March 2009 - Moto-Man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto-Man

Noli urinae contra ventus
Reaction score
Hey guys 'n gals,

OK, this week I germinated, and planted soon after, 4 White Widow, 3 Speed Queen, 3 Satori and 3 ** (bagseed) beans in FFOF mixed w/ 25% perlite. I saturated - not hard to do - w/ distilled water. Not sure what PH is at all.

I have all but the Satori in a covered pan at 85' - all seem to be making quick progress (must be the warm temps, which I hope are not too warm). The Satori - covered separately - cracked later and haven't yet sprouted. All these are in the loft of my garage under four 4' 45W tubes.

In a day or so I plan to remove the cover and place them under four 4' 54W T5 HO tubes w/ circulating and exhaust fans in the Mylar-lined veg chamber: 4' x 3' x 3.5'

With any luck, I'll have some females to choose from for my 3' x 2' x 6' flowering closet outfitted w/ a 400W HPS (yet-to-be-built) cool tube á la THG.

I've grown like three crappy grows in the last 18 months not really knowing what I was doing. Thanks to many of you, I think I know what I'm doing now. I know I'm gonna have to adjust for height, so FIM and LST are on the agenda.

Once I have some choice females, I have a cloner set-up which should - theoretically at least - allow me to set up a perpetual harvest. I guess I'm more about smaller and more frequent harvests rather than one large one. I figure that'll help me out w/ the learning curve also.

I'll try to update regularly w/ pics whose quality can only improve also :)

Cheers!

Pics 008.jpg

Pics 010.jpg

Pics 009.jpg

OK, I have shifted from the covered container tray since all my seeds sprouted and placed under the T5s in my "veg space". The Satori were a little slower in starting than the other strains. The Speed Queen so far seems to exhibit the most rapid growth. The BagSeed ones are also looking good. The White Widow seem to be less robust at this very early stage in comparison.

I'm not worried, but when I :bong1: I do tend to obsess about my plants :)

Humidity is 45% and temps are 79 / 25.

Cheers,

Pics 011.jpg

Hey everybody,

Things are looking good so far, one week in under 24/7 54W T5s... I just watered these bad-boyz - well, I hope they're gonna be girls :)

Cheers,

Pics 012.jpg

Pics 014.jpg

greta looking plants bro and i cant wait to see the speed queen and satori when there done.Ijust ordered some mandala #1 yesterday from attitude.Good luck with your girls;)

Waspfire said:
greta looking plants bro and i cant wait to see the speed queen and satori when there done.Ijust ordered some mandala #1 yesterday from attitude.Good luck with your girls;)

Thanks a lot for stopping by, Waspfire.

The Satori are exhibiting a purplish hue on the second set of leaves. Also, the cotyledons on them are larger than my other strains.

More pics next weekend!

Hey everyone,

I thought I wouldn't transplant so soon, but some of my plants were looking droopy and I suspected they were root bound; indeed they were! The FFOF and perlite mix seems a very effective medium. I have the fourth set of leaves starting on all of them now - tiny but you can see them.

They've been vegging for 12 days now under 4 54W T5s. I think I should prolly begin a nute regimen, but I'm kinda overwhelmed by all the choices out there!

The first three are of my 13 plants at 11 days veg and the last two are of some in their new pots.

Cheers,

Pics 016.jpg

Pics 017.jpg

Pics 018.jpg

Pics 019.jpg

Pics 020.jpg

Moto-Man said:
Hey everyone,

I thought I wouldn't transplant so soon, but some of my plants were looking droopy and I suspected they were root bound; indeed they were! The FFOF and perlite mix seems a very effective medium. I have the fourth set of leaves starting on all of them now - tiny but you can see them.

They've been vegging for 12 days now under 4 54W T5s. I think I should prolly begin a nute regimen, but I'm kinda overwhelmed by all the choices out there!

The first three are of my 13 plants at 11 days veg and the last two are of some in their new pots.

