Tom Tom's First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now thats th way to grow Tom. nice improvement on the health. they really look strong now.i guess that FF soil worked for them. did u get the FF tri-pack of nutes???

lookin good dude,glad you worked through all your problems...i got a little problem im dealin with now. anyhow,had to be frustratin 4ya im glad it worked out!now......time to see some buds in few weeks i imagine
much greenage to ya TT

well the growth rate on this plant right now is fonamanol its even greener today i do think im still getting a little chlorine in my water so to not take any chances im just gonna boil my water for now on this should take care of that problem ,,i have to say it shure is a lot funer when thinghs are going right and u can notice a lot of growth when ever u open ur grow room door ,also i no i post picks every day but this being my first journal atleast ill have a good refrence in growth i only wish i had a better cam i have to envest in a ppm meter before i worrie about a new cam.well that is about it for today ill have picks of my littler ones coming soon i wanted to wait a little while untill theyve had a little more growth. growin with the lights and all the outher thinghs ive invested in ,in the last 2 weeks shure makes thinghs easyer it shure is a lot diffrent lookin around hear at the begining all i had was a 15 watt floro lol i have to say u shure did not need no shades in my grow room then all i no is keep that mojo comin my wayyyyy...:) to answer ur question BLUNT FULL OF KUSH ive posted a pick of the nutes i do got they came with my hydro system will they work if not friday ill get the fox farm tri pack but last saturday i got the soil and ph and hydro kit spent more then than i planed over 100 and somethin but take a look at the pick tell me if i can use these in soil?and thank u for the complment blunt...:)

todays1.jpg

today2.jpg

today3.jpg

blunt-1.jpg

those look like good numbers to me on the nutes, and the ladies are looking good tom-tom. i'm using hydro-nutes on my soil ladies as well as in my hydro, just mix up per gallon recommended and what cycle it recommends and ya cant go wrong...at least i hope not, thats what i'm doing and my ladies are looking like hotties. great job so far bro.

i wonder where i can get a soil chart for these nutes are if they make 1 ,,see im not real shure these our ok for soil i need to find out for shure ,,does any one no for shure if i can use these nutes for soil cause they came with my hydro water farm drip system

ok guys and gals the plants are doin great nice and green and gettin bigger by the hour ,,ok today im going to go by a case of botle water cause i dont want to take the chance with chlorine anymore cause i still think i been gettin a little left in the water and i dont wanna take a chance on harming the plants so if any one can recamend me some botle water that is the best i would apericate that ,,i do have to say tho this growin is addictive i collect baseball cards since i was a little kid and to me this is just like any outher hoby just a lot better i love waking up in the morning and goin in my grow room and seeing the new growth lol every day their is a lot of new growth its amazing just watchin this happen in the matter of hours,,so any ways like i said i think im officaly addicted to growin lol any ways i took 5 picks and i got a copple questions about 2 of them ok pick number 5 if u look close their is 4 leefs on this one their is only soposed to be 3 leefs just like on the direct outher side their is only 3 but for some reason this one has 4 ,,does this make my plant a freak lol and also will this give any clues in to sex like more male plants have extra leefs our vise a versa i dont think so but i thought mabey a experinced long time grower might have seen this before and mabey noticed a comparsan in this sernario.And last question is on pick 5 their our new leaves growin out of the top of the branches i no this is normal but i wanna no if they call these leaves a certin thing ,,and what is alternating nods and do i have any? thank u all and i hope u all had a good tom turkey day,,:) ps the leefs on the bottom on pick 4 our hard to see they are the ones close to the bottom of the plant right in the corner of the branches

tomtom-1.jpg

tomtom-2.jpg

tomtom-3.jpg

tomtom-4.jpg

tomtom-5.jpg

does any one no what the set of leefs are called that i took the pick of in pick number 4 and also check out the 4 leafs on pick 5 its only soposed to have 3 leafs is this a normal thing prolly in the genitics?

tom-tom said:
does any one no what the set of leefs are called that i took the pick of in pick number 4 and also check out the 4 leafs on pick 5 its only soposed to have 3 leafs is this a normal thing prolly in the genitics?

Plants look good Tom-Tom
Dont worry about number of leaves it doesnt mean anything.

The 4th pic is just where another branch is going to grow out.

Alternating nodes are when the plants branches are not straight across from one another but staggered up the plant. Give it some more time.

