BubbleGum From Carty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won some from Herbie's. I'll be watching them closely when I pop 'em. I've never used feminized seeds before, but I know folks that have. Some swear by 'em, and some swear at 'em.
I made a bunch of female seeds by accident
And grew them out afterwards because I had no other good seeds at the time, Everyone was female, I was tickled pink.
Until the nanners showed but even then the weed smoked nice for night time use.

And grew them out afterwards because I had no other good seeds at the time, Everyone was female, I was tickled pink.
What is the drawback that you see from feminized seeds?

My first 2 grows were fem seeds. I never had problems. The yields the second time was about 5 times the first time. This past summer grow was my first time with regular seeds. Our grow season is long March 31st thru 11-21. If I get males I chuck them and start more. I have some of everything, so If necessary I can always do autos. Got an epic line up this year thanks to all the lovely people here.

Update I think this is week 3 of flower. They are the 2 tallest in the front one seeded one not.
IMG_2734.jpeg
IMG_2733.jpeg

She is only starting second week of flower I was wrong they sprouted Nov 11 and vegged for 5-6 weeks. They are still early in flower. I only have one bubble gum and she is seeded

I was ready to comment on your 1st post above this to say, some people think hermie seeds ARE feminized seeds... the only time I trust seeds on a plant I did not pollenate is when there are only a few, less then 10.
this plant didn't really hermie as much as self preservation like some do.. a plant that goes hermie with little stress is BAD.. yucky. lol. unfortunately they do get passed around though.. Fem seeds made by spraying it to reverse the plant is the only way to go.. just time consuming is all...

Dang girl... you know she is gonna be a total beast when all said an done right? how many times I've seen this, like SFV OG is like this at times... lanky, where's my buds... by the end she was so impressive. do you know about supercropping. I think she would really benefit from some pinches.. you simply go about mid branch on every shoot, and feel the stem ridges. squeeze lightly and see if it pops slightly like squeezing an aloe plant to hard.. if not, rotate your fingers 90 degrees and do it.. pinch it and lightly roll the stem side to side a bit.. you want to break the tissue inside causing the plant to send energy there to mend it... this causes a growth spurt at the bud area.. eventually this will mend and you'll have a bruise there later..

Read up on it, it is what every commercial grower does to increase yield.. luck

I was ready to comment on your 1st post above this to say, some people think hermie seeds ARE feminized seeds... the only time I trust seeds on a plant I did not pollenate is when there are only a few, less then 10.
this plant didn't really hermie as much as self preservation like some do.. a plant that goes hermie with little stress is BAD.. yucky. lol. unfortunately they do get passed around though.. Fem seeds made by spraying it to reverse the plant is the only way to go.. just time consuming is all...

Dang girl... you know she is gonna be a total beast when all said an done right? how many times I've seen this, like SFV OG is like this at times... lanky, where's my buds... by the end she was so impressive. do you know about supercropping. I think she would really benefit from some pinches.. you simply go about mid branch on every shoot, and feel the stem ridges. squeeze lightly and see if it pops slightly like squeezing an aloe plant to hard.. if not, rotate your fingers 90 degrees and do it.. pinch it and lightly roll the stem side to side a bit.. you want to break the tissue inside causing the plant to send energy there to mend it... this causes a growth spurt at the bud area.. eventually this will mend and you'll have a bruise there later..

Read up on it, it is what every commercial grower does to increase yield.. luck
I will try that

So I broke a branch off my bubble gum plant on accident way yo soon to even think about a sample. Pistils are just forming. Anyhow there were 3 seeds. They were honking huge though but green. I popped one without soaking because it was so green. What do you know it sprouted just today. Too funny! I guess they really do want to live.
IMG_2792.jpeg

All about survival with these things... some respond to light stress starting off with confusion.. light schedule or leaks is usually the culprit.. I grew my photos on 11/13 this last grow, thought I had timer set on 12/12.. I had one plant did same thing here, wound up with 9 seeds of my last run out of 5 plants.. and all on the one plant.. In the wild it's all about the next season with these things... gotta imagine the seeds fall off and usually in late season the ground freezes them until the thaw. takes a few days of 55+ weather and a good rain to wake them up... and why if you store seeds in your freezer they should remain there until used.

Going to be cool to follow this green meanie that decided to live.. hehe

The good thing is I have real bubble gums growing right now to compare to. This is my first time making viable seeds. The branch was accidental. I moved my lights and plants around. The seeds were huge but pale green. I figured why not? It is just sprouting but it is coming up. Who does not want an extra plant especially if it is a good strain.

Buds are beginning to show some chunk.. this is going to be one of them late weight putter on ers... hehe
Keep impressing us, oh, I'll get that mailed out for ya Monday. Keep adding little goodies to it for ya... I'd like you to grow something for me by my brother Johnny Potseed.. photo periods. Fem WW ok... see if she is worth hitting with pollen or not... his stuff tests pretty good I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back