what's up with this plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Capt. Trips

my friend is growing one plant(early misty) and he said he gave it a little shake and a cloud of pollen/dust came off of it. i have no pics, but i'll tell you what i can. about 18 inches tall and covered with white hairs. maybe 2 weeks into flowering. it sits in a spare room and gets just sunlight. he said it has a bunch of little buds forming. i asked if it had any pollen/ball sacks and he said no. could this be a hermie or a genic freak? i'll try to get pics if i can and find out mor.

thanks opencountry, i'll ask him tonight at work about the color. i hope not, but this was just a trial to see what the bud was like. i hope it's not the strain either, i ordered the early misty and some skunk redhair from amsterdamseedbank. they don't tell you the breeder, so i don't know how good there genetics are.

If it is pollen, the hermie will give birth too. Please, do not keep or distribute the seeds. Hermies are pretty tough to make, but we all have to do our part to keep up our vigilant immediate destruction of them. Your gonna have to make an honest attempt to clean up where it was too...or it's pollen can come back to haunt you on any new grows.

elephant man, if is hermie i'll tell him to destroy them. he wants to do an out door grow this summer. this was just to try the bud out for some winter smoke. we live in a small town, so finding anything but low grade seedy stuff is hard at times. if it's a hermie, we'll destroy the seeds.

I think if its an early strain it could easily be a hermie, seen lots with early strain type f2s

hey stan, i found out tonight it's a hermie. yellow pollen and seeds starting to form on the lower buds. i hope it's not strain related because i have about 15 seeds left. when i deciede to grow these, i'll keep a close eye on them and maybe stay away from the early strains if they hermie easy. oh well, i have 10 other strains to pick from right now, so i might just do these as an outdoor grow.

Alot has to happen for a plant to go hermie, unless they were so called feminized seeds, then they have a possibility to go hermie depending on how they feminized the seeds.

Stressing is the main cause of hermies, be it water too much or too little, temperature, too many neuts, too little neuts, light cycles, slapping the plant around to strenghthen the stalk. Not sayin that a grow area need to be perfect just kept in controll.

So it could of been one of a million reasons why it went hermie.

Anyway I would try another seed(s) and try to keep theese things in check. There is a post here about upping your percentages of females from seed. I don't remember where it is but EM might.

Latest posts

Back