who likes to fish?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love Love Love to fish. I have so many fishing poles, LOL. I was learning to fly fish in Idaho but never got to get good at it. I'm looking now for sport fish to stock my pond (hatcheries). I love to fish anywhere, anytime. The first time I ocean fished was in Pugeot Sound. I caught a flounder. It was so ugly. I had never seen a fish like that before. flat with two eyes on one side. I thought the poor thing was deformed!:lmao: I will tell you it stunk horrible when I cleaned it but was SO delicious when I ate it!

I live to fish.. fly fish that is. Mostly fish for steelhead but will chase anything that swims. Hooked on tarpon couple years ago unreel.....
although the wife says how many rods does one person need???
Depends what you are fishing for:))) Niteshft would like to see that Kayak!!!
Jet powered??????

mrcane said:
Niteshft would like to see that Kayak!!!
Jet powered??????

Check out "mokai.com". There are some videos there as well. Lots of fun and it goes almost anywhere as it only needs a few inches of water. I could go on and on.

niteshft said:
Check out "mokai.com". There are some videos there as well. Lots of fun and it goes almost anywhere as it only needs a few inches of water. I could go on and on.

That is just about the coolest small craft I've ever seen! The only part I don't understand is why they made it so difficult to add oil. How often does adding oil happen, (Like how many hours of operation)?

Almost 20 mph. WOW! That would open up a LOT of fishing for me.

I see one of these in my future...maybe they'll have made the oil addition easier by the time I buy one.

I don't know about the oil thing, I have the older version with a honda engine and the oil gets changed as any small engine. It's easy to remove, just a lever that locks the engine and a couple of quick release for the fuel line and throtle and the engine lifts right out. Takes just a minute to install or remove.

ice off on the "crick"!! think I'll try 'n get some grandkids out to drown some worms this weekend ;)

Gone2pot! said:
Love Love Love to fish. I have so many fishing poles, LOL. I was learning to fly fish in Idaho but never got to get good at it. I'm looking now for sport fish to stock my pond (hatcheries). I love to fish anywhere, anytime. The first time I ocean fished was in Pugeot Sound. I caught a flounder. It was so ugly. I had never seen a fish like that before. flat with two eyes on one side. I thought the poor thing was deformed!:lmao: I will tell you it stunk horrible when I cleaned it but was SO delicious when I ate it!

Think a flounder is ugly? Wait till you see or catch a skate wing. Scary. But the best tempura fish you can buy.

I'm strictly a "fair-weather-fisherman". Now that it's back up in temps and the water temp is climbing again, it won't be long until I go to my favorite surf fishing spot and start catching some sushi!

Every year, the fish I catch save me a ton of money in sushi.

I've gotten real good at making my own. I have sushi pig-outs at home that cost me about $10 for what would be a $100 meal if I went out.

As soon as I buy my fermenting freezer, I'll start making my own sake too!

StoneyBud said:
I'm strictly a "fair-weather-fisherman". Now that it's back up in temps and the water temp is climbing again, it won't be long until I go to my favorite surf fishing spot and start catching some sushi!

Every year, the fish I catch save me a ton of money in sushi.

I've gotten real good at making my own. I have sushi pig-outs at home that cost me about $10 for what would be a $100 meal if I went out.

As soon as I buy my fermenting freezer, I'll start making my own sake too!

I've always been afraid to try using fresh caught for sushi- I don't know what to look for (or avoid). Though I have tried fresh caught tuna.

You're a brave man (or you know something I don't) Stoney!

BBFan said:
I've always been afraid to try using fresh caught for sushi- I don't know what to look for (or avoid). Though I have tried fresh caught tuna.

You're a brave man (or you know something I don't) Stoney!

There are two things that can harm you with fish; Bacteria and parasites.

You control the bacteria. Washing and rinsing a fish in a mild vinegar solution will wash most of the unknowns off the fish before you cut it.

Then, cleaning the fish in the utmost sanitary manner to end up with two fillets.

Then, rinse the fillets again under running water and wrap them with no air bubbles, in cellophane. Put them on a flat pan and freeze in a normal freezer until very firm. Then it can be stacked easily when you transfer it into a freezer like I have that gets below minus 4F and stays there. Mine holds at minus 25F to minus 35F. Hold the fish at that temperature for a minimum of 7 days. The fish is now free of bacteria and parasites. It's safe to eat raw after thawing it in ice water and will taste as fresh as when you caught it.

Bacteria grows mostly on the exterior of the fish. That's easy to control. The freezing kills all the parasites. I checked with the FDA and spoke with a senior FDA Scientist about it. He assured me if I did what I said above, that the fish would be safe to eat.

On large fish, you should not use the tail meat or the meat right next to the fins for eating raw. Those spots are prone to very high parasite infestations and while they would be dead if you followed my instructions, you would still be eating the dead carcasses of the parasites grouped there. Better to stick with the large "deep" layered meat in the fish. Much fewer parasites to none.

I have eaten fish right from the ocean, but I prefer to do the parasite freeze first.

Do a search for a freezer like this: EdgeStar freezer CMF151LSD

1.5 cu ft will hold about 5 pounds of raw fish that has been frozen like I said above.

Yall never caught nothin unless u caught a 50lb turtle...while your catfishin'...then brought em home

:rofl:

ture story :holysheep:

IMG_6209.jpg

IMG_6198.jpg

IMG_6193.jpg

IMG_6211.jpg

A little beer batter or some dredging in flour and/or cornmeal along with some hot oil and ALL those parasites and bacteria are of little to no concern... ;)

i use my grandpappy deep fryer. its a tad bit bigger than a granddaddy deep fryer. :hubba:

I got three poles in the water as we speak. I love to fish is an understatement!

caught one cat and a largemouth today- im pulling for a BIG cat!!!

dirtyolsouth said:
A little beer batter or some dredging in flour and/or cornmeal along with some hot oil and ALL those parasites and bacteria are of little to no concern... ;)

That's as true as it gets.

I love fish that way too.

Broiled, Boiled, Baked, Fried, Seared or raw. I'm good with any of em.

trillions of atoms said:
I got three poles in the water as we speak

Get those poles outta the water! You're only supposed to get the line and hook in the water! :D :p

My dad was an angler. He turned me onto fishing. Shoot a month after he passed I went and bought a I/O boat.? I sit on the water and talk to him a lot with a pole or 2 in the water for him. I was a boy scout. My dad was a scout leader. We did a lot of fun stuff in the short time, compared to others, i guess...Deep sea bass fishing as a kid....mmmmmm so much fun. Good times

*I miss u pops!

Latest posts

Back