What Type of Lighting do you use??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Click on your lighting Setup

• HPS

• MH

• Flouro

• Compact Flouro

• Incandescent

Results are only viewable after voting.
i got two plants seeding should i use hps through the whole cyle right now jus use florent 28w
any suggesting

i got two plant's seeding a 28w florrenst is that ok should i go higher

would a 28 w be good for seed then to a 400 hps

would a 120w flrocent for veggie be good?

is mircal grow potting soil good

hash420 said:

are u just posting to post or what this is a poll thread and your asking questions in it why not start a thread and ask ur questions?:eek:

I use them all... but not incandescent for growing... I use those to suntan with... ;)

I Use a 400w MH for Veg and 375 HPS for Flower( but its all MH for this flower... my HPS took a crap and i dont have the $$ to replace the HPS right now hehe)

hash420 said:
i got two plants seeding should i use hps through the whole cyle right now jus use florent 28w
any suggesting

i got two plant's seeding a 28w florrenst is that ok should i go higher

would a 28 w be good for seed then to a 400 hps

would a 120w flrocent for veggie be good?

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24 <-- lighting

I'm in my first week of setting up..1st Indoor ...so wish me luck
VEG:pL55 watt T5 w/ 2 bulbs ( 10,000 lumens,w/ 2 6500K bulbs and 2 2700K)
and 400 watt Hps/Mh switchable running Mh till flower...

This is for 8 plants.
once cuttings put in pots i started with 1 600w duel spectrum hps prob 3 feet away.
After another 2 weeks added another 600w deul spec hps.
After another week moved em to about foot and half away with fan on plants.
Grew nice + fat but stopped at just under foot tall so moved light to about 2 foot away, plants shot up another 6 inch, nice.
It now about 5th week just added another 600w duel spec at side of em as looking to go 12/12 soon.
My first crop this and totally new to it and pretty happy with results so far.

doin well.jpg

8-n:vision 27watt/1400 lum daylight cfl spirals(216w/11,200 lum total) still in veging atage

8-n:vision 27watt/1400 lum daylight cfl spirals(216w/11,200 lum total) still in vegging stage

I start with dual 600 hpsfor flowering and after 2 weeks i add 1000 hps / 400 mh for veg

400 watt HPS for flowering

Aerogarden Deluxe Hood (3 light) Cfl's for vegging clones

400 Watt MH for vegging from seed

:hubba: 200 double D LED flashlights duct taped together. Oh yea rechargeable batteries. Thats about 600 watts, at least for the first few minutes.

Cuttings: 3x40watts office flouro retro'ed w/ grolux (yes, Im oldschool...lol..)
Veg: 400 watt (either MHConv for unknown femmed beans or HPS with established females)
Flower: 1000WHPS

7greeneyes said:
Cuttings: 3x40watts office flouro retro'ed w/ grolux (yes, Im oldschool...lol..)
Veg: 400 watt (either MHConv for unknown femmed beans or HPS with established females)
Flower: 1000WHPS

This is interesting. I am curious behind vegging with MH for unknown beans and HPS for established females (clones?)? More blue light with the MH? I keep running out of room and have been vegging some plants under a 600W HPS that I crank down to 400W. Money is quite tight right now and I have put off buying a 600W MH.....

I read online somewhere a disertation on environmental factors that influence a greater amount of females by the breeder Shantibaba, and he always said a a soil mix high in N, cool blues of flouro or MH (I picked MH for better penetration) and an 18/6 lighting veg cycle (I've since took your advice and switched 24/7), and cooler tempertures (low 70'sfahrenheit. idk specifics temps, will look it up later).
So I use MH for new beans till they show preflowers and flip to hps and 12/12. The reason behind using HPS on known females and established cuttings is because it's waaay cheaper to use hps to veg under then MHConversion lamps for extended periods, so that's my apporach to that...I've always gotten females (knock on wood) using this technique and the only hermans I've had we're gifted cuts from other grower's :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back