help the lama quit smoking...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
couldn't agree more tact...

I own this shirt and believe every word on it. :D

02058683_detail_a.jpg

well it's been a little while since I posted in this thread... though it was time for another quick update, and just seeing how everyone is doing.

I was talking with my wife last night and she said that she felt quitting this time has been much easier for me, and I haven't been nearly as cranky. :eek:

I had to agree with her,, even though there were several times that I was really craving it and did get angry over some really stupid stuff, I made it a mental point this time to calm myself quickly when I would get angry and think about it for a minute. Realizing that I was angry over something very stupid I would calm down rather quickly that way. This worked very well for me.

As for keeping my mind off of smoking and changing my routine around... one of the most frequent times I would smoke was when lounging around the house playing a video game. This presented the toughest problem for me as this is what I would do alot of on the weekends.

This sounds really funny but growing pot again is what I did to take my mind off of smoking. :D If I didn't have a hobby to occupy my time the way growing does... or golf in the summer, I would not have been able to do it.

So as of today I haven't smoked in 25 days and am not craving it at all at this point. Now that story will probably change once I harvest some dank again though. lol

Anyway just though I'd check back in and update on my success, and see how everyone is doing!

Merry Christmas MP!!!

lordhighlama said:
well it's been a little while since I posted in this thread... though it was time for another quick update, and just seeing how everyone is doing.

I was talking with my wife last night and she said that she felt quitting this time has been much easier for me, and I haven't been nearly as cranky. :eek:

I had to agree with her,, even though there were several times that I was really craving it and did get angry over some really stupid stuff, I made it a mental point this time to calm myself quickly when I would get angry and think about it for a minute. Realizing that I was angry over something very stupid I would calm down rather quickly that way. This worked very well for me.

As for keeping my mind off of smoking and changing my routine around... one of the most frequent times I would smoke was when lounging around the house playing a video game. This presented the toughest problem for me as this is what I would do alot of on the weekends.

This sounds really funny but growing pot again is what I did to take my mind off of smoking. :D If I didn't have a hobby to occupy my time the way growing does... or golf in the summer, I would not have been able to do it.

So as of today I haven't smoked in 25 days and am not craving it at all at this point. Now that story will probably change once I harvest some dank again though. lol

Anyway just though I'd check back in and update on my success, and see how everyone is doing!

Merry Christmas MP!!!

had some experience with this myself a couple of times. working in the old field in the old days (i call the old days the 70s) was different at first it didnt matter what you did as long as you showed up to work with cloths on and sometimes that didnt matter!
but that all changed on day when they called the rig about noon and said drop bu the motel room for a drug test!! holy sheep!!! talk about notice! well we usuall kept some distilled white vinegar on the rig in case we got into some caustic materials. needless to say we all took turns gagging that crap down and saying out prayers.
got to the motel and did our thing int he cup with this ****** watching and hit the road. wel let me tell you the lord was on our side that day no one showed positive. but I can tell you if you work in a job that has alot of interaction with anything mechanical they will drug test you the first time there is anykind of an accident.

the last job I have was in the safety and enviromental dept of this big old oil company that produced oil and grease. anytime there we a accident down to the doc I had to take the guilty party and get them tested.

it is expensive for the company but there are several reasons they use drug tests. one is to cover their butts on accidents, and the other is to weed(pardon the pun) out people they dont like or want! I had one guy tested acouple of time and myself I was tested 4 times in one 6 month period. of course I wasnt smoking then and had given it up when the kids started showing up. now I am old and have other reasons to grow. (not for the money either I wouldnt do that).

there are alot of thing out there on the market that mast it or are suppose to my daughter flunked one after she spent $40 and drank God only know what to try and mask it. the distilled white vinegar what worked for me but keeping you job in these times is what matters.

if your company is large they may have made a deal with a local lab to get a group rate everything is cheaper by the dozen isnt it? anyway hope it works out I always said I would rather work next to a guy that was out smoking all night instead of a guy that had been drinking! besides the smoker smelt better!!!

Latest posts

Back