GAME ON - Vicarious Grower No More!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing is a little monster in that pot!! Lookin good. Nice pic of the eclipse btw. I always like to think about how many people are staring up at that thing all at once. Makes this world seem soo soo small!!

i'm with u on that one benamucc! Whenever I see a meteor (shooting star) it makes me wonder how many other people in the world saw that same one too. It's incredible!

Ok, here are some new pictures. She is enjoying her new home under her very own 150W HPS in 12/12 :cool:

I've repotted as you can see, and I am going to top her the coming weekend. I am happy with the progress so far.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, my camera is no more and I am using the video camera until I replace it.

DSC00015.JPG

DSC00016.JPG

THCPezDispenser said:
She is enjoying her new home under her very own 150W HPS in 12/12 :cool:

I am going to top her the coming weekend.

Hey THCPez - if you put her in flower almost 10 days ago, and you top her, you'll be cutting off buds that have already begun to form. It will set her back, and may cause her to throw you a male flower or two.

I have learned to get all the topping out of the way before switching to 12/12 because my yields, and flowering time have been negatively affected when topping after switching the lights.

Good luck on what you do, but if it were me in your shoes, I'd slowly tie her down, and get her main stalk to be horizontal. LSTing in flower is still stressful, but not like cutting off predetermined bud sites.

.02:)

Thanks man. She has only been in flower since this past weekend, forgot to explicitly state that. I thought it was a bit small to flower during the eclipse night and that was a stupid reason to jump the gun :) So it is about 3 days into flowering. I figured I would top 1 week in based on the "I Grow Chronic" video, that seemed to work well for him.

Things are looking good - for my first grow. I have learned a lot. I had a bit of nute trouble, I think I waited too long and when it was showing a nutrient deficiency, I went full strength with the fertilizer and it looks like I burnt it. All the big fan leaves have turned yellow and are slowly falling off.

But the buds look great, and smell terrific! I was worried about the smell, but with one plant it is totally managable. I am happy about that. I went ahead and topped it, and it seems to have liked it and it kept the height of the plant perfect for my box. So without further adu, here is a bud shot of what I have, these are the two main buds at the top. How close do you think it is to harvest? Some of the hairs are starting to turn brown, probably around 10 percent.

IMG_0131 (Medium).jpg

Your coming into week 5 of flower. Looking great, but she needs more weight/time. Give her a week and start looking at her trichs. She could be 2 more weeks out.

Thanks Potbelly. I am into week 6, I put her into flower on March 1st, so this past Saturday was 5 complete weeks. I will start looking for a magnifier to start looking at the trichs soon. I did notice as well that the lower, smaller buds seems to have more pronounced trichs than the top buds, does this seem normal?

Man this is all so exciting! I think I will reveg and clone her because I like her height, it's perfect for my 4 foot box. I'm hoping the weed is good, I can't really remember what the weed was like that I got the bag seed from, but I seem to remember it being ok, better than the crap I just finished anyway. One more try with this strain and I will buy some white widow I think. But who cares, this whole process is totally wicked :)

Oh yeah, and I have given her a once over, she doesn't seem to be a hermie which I was worried about since it was a single seed I found in a half ounce bag. I bought some gibberic acid, I think I may try to self pollenate to get some seeds when I regrow a clone, I want a few seeds to save for prosperity sake since she is my first!

lookn great THC! i flipped my lights on 3-8 so im right behind you. and yes, i believe i read they mature from bottom up...most of the time. hopefully someone else will confirm or tell you im full of...uh....fertilizer!

So everyone I harvested today! 2 ounces wet, I trimed about a half ounce to make a bit of hash, big fan of the hot knives :woohoo:

What a great experience! That weed smelled so good, and my fingers were so sticky I just wanted to burn them so I wouldn't waste any, LOL.

I learned a lot too. I started fertilizing too late and too much when I did. I'll do better on that next time. I should have been controlling it a bit earlier, waited too long to pinch them to bush them out. Next time I think I will try to find a metal wire cone, you know like a bigger version of the kind for making chicken on the barbeque with a beer can under it and train the plant around it sprialing up. Anyone ever try that?

So any thoughts on final weight with 1.5 ounces of wet weed? Place your bets! Taking all bets!

Haha, just thought I would bump this thread. The weed sucked. It was ok considering it was a single bagseed, so I wasn't expecting "the bomb" (hoping, but not expecting :) ). But I did what I had set out to do - grow a plant to maturity and work out the bugs in the setup.

So, that said and the fall approaching, I have ordered some Joey Seed Apollo 11 F2's from Hemp Depot. I am starting to lurk around the board again and I will start a grow journal up when my space capsules come and I get going in a couple of weeks!

Latest posts

Back