Will my sea of green work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computer07

Reaction score
My setup is a 4'x4' plywood box with reflective insides. I will be using a 400w HPS and a bat style reflective hood.
My soil is 1/3 organic potting soil, 1/3 perlite, and 1/3 peat moss.

I have 20, 6in tall containers with 4in diameters. Im looking to do a SOG type grow, this is my first one so i just want to make sure ive got everything right.

iv started some seeds in a wet napkin and pute them in a plastic baggy the sun light from a window keeps the bag humid so the seeds start great iv got about 4 or 5 in peet cups that are about 2 'to 3" in toll

well said buddy, thats only about 2500 lumens a sq ft half of the minimum, your plants may seem as if they arent growing fast, you really should bump up to a 600w or 1000w, trust me, after a 1000w is in your box, you wont be going back to anything else.

keep it cool tho mang! good luck

What kind of seed are you using? You're gonna get rootbound real quick if those are anything but autoflowering plants in those small containers. Even If those are autoflowering plants, those containers are pretty small and gonna cut down on your yield IMO. You could comfortably fit 20 1 gallon containers, 6 inches across the top, in that space, with plenty of room to spare, and your plants would thank you for the root room. You can get em dirt cheap at any greenhouse.

Also in a 4x4 box, you're treading the line between oven and growbox with a bat style reflector. You may get off alright if you have a very high air exchange rate in that box, but it'll be risky. An air cooled reflector is gonna prevent any heat issues you very well may end up having.

Don't mean to pick ya apart man, just tryin to help! Wish ya the best of luck!

This is all good stuff here.
I'm thinking not enough light, to small on your pot size, and the heat issue of course.
If you can't fit a bigger container, at least 1 gallon, I would cut back a few plants.
Same if you can't get another light... I would cut back and lower the light so it's a smaller area.
It sounds awesome and I wish you had pics, but if you don't know your strain... I would be rather worried there. If you were to get a sativa or sativa mix, well....
Anymore information or pics would be fantastic but either way....
Good luck and good smoke

I think he's saying he just uses the sun's ambient warmth to heat the baggy he keeps his paper towel in to germ.....I thought seeds liked the dark to germ?

these are examples

DSCF3185.JPG

DSCF3186.JPG

DSCF3181.JPG

Latest posts

Back