whats up with my babies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancerjay

Reaction score
hi all,
im on my first grow and am chuffed ive got as far as i have.
im into 8 weeks flowering and i recently got a bit of nute burn but have flushed enough for it to be all gone now,
but with that my plants just dont seem to look right, am i being paranoid or can tell me if there is something wrong.
im using 400w hid light and have 3 babies growing
please help cant loose them at this stage.
ooo and could anyone tell me if it would be ok for these to be forced now on 8 hours or have i still got ages to go
not sure what they are a freind just gave me a handfull of seeds :)

031909115012.jpg

weed2.jpg

weed3.jpg

lancerjay said:
hi all,
im on my first grow and am chuffed ive got as far as i have.
im into 8 weeks flowering and i recently got a bit of nute burn but have flushed enough for it to be all gone now,
but with that my plants just dont seem to look right, am i being paranoid or can tell me if there is something wrong.
im using 400w hid light and have 3 babies growing
please help cant loose them at this stage.
ooo and could anyone tell me if it would be ok for these to be forced now on 8 hours or have i still got ages to go
not sure what they are a freind just gave me a handfull of seeds :)

hello and :yay:eek:n getting this far
i cannot really see alot from them pics ,,anychance you could get clearer ones ?
what colour are the trichs ,after 8 weeks in flower
and why do you want to force them into 8 hrs :confused:i keep mine on 12/12 till harvest

goodluck:peace:

thanks for looking fella
the trichs are still clear, ill try and get some better pics on here later.
they just dont look right as the is no cola on top
i was told to put them onto 8 hours for a faster turn around, as im getting inpatiant, and need some smoke quick but the next batch will be on 12 hours iin flowering full term

sounds as tho you dont have the flower cycle right..aren you running 8hrs lights on? flower needs 12 hrs lights on and 12 off..I am sorry but i dont see any trichs at all and for 8 weeks in flower..something is way wrong here..mare info is needed for me to help..but im thinking you have the wrong light cycle..good luck my friend

First, go to this link, and copy and paste the questions into this thread and provide the answers, this will help us help you, anyways, here's the link: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25182

Oh and forcing them into only 8 hours won't help anything, rather it'll slow you down even more, unless you have some very advanced growing equipment and techniques, and well, no ofvfense, but Im sure you don't.

I would buy some quality seeds for my next grow and do some good research while you wait for them to come. You can only get better from here my man!

Actually, order those seeds now and start researching, because this grow is probably gonna get you nothing.

lancerjay said:
thanks for looking fella
the trichs are still clear, ill try and get some better pics on here later.
they just dont look right as the is no cola on top
i was told to put them onto 8 hours for a faster turn around, as im getting inpatiant, and need some smoke quick but the next batch will be on 12 hours iin flowering full term

UKgirl420 :p

i agree with 4u ,,and blanco lighter your lighting is off ,,give em the 12 hrs they deserve ,,8 hrs will not speed things up 4 you :peace:

i had my lights on 12/12 then at the 6 week point i read to put the lights to 10/14 and it would force them,
im still really green to this but am learning by the day and i love it,
is it safe then to put the lights back to 12/12? im really worried about them
the growth seems to have slown down but there are trichs there, ill get some better pics

well u aint got nothing to lose by going back to 12 /12

and just think next grow how much you would of learnt on this one
things can only get better :peace:

Two things come to mind looking at those pictures. First it definitely looks like a sativa dominate strain that may take 12 weeks or more. Waiting a few more weeks might be a good idea. The second thing is the temperature, I don't know why but they look hot. What kind of venting do you have? What's the average temp in the grow area? High temps can reduce budding significantly.

ive got them in a cupboard which has 2 air bricks at the bottom and i have only just added a fan and had to put it at the bottom near the air brick i thought it would draw new air in ive tried it above them but the temp rockets, i thought they were sativas but werent to sure i have an indica growing which mmm seems okish, possibly i over water loving them to much maybe!!
ive just gone and put my timer back to 12/12 like you say what have i to loose now

Sorry, but, IMO, something is really wrong with your girls. Even if you had a 100% Sativa (which you don't, the leaves are too fat), I believe that you should have far more bud development for 8 weeks of flowering. How far are your lights away from your plant? What kind of HID is it? Do you have any light leaks? How big is your space? It just looks like it is still in veg mode to me...

not sure what hid it is it was given to me i know its 400w sorry
they ahve got a lot of flowers on and it is producing trichs,
the light is about 18 inches from the top of the plant,
they 2 sativas i have are 4 foot tall, grrr and i thought i was doing ok but its much harder than i thought
thanks for all your help guys :)

Any idea how old your light is?

Your bulb may be too old to be sufficiently effective.

:peace:

Do you know if it stays totally dark once the lights are off? Did you mention nutes? I don't recall. The plants look confused about flowering or vegging.

im pretty sure its dark in there, yeah i did get nute burn and have been flushin so that should be ok

420benny said:
Do you know if it stays totally dark once the lights are off? Did you mention nutes? I don't recall. The plants look confused about flowering or vegging.

:yeahthat:

Also, do you have a space sectioned off that is your flowering space? How large is this? Make sure that your HID is not a mercury vapor light.

lancerjay said:
im pretty sure its dark in there, yeah i did get nute burn and have been flushin so that should be ok
It's worth being sure about darkness. Wait until the lights go off and be in the room once it's closed up and look for light leaks. Leave any lights in adjacent rooms/areas ON for this test.You may be surprised. It could mean the difference between smiling and frowning at harvest time.

The pertinent things seem to have been mentioned:

How old is your light bulb? Lights degrade by about 15% per cycle, after 1 cycle you have an 85% bulb, 2 cycles 72.25% and so on...

Is your Bulb HPS? (high pressure sodium) HPS provides the red spectrum that simulates fall light, fall is when plants produce flowers

Air cool your lights, then you can get the lights closer to your plants. The pictures look like they want more light. They look like they are stretching a bit

Room temperature should be at 76 degrees Fahrenheit with a fan producing a slight breeze. Any hotter will impede their growth.

PH should be at 7.6 MJ likes a slightly acidic environment to grow properly

Humidity also should be 76% or better, the numbers 76 and 7.6 are one of the keys to growing

Go 12/12 and stay there to 12 weeks, you have a very Hindu/Kush strain there and they take longer to flower

Be patient, don't give up, keep your room cool, and show them some love, you are not at a point of loss just be diligent

Latest posts

Back