Tom Tom's First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
u think i should transplant again? ive alrady transplanted this plant 3 times now lol

yes blunt good idea i think im gonna get the fox farm set up friday i need a big bag so i can start r2d2 hes hungry for some bud lol

ok guys i got this test kit today so i figured i put the findings in my journal what i found in my ph is , it looks pretty good it says its neutral 7.0,this is the first pick what do u guys think also have any of you guys ever used this type of test i also have a test for nitrogen,phosphorus,and potash should i worry about these things 2, also i have 3 new babys brakeing ground so ill post some picks of them tommorow i think my attic might turn into a jungle lol i also no that my yellowing in my bottom leaves has to be over wattering for the simple fact that i have not wattered in 4 days now and my mosture meter is still on 10 so im pretty shure with in the next few days they are gonna green back up it just started growing again today i think when i transplanted it and overwattered it at the same time i stunted the growth also..

Snap.jpg

so has any one used one of these ph tests ?are they accurate and is 7.0 ok for mj

ok guys these are some seedlings i planted in sta green potting soil 2 days ago i no their small but i like posting picks plus ill have a good refrence in the certain grow stages,also in pick number 3 when i took the seed off the top and the sac i broke 1 of the leefs ,will this plant still grow our should i scrap it our wait and see what it does?

seedling1.jpg

seedling2.jpg

Snap.jpg

hey tomtom the ph is good just a tad on the high side but mine did well in a 7 pH so no worries man i use the same pH tester and its working right every time as for the seedling with the broken leaf dont worry about it it should bounce right back

Those kits are fairly accurate. A digital PH tester is the best but they are $$$.
7.0 your very close to PH lockout. but not quite. Like bomb said those are the ranges your aiming for.
but have seen others grow @ 7.0 ok. Just gotta make sure it doesn't go any higher. 7.0 is the "hairy edge"

too many hits today i didnt mention that in mine its sitting at 6.6 now but a month or so ago it was up to 7+ and its didnt seem to stunt it any but it did grow mold :eek:

ok should i bring it down a little?and if so is their any thing i can use around the house till friday when i get paid,,and also about thoes ph test kits i used the bad thing about them is it does not go exact u dont no the points for all i no it could be 6.9 or 6.6 or 7.0 the color chart is not exact

simple pH down from a shop will bring it down.05% with a one gallon watering cycle (keep your watering cycle and ammount the same just use that gallon first) and then retest your soil after it drys out again.

Everything looks great TT but like the other's said you need to get your PH down to about 6.5 for soil. ;) GREEN MOJO for the babies. :aok:

thanks for stoppin in tbg im gonna buy some ph down tommorow so i hope they will be ok for today ,,i get paid tommorow what product do u guys think i should get i dont no much about ph up our down help me out

why buy ??

Just use vinegar

1/4 teaspoon a gallon, until you reach desired ph level. then water.

ok i think the yellowing might be gettin worse ,its not spreading its still on the same leefs 4 of them but the rest are all nice and green do u guys think i should add a little viniger our just wait till tommorow till i get somethin to fix my ph ,,and on that note im not even shure if my ph is hi if u look at my ph tester up above ull see it says 7.0 but it does not read exact numbers as u can tell by looking at the chart so in reality it is worthless because my ph could be any where around 7.0 it could be above our below for all i no,,my main question is ,is this yellowing what it looks like when u have a ph problem our is it from the over wattering i did when i first transplanted it in this new soil because i still have not had to watter it in about 4 almost 5 days ,,all i no is if u look close at the leefs u can even see some dyeing of the leef on the very tip ,, i just dont understand the part of the stem very close 2 the dirt is still very green ,then above the first set of leefs the stem get like a fuzzy redish purplish color is this normal please explain what i can do ,,and do u guys think if we can find out what this is if i fix it will thoes leaffs that are yellow ,will they green up ,our is it to late for them...:fid: on pick 2 u can see what im talkin about with the green stem on the bottom then changing 2 purple,, to the eye the stem looks very healthy and it might be for all i know its just 2 diffrent colors what do u guys and gals think..

badleaves.jpg

badleaves2.jpg

badleaves4.jpg

stemshot1.jpg

Snap.jpg

purple stem.jpg

I'm not positive but I think having your ph off affects how much water your plant takes up so it could be ph AND overwatering. I could be wrong though...can't really remember:(.

if i were u i would use some vinager and get that ph down, and for the sta green i am using the same thing but i also got some perlite and vermiculite to keep it well ariated, and for the ph kit i had bought that one but i did not like it so i went to southern states and got one where u just stick in the soil, hope everything turns around for ur plant man

yeah man, actually how wet does your soil stay? i think smokin hit it right on, is it wet alot? that looks like overwatering, if iam right, its just too much water, and its drowning :D

Dc

Hello tom-tom, sorry to see your plant with yellow. I think bbp is right with the overwatering. You could add more perlite into your soil mix.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back