WWxBB, WW, SS. Doin' it in the dirt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've added some pix to show my sick plants. I made them sick with Superthrive as I mentioned before. I flushed everyone about 7-10 days ago and have been letting them dry out completely before giving them more plain water.

Pic 1 is the Skunk Special. It never really 'took off' and then got the superthrive mistreatment. I'm toying with the idea of sizing it back down to a smaller pot and letting it rest in the mombox until it is healthier. What do you think? Pros? Cons? It might make a good clone donor after awhile. For right now, it is superfried.

Pic 2 is the WWBB. This was my most vigorous plant. Now, it's struggling to make it. It has been flushed thoroughly but still has not recovered. Over half the plant has died back and the branches are soft and floppy - not at all like they were before the ST.

The Master Low (pic 3) was 2 weeks from harvest when she caught the superthrive flu. The smell of the ML (before I killed it) was really spicy and unusual. I've got more of these seeds so I'll try growing it again.
My ML mini-smoke report... the buds still had a nice smell but the ST gave them a slightly harsh taste. That's my guess since I've never grown or smoked it before. It has a kicky little buzz to the smoke. I had read that ML should have better potency than the regular Lowrider. I give it a solid 8 out of 10. It was super easy to grow and, ultimately, it was super easy to kill.

LESSON LEARNED - Hey, don't screw around with healthy plants.

This update focused on the Bad and the Ugly. Next time, I'll add pix of the Good --> WW. It somehow fought off the ST after I flushed it and seems to be doing well.

Day  49 SSburn.jpg

Day 55 WWBB.jpg

Day 55 mlow.jpg

Damn REV it's a real bummer to see your plants that way. Get rid of the ST i have seen some bad things done to plants from that stuff over the past 2 weeks. :(

Rev: If you gave Superthrive in the reccommended dose (1 drop/gal) I doubt it is the culprit. I have give Superthrive from seedling to two weeks before harvest with every grow and never seen the type of burn you are showing.

I'm gonna go back through what you've been doing and have my friend take a look at the pics when he comes over. He's very dialed into soil/soiless grows.

I have seen threads where people put the blame on superthrive. After a bunch of flailing around about Superthrive, it came out the guy was using a buttload of H Peroxide.

I am not a big fan of Epson salts. I almost killed my plants with it. What str. are you using. If you are using 'standard' dose I think it is terribly high and unbalanced.

if your trying to save it i would not go and transplant into a smaller pot . you are already having a problem with burning you dont want to stress it out by transplanting to a smaller pot . ps if you are having fert burn from superthrive you are not giving the recomended dose as zarnon mentionen 1 drop per gallon.

feel like joining your church reverend (sorry about your plant ),,,,see ya on sunday ,,p,l,r

The Superthrive directions says for most purposes, use 1/4 tsp per gallon. I dialed that back to 1/8 tsp but still burned them. So, instead of one drop/gal, I used 1/8 tsp/gal. My bad - very bad. I simply misread the instructions and applied too much.
I apply Epsom salts every 2-3 feedings. I use a tiny pinch only.

I'm not adding anything to the plants' diet right now (other than plain H2O as needed). Rather than throw a bunch of stuff at the plants, I'm letting them recover on their own. That appears to be the best course of action. They have been flushed completely so I'll let them rest.

i would not use epsom salt unless you are dealing with a magnesium defienciency. and if using epsom salt i believe the dose would be 1 teaspoon per gallon of water and a quarter tsp per bottle when foliage feeding. but only when needed unless you would like more problems like magnesium toxity.other than that gl with your grow and let us know how the bb/ww does ww is my favorite and many of my friends too.

It's too late now, but 1 tsp of lime per gallon of soil(medium) in your mix, will cure magnesium defficiency problems from the start. Then there is no dealing with salts buildup from the epsoms.

Hick said:
It's too late now, but 1 tsp of lime per gallon of soil(medium) in your mix, will cure magnesium defficiency problems from the start. Then there is no dealing with salts buildup from the epsoms.
I'm using BOGs soil recipe without the lime. I think I'll add that to the mix for the next go-round. That's the dolomite lime, correct?
I was also wonderin' if I could borrow a rock to tie to the bottle of Superthrive before I send it for a swim.

The pix below are 3 weeks after the ST overdose. I'm sure they'll bounce back once they get the ST out of their systems. They have been flushed twice -- 10 days apart with plain water. When they get dry next time, my plan is to give them half-strength Flora Nova Bloom. Before the ST, they were drinking full-strength nutes with no problems.

The WWBB is looking much better. It lost multiple budsites that came from LST. They dried up and dropped off. At first I thought the WW had escaped the ST burn but it showed up a week or so later after the WWBB burn.

The last shot is my beetle. I brought him in from outside and he's having a good time in the garden. I'm trying to find a few more cause I think he's lonely. I caught him humping one of my plants the other day. Hmm. Why does my smoke taste funny.

