Wilted plants =/

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icex420

Smokaturkey
Reaction score
:cool: Ok, well i dont have pictures. But i have a simple question...

My plants are 3 weeks old. Never wilted on me. I DID switch the lighting (i took about 1/3 of thier lighting away.) In about 2 hours both of my larger plants started to wilt. Not horribly. But noticeable. Now, I water my plants once a day allmost. Maybe once every other day. so that cannot be the problem. What the heck could be the problem??? I hope my plants dont look worse in the morning...

I know what you guys are going to say. We need pictures. Well, i dont have any.. So im sorry. Im just wondering as to why my plants are withering a little... I did nothing weird to them today. Nothing out of the ordinary aka nutes water (overwater or under) or smaking them around. (i know thats horrible =) )

***?!?! :confused: :cool:

I water my plants once a day allmost

that sounds like your problem right there. I water my plants once a week, maybe twice. Go by weight of the pot, its probably the easiest....

for instance, feel the weight of your pot after you water it... and then let it dry out pretty much completely, then pick it up again....you WILL notice a difference in the weight. It will get lighter the drier it gets...

MJ likes its soil dry, The other thing to consider is how MUCH your are watering.... you should not water until waterlogged, it doesnt allow for oxygen to the root system, and will cause wilting, and probably stunt growth as well....

just a question, why did you remove lighting? are you still within your 3K-5K Lumens sq\ft?

Hope this helps....

New_2_Chronic said:
that sounds like your problem right there. I water my plants once a week, maybe twice. Go by weight of the pot, its probably the easiest....

for instance, feel the weight of your pot after you water it... and then let it dry out pretty much completely, then pick it up again....you WILL notice a difference in the weight. It will get lighter the drier it gets...

MJ likes its soil dry, The other thing to consider is how MUCH your are watering.... you should not water until waterlogged, it doesnt allow for oxygen to the root system, and will cause wilting, and probably stunt growth as well....

just a question, why did you remove lighting? are you still within your 3K-5K Lumens sq\ft?

Hope this helps....

Well, its not tha watering. I watered after they began to wither, about an hour after they wilted. Hence how watering could not be the problem. Thanks though.

then they may be reacting to the loss of lighting....but IMO you watering waaay to much.....

how many lumens per square foot do you have?

Icex420 said:
I know what you guys are going to say. We need pictures. Well, i dont have any.. So im sorry.

Well if you want something more than just guesses, you need to fix that :)

In the mean time, check this out and see if you can troubleshoot your problem:

hxxp://www.marijuana-seeds.net/Thanks/ThankYou.htm

still, it did this in under an hour... Ive never noticed my plants droop during lights off... im stumped..

Your over watering.

The plant wilts because they are being starved of oxygen because the roots are too wet, you see wilting, you think it needs water, what your really doing is adding to the problem with more water, roots need to dry out and breathe.

Plants can and very often drown.

Yes Icex420, I think they're right. That was the very first thought that came to mind when I read that you watered almost everyday. Let them dry out before watering again.

On the other hand, don't let them dry out to the point of wilting due to dehydration. Wilting is caused by either under-watering or over-watering. As far as I know those are the only two causes of wilting. I could be wrong on that, but if those aren't the only causes of wilting, then they're the two most common causes.

You can buy a moisture meter at the local nursery or hydro shop for about $7.00 or so. The meter works fairly well. Be sure to scour the tip of the meter probe with a scouring pad before each use. By doing this, you assure that you're getting an accurate reading. If you don't clean the tip before you use your meter it will only be accurate for a few days.

stop the water 4 several days and i think u will see the difference.

you only need to water them once every 1 to 2 week...

you look like one of my step sister that always say "I do need more than you do!! now gimme the weed (with hand open to toward me)"

if you did water that too often.. that is where plants has too much water to handle leaves got heavier and try catch up the light rays.. like people here telling you.... just water them once a week or within 2 weeks only..

HippyInEngland said:
Your over watering.

The plant wilts because they are being starved of oxygen because the roots are too wet, you see wilting, you think it needs water, what your really doing is adding to the problem with more water, roots need to dry out and breathe.

Plants can and very often drown.

Good post HIE
you can think its not overwatering, or you can listen to the good advice on this forum like I did and you will learn not to water so often, trust me, they dont like it!

yes concur over water. once you let them dry out im sure they will look normal. once back on track just give em enough to stay looking good, even let wilt a lil from not enough water then when you give em nutes, BAM they suck up every last drop.

Well, i guess i will say it again. The plants were not watered earlier that day. they were fine, then i take some lightage away and in an hour they drooped. THEN i fed them water.

Its not the watering guys. Its a pretty small plant. If i watered it once a week it would probably die.

They popped back up anyways by morning. Weird.

No pics, no answers. Check the web site I sent you if it's not important enough for you to find a way to take pictures.

Icex420 said:
Well, i guess i will say it again. The plants were not watered earlier that day. they were fine, then i take some lightage away and in an hour they drooped. THEN i fed them water.

Its not the watering guys. Its a pretty small plant. If i watered it once a week it would probably die.

They popped back up anyways by morning. Weird.

bro, i went two weeks before my first watering, and by week three was still only watering them once a week, now im watering every 5 days because im in a 5 gallon pot, less watering needed. Plants will droop naturally at night, but if overwatered they will seriously droop from what ive noticed when compared to being in the dark under a normal schedule of watering.;)

Icex420 said:
still, it did this in under an hour... Ive never noticed my plants droop during lights off... im stumped..

Lights off? Soooo you're syaing your plants were in the dark, you looked at them and they were droopy? Naturally, yeah they would be a little droopy, no light to absorb so they're not going to be perky. Test it out. Should only take a handle of minutes for them to start to perk up substantially.

Latest posts

Back