when exactly does vegging start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemp319

Reaction score
My plants are entering third week. How can I tell when the vegging cycle officially starts and do I reduce the 24hr lighting I currently have them on?

If you see leaves its in veg. Little white hair mean Flowering has started.

hemp319 said:
My plants are entering third week. How can I tell when the vegging cycle officially starts and do I reduce the 24hr lighting I currently have them on?
Here are the stages of growth:

1. Germination

This is from the time your seed is given conditions that make it sprout until it becomes a seedling.

2. Seedling

This stage is from the first point at which the germinated seed sprout breaks the surface and requires light to grow further.

3. Vegetative

This is the point at which the plant has started growth as a result of water, light and nutrients other than those supplied within the seed. At that point, it's "A seedling in vegetative growth".

4. Maturity

The point at which the plant reaches it's sexual maturity. This is shown in marijuana by the appearance of "Pre-Flowering Growth" that will enable it's identification as male or female.

5. Flowering

The point at which the plant starts growing flowers as a result of conditions pre-set in it's own genetics. This can be an aging factor as with auto-flowering plants or as a result of diminishing length of daylight hours within each 24 hour period.

6. End Life Resin and Mature Flowering

This is near the end of the plants life if conditions stay equal to natural stages of life. The plant will attempt to grow seeds and in the absence of pollen, will mimic seed growth by expanding it's calyxes and filling them with resin. The plant will look very similar to that of a fully seeded plant, but each calyx will be filled to capacity with thc laden resin. The flower buds will enlarge with this growth and appear larger than at earlier flowering stages. In the final stages of growth, the plant will stop producing resins and start wilting. At this point, the thc has either diminished in production or almost stopped. The plant will die shortly after this point if no existing factors change in it's environment.

Latest posts

Back