Why is miracle grow so bad for your plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iClown

Stoned Indefinitly.
Reaction score
I have heard from some people it works good and others say never to use it, but I used it for like 8weeks and it seemed to be working great but in the last week or 2 my plants leaves are turning yellowish and the leaves are looking limp? anyone know why this is? they are about 12 inches , 9 weeks old, random bag seeds, under 3 floresent 60 watt lights

:eek: You have any photos? Are they soaking in water? Do they have good drainage? Or do they need a bigger pot? More nitrogen??? Gosh, there's a bunch of things it could be...
Way back in the beginning of time I had pretty good luck with Miracle Grow...
fertilizer... but I have friends who burned up their girls... it is a dangerous fertilizer. Easy to overdose. :eek: There are plenty of other choices for ferts that are user friendly. Take care... Good luck.

Well MG puts lots of time released nutrients into there soil which is good for flowers but not so good for weeds... You see you loose control over your plant with MG... If i were you i would flush with water and just water with plain ol 5.8 ph water till the new growth looks green.. But it could also be other problems, over neuting, PH, temps....... We just need moor info bro..

Why is miracle grow so bad for your plants?

Is not!, its just a soil not intended for begginers and it doesnt have the best of qualuities for MJ, but ITS NOT bad for your plants, some will swear by it from seed to harvest. I have been seeing people here trash MG for a while now but it seems to be mostly from inexperienced growers that cant figure out why their plants are going bad and they blame the MG soil first without any real proof, so when it comes to MG soil, just experiment with it and see what results you get..:aok:

well said Firepower. i love MG soils and nutes, but it takes time, making tons of mistakes and the willingness to lose a few plants to find the proper balance. i rarely recommend it to beginners simply because it's so easy to mess it up.

stay green,
MamaG

I've been using MG and it does good for a while but for me the older the plants in it gets the worse they look, i agree with firepower its not good for rookies like myself, to much stuff already in the soil for my taste right now. when i can get it right with plain soil then i'll try it again just to figure out how to grow in it then when i figure that out on to hydro. good luck and if its working for you or someone you know don't worry about what others say. different strokes for different folks.

Well IMO MG needs to look at their quality controll a little closer...because it's a crap shoot when using it some bags you get are fine and others are "HOT" while others are "WEAK".... I worked in the fert and soil industry for a while and have seen how they bag that junk and there's not any real control over what you get...I made the mistake in using it and it BURNED my little girl up...OH it did fine for about 2 months then the time release "JUNK" they put in it took over and has put a hurt on her real bad but all i can do is flush and wait to see what happens....well take care and have fun...

I grew in MG soil and it wasn't too bad. I am sure someone already mentioned that you must be very light on the nutes if you are going to use the time release soil. Me personally, I prefer Fox Farm now and think it is well worth the $25 per bag. The root growth is amazing in FF soil and the plants grow on.

Latest posts

Back