when to start feeding nutrients?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruufuus

novice ethnobotanist
Reaction score
hey guys, my sprouts have rooted through they're rock wool cubes (the small ones) and i have transplanted them into 6" pots with coco. my question is, when should i start giving them nutes with they're waterings? and while on that topic, would it be acceptable to mix nutes in a phd 5g bucket to store for feedings? or should i only mix what i need for each watering? and furthermore, when would be a good time to bust out the 150w HPS as i am currently only using 52 watts of cfl.

I look forward to hearing back from you all
CHEERS!

I save my nute mix for upto a week..I mix 5 gallons at a time..But I have a lot of plants..allways mix the nutes...then PH the solution..as for feed start..when the cadelon(sp) turns yellow..useually around week 3:aok:

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

4u2sm0ke said:
I save my nute mix for upto a week..I mix 5 gallons at a time..But I have a lot of plants..allways mix the nutes...then PH the solution..as for feed start..when the cadelon(sp) turns yellow..useually around week 3:aok:

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

excellent thanks! any advice on the lighting?

ruufuus said:
and furthermore, when would be a good time to bust out the 150w HPS as i am currently only using 52 watts of cfl.

I look forward to hearing back from you all
CHEERS!
this =]

I think that 3 weeks on the HPS would be fine too...the little ones dont need such the light...what strain is this ruufuus?

:48:

have grandaddy purple, vanilla kush, and some random beefy lookin bag seed. ill start a grow journal once i get my hands on a digital camera.

Yeah sprouts love cool cfl light and vegging plants to too,
but once they get to a point where theyre looking more sturdy
and have a slightly thicker stem I would introduce the hps. jmo
but listen to 4u2smoke hes a vet.

definitely post some pictures, I want to see how you are containing
your light source as well

thedon

For lighting, it depends on how big you want them to get and how much vegging yu intend to do before flipping to flowering light. The 55watt light is fine for starting clones or seedlings but If you want to veg them for a couple weeks (or if they are from seed they should be vegged until they are close to maturity, about 4-6 weeks) then you will need more of the bright white light in the 6500K spectrum (3000 lumens per sq ft of vegging space) so that they will grow healthy. Growing just under hps can be done but the plants don't grow as healthy. :)

Latest posts

Back