WW 9 Days Old Plus Set-up!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 55 flowering here is a picture of one of my Widows I didn't prune beside one that was pruned.

003.JPG 002.JPG

Lookin like a bountifull harvest man. Great Job! Plants are lookin healthy. you gunna let it go two more weeks or ????? how the trichs lookin? you probably have a setting on your camera for close ups???? Show us the goods up close :hubba:

allgrownup said:
Lookin like a bountifull harvest man. Great Job! Plants are lookin healthy. you gunna let it go two more weeks or ????? how the trichs lookin? you probably have a setting on your camera for close ups???? Show us the goods up close :hubba:

Camera is not the best. This is this best I can do!!

011.jpg

oh yes....that looks mighty tasty.

thank you.

Most cameras have a dial to change settings and have one particular for upclose. I think mine says 28" or less setting??????? My flash wont work with it though so you gotta get it in the day or before the light goes full blast.

The reason i say is, that would be a good submission for BPOTM. ;)

props

s21thomas said:
Day 55 flowering here is a picture of one of my Widows I didn't prune beside one that was pruned.

View attachment 36480 View attachment 36479

so is it safe to assume by the picture that it would be more beneficial NOT to prune?? both plants looks great and im not knocking either one, but it looks like the un-pruned one produced more buds..or was this picture taken right after pruning?

im asking because im working on a widow crop and was thinking about pruning, on week 3 of flowering now, heres my frow journal..

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=153633#post153633

I didn't think you could crop them once they began flowering?

s21thomas, I been watching your grow for a while now and its lookin pretty tasty, keep it up man :D

Grownincali420
so is it safe to assume by the picture that it would be more beneficial NOT to prune?? both plants looks great and im not knocking either one, but it looks like the un-pruned one produced more buds..or was this picture taken right after pruning?
im asking because im working on a widow crop and was thinking about pruning, on week 3 of flowering now, heres my frow journal..

DON'T CUT YOUR LADIES WHILE FLOWERING

When I pruned my plants they were in 10th day of veg. The bush (KAYA) was pruned a second time a week or so later.
I've read pruning can cause males. I think this may be true as i had 14 males out of 20 plants.
From what I have read you NEVER want to cut or disturb your ladies during flowering!!
I have 4 other Ladies I cut once they are producing a lot more bud than the uncut. This is only my 2nd grow so you don't want to go by what I say.
ASK the more EXPERIENCED Grower.
I can only show the results on my pictures which I think that my pruned plant KAYA will be my largest yield. These pictures were taken yesterday. She is grow ing alot slower. Charlotte my girl with the largest is real close to being finished. I am going to flush her monday with Some flush i have and stay with just water till I chop her.
I will put all 6 plants pictures up later this afternoon so you can see the differance pruned or nonpruned.

pruning, is a no no when it comes to flowering, most growers say not to do anything to ur ladies when floweirng, myself on the other hand i pinch and tie them down like crazy. to make them shoot all over the place and contain height issues. but thats not pruning. the only pruning i've ever done to a plant was topping it during veg, and u'll see later tonight or tomorrow in my journal exactly what that does to a science. i have one lady right now with over 20 tops on it. it had over 30 but demised good growth on the plant as an overall. and i also attempted to top one my ladies about 3 day of flower and it flowered fine showed double tops at every point. but it stressed it too much caused it to go hermie on me, and i didn't have my dutchmasters reversal. so i had to cut that out.

so in summary, only prune during veg no matter what day it is, once u hit flowering theres a very small gap in time for u to do any such pruning without forcing ur plant to change its sex. best to let nature do its thing.

i prune only the bottom nodes that will not be exposed to the light or will not be nicely devolped buds. I try to refrain from pruning as much as possilbe but do snip the occasional large fan leaf that is covering a really nice bud.

Just don't make a habit of pruning and get out of control with a bonzai plant. you want to keep as many leaves as possible as thats where the plant stores its energy.

They are some tasty ladies!

At the top of this page (5) is the pic on the left the one you didn't prune? If so then i'd say the pruned one looks much more buddy. I didn't prune mine, but i really wish i did after seeing yours and some others.

Day 58 Flowering and flushed all 6 LADIES 4 are ready but KAYA and Twiggy will go a few more weeks. I will get 1 more watering in without the flush and CHOP CHOP.

012.jpg 014.jpg

017.jpg

Thorn said:
They are some tasty ladies!

At the top of this page (5) is the pic on the left the one you didn't prune? If so then i'd say the pruned one looks much more buddy. I didn't prune mine, but i really wish i did after seeing yours and some others.

Yes the tall one is Twiggy uncut and Kaya is on the right the Bushy Girl cut twice in early vegatation.

Cool, I think topping and pruning is the way forward, short plants with plenty of bud! Will defo be topping my next grow!

Cut Three Of The Girls Wet Weight With Very Little Stem 498 Grams. Sorry My Camera Is Taking Such Bad Pictures. I Can" Seem To Get The Settings Right. I Will Work On Some Quality Pictures. We Still Have 3 More Ladies To Go In A Few Weeks. Seems Like It Will Be A Rewarding Grow.

009.JPG 004.JPG

010.JPG

Latest posts

Back