I should be good.

So, then I go and sink a few girlies there and notice the guy who grew near me last year isn't in there yet. Strange, since he was planted in march last year. I figure that if he doesn't come back by june 1st, I'm going to sink three in his territory. I'm positive that he knew about us last year, so there's a chance that he won't come back.

All the strains I have left, I can't find any info on mold resistance. If anyone has any info on the outdoor perfomance of any of these strains, please post.

Sweet Purple
White widow
kc 39
ak 47
white russian
mango
bubble berry
island bud
b-52(I'm positive this is the wrong one)
hailey comet
guerillas gusto (i'm not sure if I have one of these left or not, but this is my choice so far)

I'm positive that he knew about us last year, so there's a chance that he won't come back.

There may be no need to come around now or even grow when he can just wait till your harvest time:eek:

I am not living in a mj friendly state and if someone knew where my outdoor grow was from the previous year, I would not grow there. I would be terrified that they would either steal my grow or rat my grow out to leo.

Nice list you got going :)

I have never grown geurrilla in the same spot twice. Each year i dug a new hole so to speak. That way if it was found the next year wasn't heart attack central.

Thanks for replying, but we work in the same area, and used to go on similar lunchtime "walks" as each other. I think he actually went an hour before me, but we used to pass each other on the main path twice a month or so. So, 1. he didn't steal it last year, and knew it was there; 2. he knows where I work, and I know where he works. So, if he steals my crop, where is he gonna go?

More to the point does anyone have any outdoor info on these strains?

Thanks in advance.

mistisrising said:
So, here's my dillema this year. I have a spot I've grown in for two years now, and both years its gotten a good amount of rot. The first year I grew bag seed, and only ended up with a half oz off of four plants. Last year I used good genetics, and ended up with a couple of oz's from five girls. This year I invested in green houses AMS strain, and nirvanas kaya. Together with the kali mist that did well there last year, I should be good.

So, then I go and sink a few girlies there and notice the guy who grew near me last year isn't in there yet. Strange, since he was planted in march last year. I figure that if he doesn't come back by june 1st, I'm going to sink three in his territory. I'm positive that he knew about us last year, so there's a chance that he won't come back.

All the strains I have left, I can't find any info on mold resistance. If anyone has any info on the outdoor perfomance of any of these strains, please post.

Sweet Purple
White widow
kc 39
ak 47
white russian
mango
bubble berry
island bud
b-52(I'm positive this is the wrong one)
hailey comet
guerillas gusto (i'm not sure if I have one of these left or not, but this is my choice so far)
My question to you is why would you grow in a spot again that 2 yrs in a row you had poor yields? couple oz's off 5 plants, something not right there. Most hybrid strains(which is what you have listed) are breed to resist disease,molds and such. Sounds more like your growing area is to wet/swampy keeping humidity to high. To me something just does'nt seem right. Maybe try a new area and see if your yields increase...take care..

Sorry for the late response. The reason I want to grow there again, is that I live in a urban area, and there aren't many spots that don't get messed with. Sure, its swampy, but I could show you a hundred, or so, places that are a hundred times better, and all of them have been hit by thieves. Not much room around here. So, what's the problem with trying a new strain in there?

Sir tokie, I hear what your saying about hybrids, but most f1's go in the opposite direction. Usually, IME, all f1's rot pretty bad. They seem to lose that resistance in that generation. But, if you continue to breed the mix, it seems to come back within the next two generations.
Last year I got twelve ounces finished product, and I didn't weigh the stuff I made hash with, but it wasn't half a supermarket shopping bag, and I got an ounce of hash from it. So, there was mad rot, from all four spots I used. Just certain strains didn't rot as bad. I have faith that I could fill the pit with kali mist, and get a really good harvest out of there, but the area we're talking about is too close to the road to be able to make it to november without getting noticed.

Latest posts

Back