who likes to fish?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankcos

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you are avid fisherman and woman? Besides weed, my next favorite hobby is fishing. I love a beautiful day out on the lake fishing with good friends and good weed. Sometimes we catch nothing but a buzz, but we always have a good time. Around here we ice fish when its frozen but its nothing like spring time bass fishing and pulling in native trout from the banks of the river. I think Im getting spring fever.... What do you like to fish for?

oh ya i love to fish, its gettin close to hybrid time around here and i can't wait.. the rivers fill up with huge striped bass.

You gotta catch one before you can catch one!! I spend a lot of time out on my little fishing boat, its a Crestliner Super Seaman, LOL. I've been running a 1960 3hp Johnson outboard, but got a 1977 15hp Sears Gamefisher that I rebuilt over the winter and cant wait to get back out there. There's a 45inch northern pike that got away from me when my knot came untied last summer, that never happened to me before so changed my knot. I live about 100 yards from the Co river but I grew up in Wisconsin so I'm not a big river fisherman.

Oh yeah. Then BBQ by the riverside here in WA. Steelhead is my thing.

I love to fish! Around here it's walley, small/large mouth bass and trout. I'm not much for ice fishing ( i hate being cold ), but as soon as its warmer than 50 degrees outside, you will see me in the river or hitting up any pond i see on my way home for work. Yes, i drive around with a fishing pole in my truck. hahaha

Frankcos is fishing now lol on my local canal i fish 4 carp and pike when i get home in abit il put up a pic of a little jack i got bout a hour ago nothing like spining when ya heads spining lol i can walk for miles pikeing but im to lazy to walk shop haha

Where I live in Florida, it's a fisherman's paradise.

Fresh water river fishing, pond and lake fishing.

Salt water Blue water fishing, surf fishing, inlet fishing and intra-coastal waters fishing.

My personal favorite is the Southern King Fish, AKA; "Whiting" that is a small one pound fish caught in the surf at dawn. The meat is white, flaky and mildly sweet tasting. I eat it as sushi, baked, fried and stewed.

Lots of both fresh water and salt water species here.

All ya gotta do is make sure a moccasin or gator isn't going to bite you on the butt and you're good to go here.

Fishing is AWESOME!! Love to fish, I actually "of all things" grew up fly fishing around the sierras. Both of my parents were guides, who both went on to multiple salt water world records. I haven't been fly fishing in years now though, but many fond child hood memories of catching brookies and monster cutthroats on my fly rod.

Mostly fish the ocean now, but I have a couple of really nice river systems around me as well.

StoneyBud said:
My personal favorite is the Southern King Fish, AKA; "Whiting" that is a small one pound fish caught in the surf at dawn. The meat is white, flaky and mildly sweet tasting. I eat it as sushi, baked, fried and stewed.
Never had that, I love sushi and will try anything, So far my fav is jackfish.

nova564t said:
Never had that, I love sushi and will try anything, So far my fav is jackfish.

It's a surf catch at dawn, using a long shank #6 chrome with a 1/4" of fresh dead shrimp as bait. Toss it at about 100 feet from the beach and work it in medium fast. Set the hook at the first nibble, as they are one of the best bait stealer's in the world of fish.

I have my own sushi freezer, so I clean em, wrap the fillets in cellophane with no air bubbles and freeze it at -25F for 10 days. Then it can be eaten safely as sushi.

Sauteed in butter and served with rice covered in a medium thick white pepper gravy and up side some Hoppin John and corn bread and I'm in heaven!

only thing better then fly fishing is SEX!!!!!....But with fishing you never know whats at end of ya line...

Fish ON!!!!!!!

:48:

here ya go only a baby but second of the year soon the big female's will come hehe pike 001.jpg

you think that stubby i got one on my phone from last week it got a good belly on it il see if i can load it up

here's the little fatty LOL28022011387.jpg

i would'nt dare eat anything out of where i fish in a couple year's time these fish will have 3 eye's and glow in the dark LOL

I'm lucky, the rivers and reservoirs around here are clean so I eat most of what I catch.

If it wasn't for the weekend rain we're getting I'ld be head to the trout streams for the weekend or longer. It's time to get outdoors and soak up some sun.

I'm with you 4U, I love fly fishing and tie my own flies. I have a jet powered kayak (Mokai), it goes anywhere and stable. Good on fuel, too. I went 20 miles up river and it only burned 3/4 gallons fuel.

I'm not much of a lake/river fisherman anymore, but there are some great spots around here to get nice rainbows and browns, or even kokanee.
For about the past 7 years or so I've turned my attention to pretty much just fishing for dungeness crab. Sweet, sweet dungeness crab....mmmm:aok:

Latest posts

Back