Update 7/25/07 outdoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay, lets try this again, i was wondering if a Green house will mask the plants from ne sort of visual confermation of the plants from the air, seeing them from the ground isnt' possible. being up in the air also, cuts out the risk of some one smelling them for the most part. im needing to know what kinda material its gonna take to hide them and not cut off the light. i dont wnat to have to move them away, its only 4 plants. and getting caught isn't really an issue so to speak. its a chance. if done properly i shouldn't have a single problem. but back to the problem at hand.

Will a GH hide my plants from visual confermation from the air in any and all ways. they are in a GH, soon to be with fake flowers also. on a pitch black surface. next to a white wall. the clear plastic is hard to notice looking down on. and from the ground is not a worry if the GH masking is a fer sure.

Thanks boys

KT

also i dont think putting a fan in there would be a great idea u would just be blowing the smell to a neighbors u never know i would close it in that was a good idea liked that one close it in with that plastic then put some fans in there to circulate the air. If u dont close it in i suggest putting something out around the area that puts off a different smell like some raw onions or something trying to think I'm just baked lol

ktownlegend said:
i was wondering if a Green house will mask the plants from ne sort of visual confermation of the plants from the air,

no

HGB said:

could u be a lil more specific maybe please. not trying to get on ur nerves. but do u have experience with it, could u fill me in on it if so.

Got the magic bullet for you..

I remember reading, how someone climbs trees and plant
their plants up in trees.

Not only does the tree camoflages the plant,
Protects it from ground herbavores,
if you go high enough, might hide the smell.

So get a ladder and some rope..

MrPuffAlot said:
Got the magic bullet for you..

I remember reading, how someone climbs trees and plant
their plants up in trees.

Not only does the tree camoflages the plant,
Protects it from ground herbavores,
if you go high enough, might hide the smell.

So get a ladder and some rope..

thats very true, but that was in the woods, this at my house. a little bit of a difference there. lol the only thing that crossed my mind is possible painting the top of the GH to match the color of the wall its sitting next.

but i did go ahead and build the bigger GH it looks amazing. new pics here with in the next couple hours.

THanks for all the advice, comments, opininons. all greatly apprecaited.

Fire it up

KT

Even though you PM'd me, I will answer here to see what the others think.

Well, KT, I"m sorry to say that I cannot be much help here. When I grew, I did it indoors and used a carbon filter to absorb the smell.

I don't know what helicopters or airplanes can or cannot see. I THINK it would be very easy to see a greenhouse on your roof. Those guys are trained to see everything from the air. Painting the roof of the greenhouse is not a good idea because it would block the light to the plants.

The only thing I can think of is to just space your plants around your yard, instead of in one group, and put some other potted plants around them. Something that has a different smell.

You only have four small plants. They can't smell that much. Maybe you just notice it more because you know about them. Most neighbors don't think those around them are growing MJ. Well, not unless you act suspicious (like putting a greenhouse on your roof).

Sorry man, that's all I've got. Good Luck.

a green house on the roof would stick out like a sore thumb , not a green 1 , a lot of people use a GH to start a variety of plants , go to the store throw you a variety of plants around , what ya see is what ya get , inside the GH with out actually opening it up , all you have is something green growing inside .....toss ya a flowering plant in there for some color

well heres some pics of the new improved GH, now with more space! i hoping to fit my females in with about 6 other small brightly colored plants to displace the the shades of green, im staying away from flowes just plants with shades of green varying from lighter to darker, size, but most important they will all be outdoor plants. so no dying all quick and what not costing me more money. i think with the fact that i only have a few plants now. as compared to over a half a dozen.

It rained all day, so i didn't take any new pics of the babies. there all drooping and looking down. damn cloudy whether and rain.

till the next update

Fire it up

KT

100_0429.JPG

100_0430.JPG

did u put a fan in there to circulate the air? all and it looks great:D

nope no fan, bit its still rainning. has been for 48 hrs. not a really good time for it either. just starting to show signs of sex and what not, and now for the last two days its been dark and gloomy along with the constant rain. all my babies are drooping. imsure the ones out in the rain don't mind it. but their getting beat up a lil bit, so i put some boards up across the saw horses to stop the direct rain fall. an i put a series of holes in the new GH, if you look there pattern a paticular way. i did a few simple wind tests on the roof and came up with some interesting results. shouldnt really need the hole fan thing. its starting to cool off on a daily basis. and the days are numbered.

