whats up with Fox Farm???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mixing up nutes from different companies can make a toxic drink for your plants...don't do it. As for FF nutes, I like them. They work good but I like the Pure Blend much better not to mention it's organic:D.

i mean i give a mine a little flower nutes during veg and a little veg nute early in flowering. i just never understood mixing 3 types of nutes everytime you feed when you could buy them all in one.. im sure there is a reason i'd just like to know what it is. because right now it makes no sense to me..

JBonez said:
slowmo, youve seen my grow, FF all the way baby, they love it!

+1

Their Nutes are work really well. I do a high feeding once every two weeks and daily feedings of their less concentrated mix (all directions on the bottle). I was growing autoflower's on them so I haven't gotten to use their vegetative nutrient much, but from what I did use it worked really well. They are also organic and if you give your plants time to clear the weed burns till the ash is very white (which means its clean so I've heard)

I tried doing the MG thing and it really is a learning curve killer, you spend more time making sure your plants aren't getting nute burn then watching them grow. I personally don't like their nutes.
Their soil is up for debate, but their are those ( *cough*cough* TBG) that make freakishly amazing soil grown sticky mcnasty buds the size of young babies with it. I've had good experience with the soil myself and really enjoyed the autoflowers that came out of them. Hope this helps

slowmo77 said:
i mean i give a mine a little flower nutes during veg and a little veg nute early in flowering. i just never understood mixing 3 types of nutes everytime you feed when you could buy them all in one.. im sure there is a reason i'd just like to know what it is. because right now it makes no sense to me..

I use a 5 part feeding system, and I will tell you why you cant buy them all in one.

When I first started growing I felt the same way, just mix em all together then you dont have to measure it all out everytime,Simple.

So I mixed all 5 parts of my nute feed into one jar so I could add it when it was time to water.

Talk about nute burn, After I watered with this method the next day my plants started to fry. I was in the first week of flower.

They never came out of it, just burned up to almost nothing.

Anyhow, thats how I figured out there was a reason behind mixing individualy versus an all in one nute mix.

SLOWMO

You dont mix all three together. There is one nute for veg, one for flower, and one that can be used throughout the whole grow but I think is made for flower. I never mix more than two. They just call it the trio cause those are the only three nutes you will need for the whole grow, hopefully.

I think one N, one is P, one is K. Use as much as you want when you want of each. It gives you more control.

wow, thnx for the overwhelming responses ppl. Seems there are a ton of diff opinions out there concerning this subject. I think that after reading these posts, I am swayed to do as slowmo had and re-use my soil, beings that already have a huge surplus of MG right now, and it seems a shame to just throw it out if it's reusable. This is recycling and more cost efficient. So I have my soil outside ih buckets with drainage holes right now, as it is raining a deluge outside. How long should I let 5 gal. buckets of soil sit in a heavy rain before its fully flushed, and is there a problem with flushing old soil in this manner?

unless its rains pretty hard i don't think it will do a good flush. it will take 15 gallons of water to flush a 5 gallon pot of soil.

also if you plan to recycle your soil there may be a few things you wanna add to it before you use it. i add composted cow poo, wormcasting, perlite and a bit of lime.. the amount to add depends on how much soil your using. i like to keep it light. there are alot of good soil mixes that other members use. do a search and im sure you'll find lots of good info. good luck

maineharvest said:
SLOWMO

You dont mix all three together. There is one nute for veg, one for flower, and one that can be used throughout the whole grow but I think is made for flower. I never mix more than two. They just call it the trio cause those are the only three nutes you will need for the whole grow, hopefully.

thanks maine. i don't think you understand what im askin. i know you usedifferent nutes for veg and flower. however in alot of threads you'll see people say they this nute, this nute and this nute for veg and this, this and this for flowering. why not just buy 1 nute for veg and 1 for flowering?

in hydro i understand why you have so many but in soil it puzzles me.

ok, so if I flush with my garden hose, how long do I have to let it sit/dry and will all the chlorine evaporate? I suppose I should buy a soil PH meter if I'm gonna grow in dirt too ehh?

slowmo77 said:

Hi Guys,
Here's my 2 cents worth. I've used Fox Farm and like them, they work very well. I now use mainly Advanced Nutrients -the all organic ones. I don't want chemicals in my buds. The reason you don't mix them in all at once is very simple. The plant needs different nutrients at different stages of growth. In veg stage the plants needs higher nitrogen, but it doesn't need it in the flower stage though I tend to give it a little when I first switch over. Plants need phosphorous in the flower stage. If you mix your nutes you're giving them the wrong nutes at these stages. Advanced Nutrients and FF are made for growing weed and since they are the nute ratio is optimum. Yes you can grow with about anything but I'd rather spend a bit more and get bigger, tastier buds. The same works for anything you grow. I say dress for success and use the best you can afford. FF and others have taken the guess work out for newer growers and you'll get faster/bigger results with less chance of srewing up. If you READ up on nutes and how they affect flowering/veg growth you will understand this better. ...Good luck all. :p

PS. Here's a link to the company I use and love...

hxxp://www.discountadvancednutrients.com/

i bought all of foxfarms nutes and soil--the instructions tell you less is more--and every other watering--i am older and maybe have more dough to spend on stuff---andy 52 is right-it is the grower---my personal take on mixing the nutes is to make one gallon of each following the chart--i then mix it into thirds or fourths depending on the week--early on you just use one nute--
the first nute you use is suppose to be totally cool for roots so it shouldnot burn up seedlings--over watering is -i think- the most common mistake--
i burned 6 males at my dump yesterday in the snow-it was a great funeral pyre for the bums--i have some good pics of them going up in smoke 1/2 mile from my females---i have 3 females in my growroom--an 8 bulb sunleaves blooming system--my females take up the whole room and are bushing and trying to reach the light-i am very happy with the foxfarm so far so good---
of course i have no other data using other nutes--for a comparison--i look at it like it takes too much time and is too big a risk for me not to try and maximize my yield--having my own supply and pefecting my techniques is what makes this a great hobby---so i have 5-6 more weeks before my planned harvest-i have 8 plants of a different strain just out of germination in my veg room-great way to spend the winter-i have major flowering going on now and am delighted every morning with the progress--you old timers are so lucky to have so many years of enjoying this great experience---andy 52 -i guess i am now the colonel 51--birthday on the 17th-

thanks newgirl. i wouldn't had know all that information had not shared it with me. ;)

im pretty sure i understand how the nutes work with the veg and flowerin. thats not what im asking.... i don't feel like tryin to explain it right now.. im havin a bad weekend... tryin to move and then broke my hand.. sucks

Latest posts

Back