WW harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnyrotten123

Reaction score
Some help from WW growers please. 82 days now 12/12. Still clear/cloudy. How unusual/normal for this strain to go past the "10" week and no amber. I've kinda posted in a few other peoples threads with no answers so thought i'd start this thread and hopefully get some answers. Also, is it possible some plants "never" reach amber? Thanks all:)

Is this 82 days from seed/after sexing/or from a clone?

Reactions: D3
PC,
82 days since i turned lights 12/12. They showed sex about 1 week later. Originally from seed, about 1 ft. or so when i turned 12/12. Plants look great, lots of trichs no amber though

Hi,

Who was that masked man that ran that way with the amber trichs on his heels and the bloodshot eyes?

Why...

It's...

:eek: THE DARK WONDER! :eek:

Wow... So close yet so far away! If you're still soaking them down when you water, you can back off on the watering and that will help... Are you holding it steady on 12/12...? If I were in your flip flops I probably would have started dialing back the amount of light (increase the darkness period) to encourage maturity and ripening a while back but it's not too late! If you're really patient try losing 20 minutes of light per day over the next week on your photoperiod and do this until you get down to around 10.25 to 10.5 hours of light per day... This should encourage your trichs to "amber up" as the girls now know winter is approaching swiftly and the baby bears will have to hibernate...:rolleyes:

Also... since you're such a patient grower, have you ever put your plants into a darkness cycle for a few days at the end of your grow? I typically start taking 15 minutes off my light period per day around day 42 and then hold it at around 10.5 hours per day for the last week. Then... for a known 56 day strain, I'll do the last watering/flush on day 53 and on the last day (56) I unplug the lights and dial down the temps in my room as low as my AC will get it... going for temps in the upper 50's to lower 60's... (In the summer I can only get it down around 65 with all the heat around here.) I leave my girls thirsty and in the dark for around 72 hours and then when they have used up the last of the moisture in their container and start using their own reserves... time to harvest! This works great as it puts on more goo. It also ambers things up nicely and it adds a nice *smack* on the flavor for me.

If you're now thinking: "Screw this!" and you want to cut to the chase I'd suggest a few 10.5 or 11 hour days and then go right into the 3 day darkness routine. They have no choice but to turn amber... and the great news is the more you wait the more dank it's getting as long as your trichs are clear to cloudy...

It's just trying to be Dude Nature by attempting to fool my girls into thinking there's no god. They stress over their plight and get all slathered up while awaiting their doomed existence and the grim bud reaper...

:holysheep:

Embrace the darkness...

Peace!
dOLs

Thanks Dirty,
I haven't gotten alotta, well no feedback on this post as of yet cept from u. I will follow your "darkness" regiment. Today, i'll cut day hours to 10 hrs light and dark to 14 hrs. Keep this way till i start to see amber, then go total dark till harvest, which shud then only be a few(3 or 4) days. Hows this sound?
Water-have not been drenching them, but will cut back even more. And yes, i am patient but the "hour is getting late" Dylan lol--Stilll wondering though if other WW growers have encountered this long time to finish?? I googled and looked around a few other sites. What a trip. One guy was having this same issue and was told that WW will never amber "thus" why its called White Widow-i think that was on grasscity. Another said WW was indica dom-another said WW does take a long time -up tp 13 weeks--- anyway, this is the only site i use . So 10day 14night-i'll let u know results-thanks

I have always just kept mine at 12/12 with no problems...When they say a 10 week strain that is for a mature plant with alternating nodes.

Well, the timer is set at 14hr dark now. Only reason for this post is to get others experience with flowering time of their WW. I've read WW finish in 8 weeks but best goto 10 weeks to get max. potency. I'm at almost 12 weeks with clear/cloudy. We've been doing a lil testing, good buzz, but i want the couchlock buzz. My other stuff is heady/upity high so i'll wait till amber or the wheels fall off and burn!!
And PC, sry mr duck,
When they say a 10 week strain that is for a mature plant with alternating nodes.

