which promix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grower13

Reaction score
very hard to find soil in my area suited for mj growing......... finally there is a promix dealer in my area........ which one or ones should I be looking to get?

dont ya have any garden nurseries?...most stock they own organic mixes...as for your question..I think they at promix3 now.....someone will help soon...nice to see ya again my friend...Happy growing

:48:

4u2sm0ke said:
dont ya have any garden nurseries?...most stock they own organic mixes...as for your question..I think they at promix3 now.....someone will help soon...nice to see ya again my friend...Happy growing

:48:

most of the local organic mixes in my area has way to much pine in it for me....... glad you are doing well my friend......happy growing to you too.

I am not an accomplished "soil" grower but I personally wouldn't use the Promix as it is mostly sphagnum peat(75-85%) with other stuff thrown in. If you can order stuff online and have it shipped to you, you will have a wider set of options to meet what grow method you choose. Here is one of the stores that I order from very regular and have it shipped right to my door: hxxp://www.discount-hydro.com/sunshine-advanced-rain-forest-2cf/ :)
That is the mix that I would start with if I was growing organicaly. It has a better blend of ammendments.

I know a lot of people are learry of ordering online and having stuff shipped but this time of the year there are sooo many people ordering and having grow stuff shipped to their door for "legal" growing that it would be nearly impossible to LEO to try to follow orders to people growing "evil weeds" :)

I am using promix bx for my first time and so far i am liking it alot..
However keep in mind that Promix is inert meaning theres no amendments other than sphagnum peat, perlite, vermiculite, and lime for ph...So unlike ffof or roots soil you have to feed your plants every 7 days or you get deficiencies..Awsome for organics though.. Good luck

Thanks yall........ gald your still around hushpuppy........ tokeymc...... I ain't scared to feed them. :D

TokeyMc.... did you add anything to begin with or did you just use it as is.

I use promix. I switched from FFOF because I didn't likr the way FFOF compacts, and I didn't like the fact that it was pre-nuted, and because some of the most successful dirt growers use promix. I have used it with and without amendments -- I like it much better w some added. I use blood meal, bone meal, bat guano, Great White, lime and a few drops of sweat as I mix all that together. I don't add anything else until the plants are ready to transplant (unless some deficiency shows) and then I use GH 3 part chemical nutes to flower them out. I add some Cha Ching late in flower, and I am truly pleased with the results -- so are friends and family. I have always wanted to grow organically, but I'm experiencing such great success the way I'm doing things, I'm kind of afraid to switch things around....

Promix is the bomb.

Good luck, my friend

Peace

As far as feeding them.. Its says on the bag to feed within 7 days.. I always use bigbloom @ 1tsp per gal when i transplant seedlings or cuts.. Then slowly build on that...Even if you use a different type of fertilizer Bigbloom is like an organic tea.. Helps on all levels....

I'm going to be using GH 3 part........ got plenty of cal/mag on hand....... I'm gonna read up on that big bloom....... Hemperfi... finding non nuted soil has been all but impossible for me to find until today.:woohoo:

I believe it's a real nice thing having control over the nutes. With GH 3 part you know exactly what they are getting. As long as your ventilation and lighting are under control you will reap a great harvest.

I'm a little concerned about my new water supply. I no longer have the lake water to just dip out and use. I'm in a house now and on city water. I know to let it sit for a day or so, and I haven't PHed it yet, but I have a fairly large soft water conditioner hooked into the system, and I wonder if the plants will appreciate the soft water?

What do you think?

Peace

Soft water systems sometimes leave traces of salt behind in the water...You may see a quicker build up and have to flush/water more often...

HemperFi said:
I believe it's a real nice thing having control over the nutes. With GH 3 part you know exactly what they are getting. As long as your ventilation and lighting are under control you will reap a great harvest.

I'm a little concerned about my new water supply. I no longer have the lake water to just dip out and use. I'm in a house now and on city water. I know to let it sit for a day or so, and I haven't PHed it yet, but I have a fairly large soft water conditioner hooked into the system, and I wonder if the plants will appreciate the soft water?

What do you think?

Peace

Hemper, most water conditioning systems are set up so that the outside hose bibs are not run through the conditioner. The kitchen sink cold is also commonly left hard. I realize that this is a double wide, but it costs a lot to soften outside water and plants do not like it much. So if you have hosebibs, they might be plumbed with hard water.

YES, there is a hose just outside the door :)

TY Goddess

Peace

There all somewhat the same. I used the BX version for years. In organic amendments and GH 2 part(micro/bloom) with it. No matter what soil you buy. I suggest fine ground dolomite lime at 1cup per cubic foot ratio be used. You will thank me later :)

nouvellechef said:
There all somewhat the same. I used the BX version for years. In organic amendments and GH 2 part(micro/bloom) with it. No matter what soil you buy. I suggest fine ground dolomite lime at 1cup per cubic foot ratio be used. You will thank me later :)

thanks

I bought a bale of the bx yesterday........ first thing I did was add lime to it this afternoon when I was getting some of it ready for the plants. had to get new battries for the ph meter....... ordered a back up 600 watt light system and a back up fan and carbon filter.......... dang it's tough getting back up and running after being down for a year or so.:farm:

nouvellechef said:

are you growing organic til flower...... then using micro and bloom?

Grower13 said:
are you growing organic til flower...... then using micro and bloom?

No. Was using straight organic amendments with Pro-mix. Got bored mixing soils. Switched to Pro-mix w/ GH 2 part, micro and bloom.

nouvellechef said:
No. Was using straight organic amendments with Pro-mix. Got bored mixing soils. Switched to Pro-mix w/ GH 2 part, micro and bloom.

What did you use instead of grow?

You don't need grow. Micro can easily carry the Nitrogen amounts.

Latest posts

Back