Day 67 f20 wwbb.jpg

Day 67 f20 ww.jpg

Day 67 f20 mascot.jpg

Whats up REV. The ladies are looking much better. Like your ladybug i have one in my garden as well. Someone told me there is a bug that looks similar to the ladybug but it eats your plants instead of other insects. Might want to keep an eye on that little bugger for a few days and make sure he's not eating your plants. ;)

OK, cowboys and cowgirls. We're back with healthier plants. After 21 days and 2 complete flushes, the WWBB and WW are bouncing back from the Superthrive overdose. I need to put a childproof cap on that stuff so the plants can't get into it again. Now that they are healthy again, I'm giving them half-strength GH Flora Nova bloom.

Patience and plain water saved these plants. Water is easy to come by but patience is at a premium in this microwavable, fast-food, I-want-it-now-world. I guess being nearly 55 years old has given me a little patience.

On to the pix. I have released the plants from the pipe cleaner bondage to let them grow north. As they begin packing on the flowers, I'll spread the canopy again to get light on the lower bud sites. Damn, I wish I had a low-wattage HPS to help them now.
Pic 1 is the WW. It was a slow grower before the superthrive but seems to be picking up it's grow intensity.
The next 3 pix are the WWxBB. It was all futched up by the ST. I'm glad it is looking good again. The hairs are popping out all over and it looks to be headed in the right direction. I think this is going to be a vigorous breed.
The last pic is one of my 5 clones. They have been transplanted to 2 liter bottles during the last week and I put 3/5 under 12s. This pic is a Blue Mystic showing hairs.

While the plants were sick, the cuttings I took from them would not grow. I have several WWBB and many BM clones but I don't have any WW. Even though the WW is 3 weeks into flower, I'm going to clone it so I can have it for future grows.

Day 70 f22 WW.jpg

Day 70 f22 wwbb.jpg

Day 70 f22 wwbb buds.jpg

Day 70 f22 wwbb stretch.jpg

Day 70 bm clone.jpg

Hey Reverend. Love the LST work. Great pics, cant wait to c more. GG

Thanks, Witness. I hope it was low-stress and not high-stress training. I know the superthrive was stressful. Hope the girls don't go hermie on me. I know some other guys are growing WWBB right now and have had to pick the balls from the hermies. I'll sure keep my eyes peeled for that. Thanks for stopping by.

Glad to here everything is getting back to normal with the ladies. They are looking ten times better then they did a few weeks ago. Great job bringing them back.

Thanks, BG. Now that they have recuperated, I'm getting excited again. They should be ready in 5 more weeks. I'm sure the nute burn stress will most likely cut into my yield but that's the way it goes. Besides some wwbb clones I have growing, I threw another wwbb seed in a pot and the seedling is about 2 weeks old and doing well. If the cloning projects go well, I might keep the new plant in a small pot in my mombox and use her for clones.

The WWxBB sure looks healthy (again). It would be considerably bushier with more budsites without the Superfry OD. I've got my eye peeled for hermie balls. Surely, with all the stress this plant has seen, it has every right to hermie. I consider this plant easy to grow despite the problems caused by yours truly. I ran into a moderator from Female Seeds and he said it's all worth it at the end of the day because it is a sweet smoke. We'll see.

Here are more pix of the wwbb. The last pic is the WW.

Day 71 wwbb.jpg

Day 71 wwbb2.jpg

Day 71 wwbb3.jpg

Day 71 ww.jpg

Patience and plain water saved these plants. Water is easy to come by but patience is at a premium in this microwavable, fast-food, I-want-it-now-world. I guess being nearly 55 years old has given me a little patience.
heee hee...congrats on the turn around and kudos for your patiance ;), they're looking great.
Here ya go..:D
basalt.jpg

Hick, is that a big lump of bear turds? (kidding, of course) Impressive. I'm still a newb in the hash area. I'm guessin' that is the "pre" hash stuff? Could you possibly give us a brief rundown on whatcha got there?

The question I have is how much raw ganja material did it take to make those bear turds? And how much finished product will it make?

I hope one day to reach the level of growing required to have enough doobage to make some hashish. I smoked some reefer last weekend that tasted very hash-like but I haven't smoked actual hash since 1971. How sad is that.
One day I hope to be able to drop a picture of bear turds on your thread... or at least some nice buds. We'll get there.

rw ibet your tickeled that they made it good job. hey BG i think i mightive seen 1 of those funny lookin bugs the other day in my garden it looked just like a lady bug with the exception of longer tentickles. however you spell that word lol .

skunk said:
rw ibet your tickeled that they made it good job. hey BG i think i mightive seen 1 of those funny lookin bugs the other day in my garden it looked just like a lady bug with the exception of longer tentickles. however you spell that word lol .

Yeah, Skunk. I was very glad they made it. I've been wanting to grow some WW after I smoked a joint of it not too long ago. We hate to see our babies get sick. Thanks for stopping by.

ww is my #1 strain it is the best in my opinion . but thc stats show g13 is #1 and ww is #2 with a comparison of 22%+ thc to 25%+thc going to the g13 but who in this forum can honestly say they have tryed the real g not me .my neighbor after trying my ww says that is the 2nd best he has ever tryed and i said well what was the #1 you have tryed he said g13 and i ask him what did it look like and he said it was black sticky and gooey lol. i said hell that isnt g13 someone caked some hash on top of some sh-- weed lol. so about 3 or 4 days later i made some hash and smothered some on the ww and ask him is this what it looked like and do you want to try some more he replied thats what it looked like and nope last time i got too messed up .

Latest posts

Back