Cheers,

Hey Moto... looking good.

I have the same issue since I will be starting a grow soon myself and am interested what the group has to say with regards to nutes.

good luck

Your plants are looking great. I love Satori and Speed Queen. I do my complete veg with T5s. Watch your ppms with Mandala strains. They are very efficient in their uptake of nutes. You will probably want to keep your ppms under 800-900.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Your plants are looking great. I love Satori and Speed Queen. I do my complete veg with T5s. Watch your ppms with Mandala strains. They are very efficient in their uptake of nutes. You will probably want to keep your ppms under 800-900.

Thanks a lot HG, this means another tool apart from a PH meter, correct? Isn't there one tool that does both? What do you use, if you don't mind sharing that, please?

I'm really excited by the robust growth of (especially) the Speed Queens. Since I took that pic a few days ago, the SQs have fatter stalks and more inter-nodal growth than the other three strains I have... it's pretty dramatic :hubba:

13 plants and only room for 4 females in my grow closet!! :holysheep:

Thanks for stopping by :)

Cheers,

Here's a couple more pics of my seedlings at 19 days since sprouting under 4 T5s in FF-OF + perlite mix. The single plant is my hearty Speed Queen - god, I hope she's a she, this is my nicest looking specimen. The other pic shows my 3 Satori on the right foreground and 4 WW to their left.

Cheers everyone!

Pics 029.jpg

Pics 030.jpg

Looking good man, they coming on well thats for sure and yeah the speed queen looks lovely.
May the weed fairy bring you all girls :)

gniyalp said:
Hey Moto... looking good.

I have the same issue since I will be starting a grow soon myself and am interested what the group has to say with regards to nutes.

good luck

Thanks G... I ended up going w/some General Hydroponics series someone gave me. I checked w/ them on their site and asked if these were OK for my soil grow and they told me to follow the instructions on their website re the "Drain to Waste" schedule. So, that's what I'm doing this grow.

If I had more $$ to spend, I'd prolly go w/ the FF soil series, but I need to save for a centrifugal fan for my flowering closet :)

Cheers,

Newbud said:
Looking good man, they coming on well thats for sure and yeah the speed queen looks lovely.
May the weed fairy bring you all girls :)

Hey, thanks for the good wishes, NB!

looking real nice Moto-Man, have some green mojo...

:bong2: :bongin: :ccc::fly: :stoned:

looking good man,
you should get a ec metre or a ppm meter(same thing just different units) for tesring the strenght of your nutes
you can buy them on ebay,they start at $20 but your better off getting a slightly better one like a Milwaukee one,
as they stay accurate longer,
also you will need some calabration fluid for the metre.
get your self a ph metre as well.
i poped some seeds as well and i have a few plants nearly finished,
take a look at my G.J!
and good luck!

swiftgt said:
looking good man,
you should get a ec metre or a ppm meter(same thing just different units) for tesring the strenght of your nutes
you can buy them on ebay,they start at $20 but your better off getting a slightly better one like a Milwaukee one,
as they stay accurate longer,
also you will need some calabration fluid for the metre.
get your self a ph metre as well.
i poped some seeds as well and i have a few plants nearly finished,
take a look at my G.J!
and good luck!

Thanks SGT, yeah I do need those instruments... THG mentioned it the other day too. Lemme take a peek at your GJ..

Thanks LHL, need all the mojo I can get :)

Cheers everyone,

thanks for haven a look at my g.j moto!
its handy when you have the ec metre as you can quickly make up the strenght of nutes you need,
so you dont get nute burn,
and ph is important as well,if you want them to grow fast!

swiftgt said:
thanks for haven a look at my g.j moto!
its handy when you have the ec metre as you can quickly make up the strenght of nutes you need,
so you dont get nute burn,
and ph is important as well,if you want them to grow fast!

Yeah, thanks SGT, I thought about it and figured this is what separates serious farmers from dilettantes ;) so I did order both last night :)

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back