GAME ON - Vicarious Grower No More!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No ferts yet. I was waiting for the false leaves to start to fade, and they are now. I'm pretty sure it is not root bound yet, nothing showing at the bottom, it is in a 3" pot. And it's not really yellow, just a lighter green but that's probably just the new growth. That pic was just taken today, so it is a little over 3 weeks old. I'm not worried about it, it is continuing to grow and looks very lush. Thoughts?

well thats a tiny pot man, and for it bein in there 3 weeks, you'd be amazed at the growth. tell ya what, wait till its a bit dryer, and pop it out of its pot and take alook, you'll know instantly. i've kinda learned on this grow that, mj is alot like a maple tree in aspect of how it grows, and i'll be takin advantage of that next grow, iam going to take one clone, infact, iam doing it tommarow. hit ya up ina few minutes.

Dc

Thanks, I'll take a look to know for sure, but if it is root bound, I think the growth would slow, and it hasn't really. Tell you what, I will be repotting to a bigger pot when I move it into the box this week, so that should take care of that if it is root bound, I will update the thread.

good call, couldnt hurt anyway :D lol, as for your nute question, as i said on the shout, anything with a higher content of nitrogen and phosphorus, is good for veg, the plant utilizes more potassium in flowering. is it organic or chemical? you run a chance of burning your plant easier with chems vs organics. lates bro!

Dc

Chemical, the water soluble mix. I'll start with 1/4 strength and move up from there. Thanks for the advice!

Yup Pez - she needs some nutes. Nice looking plant. 20-20-20 water sol would be a good choice to get her green, if that's what ya got for nutes.

This is the one that sparked your interest about the hermies?

Thats one BROAD leafed indica man! Looking good, i'll be keeping my eye on this one :D

looking great bro :hubba: Glad to see you have a journal going:D I would transplant it soon before it does end up root bond other than that all looks good i would also grab a sniping when it gets a little bigger to determine the sex right away seeing you only have that one plant but i hope that its female good luck my friend will be back around to see how things are going peace

Hey, that looks bigger than a 3" pot, but i guess it's hard to tell from the pic. The rule of thumb I've heard is .5gal per ft of growth. Assuming your 3in pot is also about 3in deep (i've got 5.5 x 4.5 for my babies) and knowing volume of a cylinder is simply the area of the circular base times the cylinder's height. Pi * R^2 * H In your case = 3.14 * (1.5*1.5) * 3 = 21.195inches^3 and we know 1cubic inch = .00433 US gal then... 21.195 * .00433= .0917 gal Now assuming .5 gal = 12in and thats about an inch per
.0416 gal so basicly you're starting to get root bound around the 2inch to 3 inch range with a pot that size. ahh...morning coffee, bubbler, and volume equations :woohoo:

Pot Belly said:
This is the one that sparked your interest about the hermies?

You got it - it was the only seed in a 1/2 ounce bag, so there's a good possibility that it will be a hermie. As I said earlier in the thread, I'm only using this one to grow out so I can get the system set up. Then I'll put some money into genetics.

I need some photos and IMO you need some nutrients, what soil are you using? I can't see that little thing being root bound. In fact I would wait a little longer to ensure a nice root ball for easy transplanting. You should of seen the 3 foot monster males I had in 5x5x6 high pots.

Looks great and sounds like you have everything under control now since you almost aborted the seed.Haha I have a little Indica bush like yours right now about 2 weeks into veg. Here is some GREEN MOJO to get ya goin brother!

So here is my gal! (I hope) :D She's doing GOOD, I have to go look at her just when I get home from work to see what she has been up to. She's doing some fine work :hubba:

I have started the nutes, 20-20-20 water soluble at 1/4 strength and she seems to love it, no ill effects yet.

To answer the question about what soil I am using, haha I am using a bag of that soil you get in the box with an amaryllis bulb :hubba: Seems to do the trick, she is loving it.

To add a little symbolic coolness, I put her into her first flowering dark period at 10:26PM EST, when the moon had fully entered the earth's shadow. The pic of the moon is moments before I put out the lights :cool:

GEDC0254 (Medium).JPG

GEDC0255 (Medium).JPG

GEDC0257 (Medium).JPG

eclipse.jpg

Everythings looking great TPD. ;) Nice pic of the moon also. I forgot all about that lastnight or i would have gotten some pics myself.

Latest posts

Back