WhiteWhito, where are the white crystals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tito13

Reaction score
Hi, this is WW from dispensary, its on its 44th day of flowering, i thought it would be covered in white by now???? Its nice size , smells fruity, has small crystals right now. Are all ww the same????

6week.jpg

You could have been sold a clone that wasnt WW. Ive heard some of the clubs buy from local growers and take their word on what they are buying. So one of their farmers could say they are WW clones when they are really something else.

There is a lot of guys on here that buy from the clubs so they will def be able to help you more.

I read this little bit on Attitude's site about white widow...

It's suggested to flower (12 hour light) this marijuana variety for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. Try to turn the lights off altogether the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle- or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from re-growth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower!

I hope it helps you :)

Warfish

There are several different WW these days now to, hack breeders taking the originals and doing their own breedings, and then selling seeds. Alot depends on your lighting to...if your not running sufficient light, trics may not be as abundant. what are you using?, and like mainharvest said...you are going on the word of the dispensary, and the grower that brought in the clone. I've read the same thing about the dispensaries.

I think the "white" in white widow isn't all that it's cracked up to be, there are plenty of frostier strains. It's definately trich loaded, strong stuff, I've seen resin, actual resin oozing from my widow buds in bloom (anyone else ever seen this?) definately world class stuff, I've seen some musky, some fruity, but always funky dank dense and nice yeilds. Enjoy her, if done right you get some great weed.

warfish said:
I read this little bit on Attitude's site about white widow...

It's suggested to flower (12 hour light) this marijuana variety for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. Try to turn the lights off altogether the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle- or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from re-growth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower!

I hope it helps you :)

Warfish

if you did that you might wind up finding male pollen sacs on her that have opened.... that's the first i've ever heard about turning the lights off all together.... sounds a bit iffy to me....

Raisin Jackson said:
I think the "white" in white widow isn't all that it's cracked up to be, there are plenty of frostier strains. It's definately trich loaded, strong stuff, I've seen resin, actual resin oozing from my widow buds in bloom (anyone else ever seen this?) definately world class stuff, I've seen some musky, some fruity, but always funky dank dense and nice yeilds. Enjoy her, if done right you get some great weed.

that all depends on which WW you grow....

My buddy grew some WW, I don't know who's genetics, but I was not impressed at all, and I also smoked some white lady (ww/kush) that was way overpriced, taste was great but the buzz was just not there. These 2 circumstances have kind of scared me away from growing any of the White strains...which sucks because I know some of them have to be good, or so many people would not be growing them.

As far as turning off the lights for the last 2 weeks, it sounds like a good way to kill your plants, or like flesh said freak them out into hermi-ing. I have heard also to go total dark the last 3 days for crystal formation, but I don't believe it...I think you would only be screwing yourself out of 3 days of growth...JMO

Well, ill just wait 8 or 9 weeks see what happens. Im in 11light/13dark. I veged at 18/6. the other plants are growing fine, afgha kush, bubba kush look fine, medium in size but fine. If this is not ww, what can it be, its been 6 full weeks, its bigger than the others, has more orange hairs, sativa for sure, fruity, trichs are very clear, just checked with 30x scope. Can it be WW without white crystals. I mean i got the kushes from their too, and they are what they said they are. Anyhow, thanks.

44th day of flower? if its ww i think thats a 10+wk strain.. in myy short experience with long flowering sativas i have found that they pack on the trichomes in the last couple of weeks..

i grew nirvana ww from seed, done in 8.5 weeks. some of the best i ever smoked. low yielding...

fleshstain, i go dark last 72 hours before chop. have done this several times. somebody else can prolly explain the why of this better than i can right now, cause i'm baked...

IRISH.... i've heard of people going from 24-72 hours of total darkness at the end of harvest.... but that said for the final 2 weeks.... that's the first i've heard of that long of a total dark period....

Yo Ho Guys,

Hey did any of you ever see a plant that got put into total darkness before ? They never look healthy to me.

Now to my way of thinking LIGHT, proper medium, and water, and a good temp, and your off and growing. The trick is pulling it all together in proportions that your baby can thrive in.

To get that higher yield of goodness from baby takes good strains with great genetics, everything fine tuned just for that babies likes. Then if you can dance the edge real smooth like without roasting your lady then, and only then will you start to get what you see in the pics.

It's an illusive chase, one that we are all going after constantly. In fact half the reason we come looking in here, is for that extra little something that just might make the difference. For me I just stay patient, and do read a lot.

Good Luck, and let's get frosty

smoke in peace
KK :cool:

HI,

I think you more than likely got ahold of a pheno that isn't as dank as WW usually is. I have a WW pheno from highgradeseeds I got from a friend of a friend and it turned out very nice but it's not nearly as dank as a Dutch seedbank WW I grew for several years around 2004 but it is a VERY heavy pheno.... I pulled in 7.7 oz in a 10 gal and it's some very smooth and tasty smoke with a nice sativa leaning buzz. I almost wonder if the dude that grew this pheno from seed screwed up with his labelling and just maybe it's a different strain entirely. Not to dis the seedbank... I got two other clone phenos from him, Poison Afghan and Avalanche, that are also from highgradeseeds.com and they are both my current faves out of about a dozen strains I have in my grow.

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back