help the lama quit smoking...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah some people say that Spice stuff is really dank.

o K U S H o said:
Yeah some people say that Spice stuff is really dank.

I just want to know what it is, then I'll consider trying it. On drugs.com, they list it in the research chemicals section, since no one knows what they're putting in it.

A few months ago I did quite a bit of research about it. I cant remember what exactly in it but if you search the ol google youll find it for sure. A lot of people in the Army smoke that stuff hahaha;)

Well figured it was time for an update...

Last day since smoking the wonderful plant we all enjoy cultivating was Thanksgiving. That's right I figured there was no way I was going to be able to not do it that day so I instead opted to slowly ween myself away from the plant I love giving myself a FIRM cutoff date of 11-26.

Over the weekend I was a bit irritable... ok alot irritable. lol

But as of today I am feeling quite a bit better and my lungs are appreciating the break from the bong. I am still having cravings from time to time on a daily basis but I hope as the days go on they will become less frequent.

All and all... things are going pretty well.

Congrats Lama - the first few days are always the hardest! Now you've got through that it's a lot easier from here on... Personally I would of just gone and got another job ;)

Congrats Llama...you are not alone, I decided to take a break from it to, because of my lay-off I've been looking for a job that won't lay me off every 6 months. I usually rely on the girlfriends urine, but thought maybe I had better stop just incase, they have saliva tests and such that I would not be prepared for with a bottle of urine stuck in my sock....the first 3 days sucked, but it's not so bad after that. Although last night, I took cuttings for clones and that skunky smell hit me...jonesd a little....

I'm not an everyday smoker anymore anyway though.

yep lf,, gotta agree with you about the first few days being the real barrier to quitting. It seems like now that I've broke through it things are much easier.

lordhighlama said:
yep lf,, gotta agree with you about the first few days being the real barrier to quitting. It seems like now that I've broke through it things are much easier.

I personally smoke both MJ and cigs, I frequently take 2-3 month breaks from MJ and as you've found after the first few days it really isn't too difficult. As long as you stay away from temptation i.e friends that are toking around you!

As for cigs.. I barely manage a day, even after a week of giving up I slip back in to the habit too easily.

Well done again, keep it up!

p.s. The worst thing to do is to smoke a single J or pick up a small bag.. Thats when I tend to slip back in to the 6 month/3-4 J's a day routine.

I've never been a cig smoker so I don't know how hard it is to quit that habit. But from all I've ever heard it is one of the toughest things to do.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!!

May I ask why you quit off and on?

i am now quitting cigs, havent had one sense friday, i have on occasion wanted one but have worked thur it so far. i can stop herb anytime it seems but the cigs are harder:eek: my new vape seems to help a lot:hubba:

astrobud said:
i am now quitting cigs, havent had one sense friday, i have on occasion wanted one but have worked thur it so far. i can stop herb anytime it seems but the cigs are harder:eek: my new vape seems to help a lot:hubba:
Haha thats funny Im the other way around. I havent had a cig in about 2 months. Id still like one tho haha

holy cow... time is really starting to fly now. 12 DAYS SOBER!!!

So far so good,, again it seems that the weekend was the hardest for me. I smoke much more on the weekend than I do during the week. So I am reminded more of what I am missing during that time. This weekend was rather rough but I managed to get through it unscathed except for the massive hang overs I had on Saturday and Sunday. lol

It seems that I have been doing a bit more drinking than I normally do, but not so much that it is becoming an unhealthy amount. A few beers after work is no big deal right? This weekend I did quite a bit of drinking and had a cigar on Saturday nite, but like I said I was having a rough time keeping my mind off of it.

I know I am torturing myself with this but I still have some bud at my house. I pulled a nug out of one of my jars just to smell it. My wife gave me a solid glare and reminded me how big of an idiot I was beeing. So I broke the nug up real fine and fed it to one of my cats. lol Darn cat can get stoned but I cant... oh why is life so unfair. :)

On Saturday I took spearchuckers advice and hit the links for 18 chilly holes of golf. Darn tee blocks were frozen so hard I couldn't get a tee in the ground. lol... oh well it definetly got my mind in a better place. I worked really hard at staying busy this weekend, the wife and I got our christmas tree and did some decorating around the house, I also worked on putting a heat lamp in the dog house, it's nice and cozy in there now. :D

Anyway thats my update for now... hope all of my MP family is doing well!!!:peace:

:yay: on the 12 days without. :woohoo:

Hey lama just take it 1 day at a time. If you need to smoke, smoke a cigar that way you are not as likely to inhale or at least try not to inhale. There is nothing wrong with a drink or 2 just do not let the drink control you.
Thoughts Prayers and good wish for you and your's this Holiday season

:48::peace:

lordhighlama said:
May I ask why you quit off and on?

Take it you mean MJ? I dunno I just do it to have a bit of a 'brain clearout' from time to time.. it's a bit surreal coming out of a 4 month haze!

Oh 'n well done for making it 12 days.. Your pretty much home and dry, in the next few weeks you'll start to feel like you REALLY don't mind not smoking at all and thats when it's easy enough until your first real temptation comes up i.e party/sh*t news etc.. Still, we're rooting for ya mate keep it up.

Hey LordHigh, I can see now why you decided to stop smoking. Good job for taking the responsible approach to the drug testing instead of just quitting and flipping the bird at your employer. Do you feel any smarter and more capable since weed has been absent in your life recently?

well mental... thanks for stopping in! Lets see since mj has been cut out of my diet there are a few things that I have noticed differently. Being any smarter is not one of them though. lol

I seem to have a bit more energy and am a bit more motivated to do sertain tasks. My cronic cough is starting to go away and my health overall is feeling a bit better. So ya there are some upsides to quiting!

Yo, just wanted to say.

I also had recently stopped smoking for a few reasons, primarily I just graduated and I am looking for a job so wanted to have no worries passing a UA (urine analysis test), was out of weed, and had not stopped for longer then a week in about 5 years. Its been 2 months now, my pee should be clean, and it was a pain in the *** in the beginning mainly due to sleep issues and irritability. Like others on here have said, I have now started drinking more then I ever did before, on average a beer a night, sometimes two. This is a massive influx of **** calories, talking 400+ per night that I did not intake before when smoking. I also had a cough which I think just comes with the territory when you inhale burning plant material into your lungs, and in general sleep a bit better. Having said all that, I can't wait till harvest, which is still two agonizing months away at least.

Weed > Beer

Latest posts

Back