Please explain, these 2 plants are mature, so old, i'm gunna hate to hang them!!

Hey...

That sounds fine... I think a week til completion should be a good schedule... In the next few days they'll react to the reduced photoperiod... I prefer to tweak it more gradually but what the heck? Whenever you decide to pull the plug on the timer/lights, do your last water application and wait until you typically would water them again to start the dark period... (ie 1-3 days) After this amount of time, kill the lights and let them sit in the dark til you put the knife to them about 72 hours later.

I grew WW for about 3 years in my last grow before I stopped for awhile around '05. Life got in the way the last several years so I've only recently got back into cultivating the blessed Ganja but I do remember flowering my WW's closer to 10 weeks when all was said and done. Explosive trich production is what makes ANY pot white although some varieties and phenos within a strain do have more of that appearance than others. I'll have WW for my next grow as I was lucky to get a few strains of clones from a friend of a friend about a month ago and I'll be taking cuttings for my next show later this week.

So... the end is near!:cool:

I went out after reading your post and set the timer for 2 more hrs. dark. So this time change is started. Were watered good yesterday, so now i'll check trichs every day and hopefully in a week or so, amber will start and into the dark they go-thanks for your help. Ya know i read awhile back somewhere on here about the "complete" darkness at the very end but can't remember what the results were. I guess i'm about to find out for myself-ty agin-peace:)

Man it all depends on what is the dominat trait, the more sativa the longer you have to waite. My nirvana white widow takes about 12 weeks with a nice head high and some bodybuzz but if you let it go 13+ you get badass weed ,sativa dominat,,, very powerfull yet energetic. Hope this helps.

I was under the impression that you couldn't force plants to be don. When they are ready they will be done. I have just never heard of increased dark time making the plants ready faster.

Thanks Sexa,
That is very helpful. I was needing input from people that have grown WW. These r going on 12 weeks and even though nice heady buzz ya get, as i said above looking more for a couchlok on this stuff. So, cutting back lights, and checking when amber starts-so lookin at around 13,14 weeks flowering to harvest. Hope it turns out "badass" -peace-thanx

Yo Ho Johnnyrotten123,

I'm all pumped hearing you talk about your girls, mine are a long ways behing yours, but this isn't my first. Your doing real good with your being patient. Yes you can do this as dirtyolsouth has suggested.

Hey there Shockeclipse,
Set into your mind what you are doing when you flip your lights to 12/12. This is how to convince the plant that the days are becoming shorter, and I'm sure that you are aware of this, so too is the ability to convince your babies that the nights are getting even longer and it's pretty much over with.
The last three weeks of a grow is the best time as far as I am concerned cause this is where you can play pharmacist, and it does take a careful eye, and practice. I also like my smoke to make me think that it will take surgery to get the couch cushion out of my butt. Couch lock is great at times, but I also enjoy a strong sativa when I want to get a lot of work done.
I think I would like to taste Black Domina x Whitewidow together, but then I would sell my left you know what, to have some of the original Acapulco Gold or Tai stick that I used to get when I was growing up in S. Calif.

Hey, some pics before you chop would be a sweet thing if your of a mind to allow us in.

Here's hoping that you get your hearts desire from your girls:yay:

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

I just pulled a WW at 10 weeks and it was not near finished. I pulled it because it turned hermie between 8-9 weeks. I think I stressed it at week 7 by swapping in a HPS in place of my previous T5's. If I was aware that the WW were going to take 12-13 weeks I probably would have went a different route. I'm trying it again since I have clones and seeds. Good luck and let us know how they turn out. Peace

I will try to take pic and post before chop-i'm yet to post a pic on here, well i hardly start post at all as i can usually find my answer by poking around the site- these grls r pretty considering the "housing" they've had to live in-so if i can figure my digi and how to-i'll share-ty all

Latest posts

Back