UK Cheese Breeding Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats abeauty rockster matey

looking very lush chair pulled up for this one

pkj

Aw'right Joe,thanks for looking in.:watchplant:

Well I have got a touch of lsf with 3 girls so am just now spraying with myclobutanil 0.075 g/l but will be careful to avoid the forming buds as I've only used this in veg and don't know if it will harm the pistils the plants have atm but no worries really as its early days in terms of bud production.

I do have trichoderma powder but did'nt bloody well use it this time around so I've only myself to blame and not some non sentient bit of fungus.

My bad! :angrywife:

STS reapplied today after the initial spray 7 days ago.

DSC_0076.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

A coupla pics of buds of the the larger Skunk #1 females I'm growing for comparison with the Cheese,taken under hps lighting.:watchplant:

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

tasty tasty... those cheese buds are mighty frosty for 21 days!!! whats lsf?

Hi Thorn,

lsf is leaf spot fungus.If folk arent familiar with it it can be a right pain as you can be doing everything right and the plant is deteriorating before your eyes starting on the large fan leaves and gradually spreading but it doesnt usually kill the plant but does reduce yield,depending on how much the infection has spread.

In nature,fungi have an intimate relationship with many species of plants,some of which are harmful,others beneficial,and leaf spot fungus is a general term for various types of these harmful pathogens but the beneficial ones called v.a.m.s. or vesicular arbuscular myccorhiza's and trichoderma's can have a symbiotic relationship with a plant meaning the host plant acts as a home and in return it gets nourshment or protection from pathogenic fungi.

You could innoculate an acorn with a beneficial trichoderma and 600 years later at the top of the tree every leaf has an interconnected trichoderma network within it which prevents harmful fungi from entering.

The v.a.m.s can act as an interface between compost and root system and effectively help to feed the plant as they grow nodules along the root length which interact with the whole rhizosphere,which is your compost at the fungal level.

I sprayed 3 of my girls yesterday and I see others today are starting to be affected so will be spraying more and I'll get some more pics up of the worst affected leaves.

It's a right ***** is lsf but I've only myself to blame as I have beneficial trichoderma's but did'nt knock up a batch for treatment.(Rockster tries to kick own arse!)

The preparation is done by putting molasses in a bucket of water with the trichoderma powder and bubbling with an airstone overnight which activates the spores and the bucket is flowing over with foam come morning like an exploded washine machine!

The solution is then applied using a watering can with a coarse,not a fine rose on the end as the hyphae (little spikes that penetrate a leafs surface)will break off and become useless so they are never sprayed but dripped over a plant.

The spores attach to the leaf via the hyphae and then part of it enters the plant and starts to go through the plant tissues which innoculates it as then harmful fungi cannot enter.

There ya go,a few pics for Thorn.:)

Nasty eh?

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

trichoderma powder i use cannas stuff which doesnt have to be mixed with molasses just applied to leaves.

i do it this way after mixing in mister and it blocking up i learnt the hard way.

lol

just mix 1gm per litre water and add to soil and odd splashing about on the plant with a cloth of spong.

clears up in a few days inho with canna stuff.

rh is the key afterwards to prevent it again.

pkj

Aw'right Joe,thanks for the trichoderma info and that sounds far more civilised and a lot less hassle for sure!:)

A few pics of the cheese clones at 23 days 12/12.

There's been another affected by lsf but have run out of spray to treat 'em with so it's down to the local garden centre tomorrow to stock up.

Also quite a bit of variation in feed requirements with some but not all paling a bit so have upped Bio Bizz Grow a tad.:watchplant:

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

Day 25 12/12.

The 2 Cheese clones pollinated a week or so ago with Skunk #1 are forming seeds nicely and will make the first building block for this project. :)

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

Hi Dr.Rockster, it's me jah_toker, not seen you about for a while wondered where you'd got to.

Hi there Hydro Soldier,

I'm just taking a little 18 month sabbatical from 'the other place' which times nicely with this lil' project of mine.:watchplant:

P1104340.JPG

A few pics of the Skunk numero uno girls I have for comparison with the Cheese.:watchplant:

DSC_0033-1.jpg

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

Think I'll grab a seat for this one, always wanted to see the cheese crossed with skunk #1. Good luck mate, hope all goes well.

Cheers Hydro Soldier,:)

Day 27 flowering.

A few pics of the 2 seeded Cheese clones.

Had a 14.9c low temp issue but thats sorted,central heating had shut off for room for a week so a couple of plants have slightly excessively red stems but no worries.:)

DSC_0027-1.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

A few more.Will take some pics of the large girls now,the 3 Skunk #1 females who seem in rudely good health as is my exotica,'The Dispensation' who is very tall,over 6 foot!:holysheep:

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

Thats the tall Dispensation girl and the big Cheese girl tied up with branches pulled out.:watchplant:

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0085.JPG

DSC_0086.JPG

Looking GREAT Rockster... thanks for the info back there :)

bloody hell jah toker wheres you been at fella

seen ya then ya were gone.

ps rockster you is doing well i cannot comprehend the pollination thing personally but where would we all be if you dudes didnt exist.

again i take my hat off to ya dude

p
kj

Latest posts

Back