Wtaer Culture System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovbnstoned

Reaction score
would this work well,, when roots r in good shape n long enough to hang in the water,n also would rgw roots need to b cut every so often ??

Nub here n need feedback

No do not cut the roots. Just let them pile up into the bottom of the bucket

You need plenty of air bubbling through the water.

I thought too much water would kill the roots, why is this different ??
I grow other plants besides these n sell them, I have a agriculture license to sell

also how many air stones is good for 3 gallon bucket ??
this website has all kinds of info
U see I also grow other types of plants , that I sell n this type of hydroponics ( if that is how U would class it ), would b excellent for them

its not the stones as much as it is the pump...
:48:

It is really both. A run multiple buckets with a single larger air pump. I am running smaller commercial type pumps with a manifold--a 20W 45 liter Active Aqua. They have been very dependable. I have a larger one that put out something like 110 lpm with a 12 port manifold, but it runs quite a bit louder. I generally run 2 6" air stones in a 5 gal bucket. When the water is highly oxygenated, it does not harm the roots to be sitting in water. I generally like to have about 1/2 of the roots submerged in the water.

can the container b clear , or just chane the water every week,, take in mind im new at this , would it help if I also has the bible of growing ???

you have the Bible Right here...Yes the container/res should be dark...roots dont like light..algea builds up fast as well...when I ran DWC buckets I found I had better results with just air bubbles...and the more the better...

can I use a lid of the container or should I use syrofoam with the plants in it floating,, also will 2 12 inch air stoners b fine for use in a 4 gallons of water ???
appreciate all the info

lovbnstoned said:
can I use a lid of the container or should I use syrofoam with the plants in it floating,, also will 2 12 inch air stoners b fine for use in a 4 gallons of water ???
appreciate all the info

There grown in net pots and the roots hang down into the rez.
You keep a inch or two gap between the bottom of the net pot and the top of the water.

I am in NO WAY a real good grower...just look at some of my post.:giggle:

But here is kinda what you want..

Lowes bucket with a small air stone and a tube that has a small air tube ran inside that likes about a quater inch being as long as the tube itself... it pushes water up the tube , kinda top feeds it

what size mesh pot do U use for a 5 gallon bucket 8 or 10 inch ????

:watchplant:

Latest posts

Back