Good Job.

ok just postin a pick our 2 the plants doing great hope to find out sex soon ,,,fingers crossed,, i can tell u guys one thing win my plant is happy i am happy lol:)

soilplant1.jpg

soilplant2.jpg

soilplant3.jpg

Looks like there nice and healthy TT......Fingers Croosed....
Dro:cool2:

ok guys /gals got a few picks plant is doin great also gave it its first shot of nutes last night,i do have one question its kind of wierd in pick 1 u can see the 1 leef is a little messed up lookin it came out like this for somereason im thinkin mabey it got ripped on the outher leefs when it was pushin threw if any one nos what is up with this leef are if this sometimes happens let me no ,,id like to no if any one ever had this happen ,,but besides that all is great ...:)

goodoldpick1.jpg

goodoldpick2.jpg

goodoldpick3.jpg

goodoldpicks4.jpg

not looking bad at all man :aok: and as for that leaf that is starting to twist i have seen that and its normally some kind of a nute overload if i remember what i had read on that. ill find the post on it again i think it was in the sick plants and problems part of the forum, once i find it again ill drop you a link here

edit:found that [thread=16461]thread[/thread] it has some info for you it says in there it may be from heat stress and a small chance at Mg(magnesium) deficiency. step 3

dubbaman this happended before i gave it any nutes i just started nutes last night so i dont think it would be a nute overload ,,cause as i said no nutes at the time this happend

tom-tom said:
dubbaman this happended before i gave it any nutes i just started nutes last night so i dont think it would be a nute overload ,,cause as i said no nutes at the time this happend

yeah i was thinking of something else till i had started to reread the post and that thread on the overheating so it may be form the lights getting to close or to hot on the tops of the plant sorry if i frightened you for a sec i had read that you just started the nutes and i wasnt real sure if i was remembering that trouble shooter post right

its cool thanks for stopin in dubbaman the plant is lookin good tho hu id like to get it to get more bushy what does everyone think how do i do this i want it to get very bushy is their a way i can make this happen without having to lst i dont mind having to bend it some if this will help but i do not want to take any chances of breaking the stem so what can i do? id like to get a copple ideas if possible

You really don't have to worry about breaking stems. Just be gentle and it will be fine. Don't try and do a huge bend all at once, do it over 2-3 days. I completely broke the main stem on one of my plants by accident. It was laying at a 90 degree angle to the trunk it broke from and I could see up and down into the hollow stem and it was connected only by a small bit of tissue at the break. I didn't even know that I did it, I just happened to notice it 8 hours or so after it happened. I lost only one fan leaf from the ordeal and the plant is perfectly healthy apart from a little sunburn to some of the top buds due to being too close to the light. The break has now completely healed over and looks like a gnarled knot in the trunk. I say just go with the lst full force, the plants can take a whole lot of bending without flinching and in the end it will be for their own good. (Edit: Typo due to clumsy fingers)

tom-tom said:
its cool thanks for stopin in dubbaman the plant is lookin good tho hu id like to get it to get more bushy what does everyone think how do i do this i want it to get very bushy is their a way i can make this happen without having to lst i don't mind having to bend it some if this will help but i do not want to take any chances of breaking the stem so what can i do? id like to get a couple ideas if possible

As im sure tom tom knows genetics will play a vital role in the bushiness as well, but without LST'in or using some tie downs the only way i can think of besides "breaking appendages of the plant over and over" but side foliage lighting does wonders for bushiness, i used side lighting on my 1st grow , two 80watt fixtures on both sides of my plants, running vertically, works well for making em bushier.

In fact i may have a few pics from my very first grow (bag seed), lets see here *diggs through folders*

ah here we are, now no laughing .. this was my very 1st grow.. quite ghetto.. only did 2 plants, both ended up male i think.

now this is an old grow, not trying to hijack this or nothing, but they were pretty bushy for their age under the circumstances anyway.

1st pic are germed seeds, kinda blurry

2nd pic is twelve days from sprout in veg

3rd pic is day 24 in veg

4th is day 10 of flowering

i got some more but thats all thats needed i think.

and yea i can prove their mine.. look at my grow journal, same keyboard, same mouse pad in some of the pics hahah (ive had this keyboard for like 5yrs now..)

now it worked good accept that my plants look like they got a serious case of scoliosis hahaha!! :)

anyway im sure youll figure it out tom tom : >

birth-long-close1.jpg

dayTWELVE-macroKristina.jpg

day24-both.jpg

day10-Flowering-Both.jpg

hey tom... about your gnarled leafs... don't worry about that... happens to my plants too... just the way it grows out.:spit:

Latest posts

Back