Well heres some updated pics, took as of 10 minutes ago. there all looking so beautiful. didn't get pics of the two in the ground yet, that'll be tomorrow after i start some LST on them. just topped the ones in the ground too. thinking about doing it again to the really nice on in the GH too. i was wrong on my count before too, i only came out wiht one male surprisingly from the way things look any way, but really won't be a fer sure for about a few more days. still feeding the bloom nutes. been raining off and on so i've just been watering with nutes. them seem to be thriving. the little one in the orange pot is taking off like crazy and so is the smallest one. the nice one in the GH has so many tops its ridiculous. i got the three main branches almost horizontal now. gotta hook up more lines and hooks. lol

questions, comments, advice always appreciated.

ENJOY

Fire it up

KT

100_0476.JPG

100_0482.JPG

100_0481.JPG

100_0479.JPG

100_0480.JPG

100_0478.JPG

WELL, here goes, i jsut cracked a branch of my best plant in my GH, like at the base where the three come off from the stalk, is not completely busted, but broke bad. is there any way to salvage this? im gonna try taping it up and getting it wet to see if it will act like a break, this is gonna messy up flowering big time though. u guys know any tips or tricks about taking care of this problem, i just did it like not 5 minutes ago and im freeakin out man.:eek: :eek: :shocked: :shocked:

some one help please.

KT

well my last post was my 420, so i missed, damnit.

but heres some new pics, of the tape job on the one i busted and all the new tie downs on the other 3, did some more stem pinching too. the busted one seems to be doing fine. like its not a problem. thats a good thing. so hopefully it will do what i've heard and be a big help to the buddage. but heres some fine examples of LST for the noobs out there.

that and look at this single dandelion, i poured a bucket of over mixed nutes right where it is. and check it out its 5 ft tall. lol

ENJOY

Fire it up

KT

100_0484.JPG

100_0486.JPG

100_0485.JPG

100_0490.JPG

100_0488.JPG

100_0489.JPG

100_0487.JPG

Hey Ktown i was checking out the plants they look great:D but i was thinking u might want to take that tape off support it with something else u are still vegging right so where that tape is u will probably get some new grow there and also the plant will fix its self that's my opinion maybe ask around get some more opinions:D good luck my friend peace

You should be fine with that break. You could have left it completely alone and it would have healed. My cross snapped at a spot where I pinched her the day I tied her over. She's fine, the break has healed up fine. Here's another example of LST.

bud 007.jpg2.jpg

ur tie jobs are just as odd and crafty as mine. lol honestly ur one of the few i see take it to the extremes like i do. so what about the folliar feeding it at the crack will that help? and im gonna leave the bandaid on there but how long u think? i figure 2-3 days tops just like ne other kinda pinch or crack. we should start another thread like the 16oz. cup grows, will call it the "the Limb trainer grows" see who can get the best horizontal grows. setup the specifics and what not. could be fun.

well its almost 24 hours since i cracked my best girl and she seems to be just fine. so all goes well so far. that and look up at the other tall skinny too. not showing a hole lot of pistils. hoping there not late blooming males.

Fire it up

KT

bombbudpuffa said:
You should be fine with that break. You could have left it completely alone and it would have healed. My cross snapped at a spot where I pinched her the day I tied her over. She's fine, the break has healed up fine. Here's another example of LST.

Sticky_Budz said:
Hey Ktown i was checking out the plants they look great:D but i was thinking u might want to take that tape off support it with something else u are still vegging right so where that tape is u will probably get some new grow there and also the plant will fix its self that's my opinion maybe ask around get some more opinions:D good luck my friend peace

nope flowering, the growths that are there are just getting taller shes really starting to shape up so many tops. it'll really look nice about the 2nd to last week of flowering when i trim her up.

Latest posts

Back