Wot Size Fan ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fruity86

Reaction score
Hi Every Body Wot Size Fan Will I Need To Vent A 126 Cubic Feet Room Ive Been Looking On Ebay And All I Can See Is The Fan Power In M3/hr So I Gess The ? Is How Do I Convert Cubic Feet To Meter Squared And How Often Does The Air Have To Be Renewed If This Make Sence Any Help Would Be Great :)

Hi,

I use an Ostberg 6" 630cfm inline fan that's sold in the U.S. under the Eclipse brand name. You'll have to do the metric conversion to find a similar style fan but I suggest going with a similar inline fan that is rated at least 400cfm or more and you can purchase a voltage dimming control if running it at 100% is more than you desire. It's nice to have variable control for different times of the year. In the summer when it's hot and humid around here I have to run it at 100% with my lights on to keep temps around 25º C but the rest of the year I can dim the voltage and keep adequate air exchange going and control temps better.

Here are some similar fans I found on a UK website:

swap out the XX with tt...

hXXp://www.hydroponics.eu/cat.asp?category=79-Extractor+Fans

Happy Growing!:cool:

fruity86 said:
Hi Every Body Wot Size Fan Will I Need To Vent A 126 Cubic Feet Room Ive Been Looking On Ebay And All I Can See Is The Fan Power In M3/hr So I Gess The ? Is How Do I Convert Cubic Feet To Meter Squared And How Often Does The Air Have To Be Renewed If This Make Sence Any Help Would Be Great :)

I have about the same size room u do and i have a 6 in inline that should be sufficiant.:D

4"inline will do it. check htg..
my 4" inline moves 170cfm I believe, and i got it from htg.. my 6" is much louder and effective though, it moves 424cfm i believe.

You really want to exchange the air in your room 3-4 times a minute. I would also recommend going with a 6" with a cfm of 400+. You are better to go with a little bit larger fan and use a speed controller on it.

Latest posts

Back