Your Animals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will not have any house pets anymore. The pain of the hole in your heart can only be understood by those who have lost their fur-babies.

I get around the human instinct to interact with animobiles by having a coterie of semi-tame wildlife. "My" peacocks, Fancy Pants and Beau (my neighbor named them) have lived here at the Chateau for 20 years. Born in my back yard.

They are hand-tame to me alone, and follow me like giant technicolor chickens. During their mating season, they practice their dances with me. My Red Witch gets a huge kick out of us dancing together.

She named me Injun-style: "Dances with giant birdies".
When I lost Viper my heart stopped. We rescued Willow from abuse it took me a long time to let her close to me. She wanted me day one but I pushed her away it was just to soon. But we had to get her out of where she was.

Attachments

• 20220131_105031.jpg
    20220131_105031.jpg
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 0
It’s a beautiful cock boo 😜 Looks like he’s been holding his own to the ivan chases.
this pic was taken before he became free range...he's a former shell of himself now, relegated to hiding in the pole barn keeping 1 step from Ivan...Dutch is now just curious but Ivan will eat him...he's come out of the woods twice with chicken feet today...I toss them into the gator pond so he wont get them...

this pic was taken before he became free range...he's a former shell of himself now, relegated to hiding in the pole barn keeping 1 step from Ivan...Dutch is now just curious but Ivan will eat him...he's come out of the woods twice with chicken feet today...I toss them into the gator pond so he wont get them...
Is Ivan killing your hens? He’s a spirited boy for sure. Where are the chicken feet coming from?

The only bird left that has free range is the rooster, and I’m doing everything in my power to keep him alive. In spite of Ivan. He’s finally stopped running around the chicken coop like he was earlier. Some days he goes out the back door of the house, and he is gone looking for something to harass.

The squirrels are driving my MaryJane crazy. She thinks she’s an outside dog always wanting to go out and get her mop feet all muddy cause it’s more fun to play where there is no grass and she’s a real tomboy like her mom so I have to wash her feet 10 times a day when she comes in especially after a rain like today…

Ivan knows where the squirrels are, at the bottom of the feeder tree...if they go near my feeders I pop 'em and Ivan feasts when he goes out...as soon as my back is turned he's got one in his yap, chewing on it...he swallows them down whole but the tail still hangs out of his mouth...I brace my hand on his chest and remove the nasty looking half masticated tree rat...there's no end the the action over here...

She would come home a completely different dog, and would never be the same. I spend a good portion of my time trying to reel Ivan back in. He listens to me and obeys his commands but he’s quite slow in doing so so that’s going to be my challenge with him.

She would come home a completely different dog, and would never be the same. I spend a good portion of my time trying to reel Ivan back in. He listens to me and obeys his commands but he’s quite slow in doing so so that’s going to be my challenge with him.
They all stubborn. There's times Baby looks at me like I'm stupid telling her come on to wherever we're going. Sammi wants to go explore, but will sit there on the step until I call her three times. They both want to do what I'm saying we're doing, but they don't want it to be my idea. Stubborn.

Latest posts

Back