I wish to start a new group here, how does one start a group here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

degenerative_disc

I would like to suggest a new group to add to this site if I may?

I would like to start a group identified as the Hobbo Growers Group. It would consist of members who take pride in starting and operating setups that were constucted with $500 or less.

its members would take great pride in the fact that they produce top quality budd, as well as achieving enough budd to sustain thier needs without issues. its just a suggestion as i am very interested in people who can make something from nothing and the ideas they have to assist other growers with little to no budgets get running on there own and able to produce great results.

I dont know how to set this up on this site or if its allowed but If it is and once its in place and it starts attracting members then i would suggest we poll for a president of the group.

I am excited to learn from others who may not have alot of money for fancy equipment like i dont and the ideas how to grow better budd with improvements that cost nothing.

Its the hobbo way!

Any ideas how one starts a group like the Female growers group and such.

Cheers I hope there is some interest in it?

never heard the term hobo growing, always referred to it as ghetto growin myself.. and i'll be a definate member ;)

Im open to that kaotik ghetto is the same meaning though it sounds a little more poverty then hobbo. I just see the word hobbo with the ability to travel out if you need ghetto sounds more scary and perminant. Just my though no disrespect the group could vote on a name as well.

Cheers!!!

do you know how the female growers group and tent growers group got there own membership tags on this site? Do you have to put in a special request to Hick or something?

Cheers!!!

The Hemp Godess is here she will chime in a second I just know it!
Always count on her!!!

Cheers!!!

I dont know Art LOL

What do you think we should do. I want to vote you as president and you can ware your famouse tinfoil hat!!!

I think you spent way more then $500 to set up though didnt you?

Cheers!!!

but how would someone make a grow thats enough to supply him with all the weed he smokes for 500$? the least you would need is HPS ballast light, exhaust fan pots soil and ferts and a decent strain, these alone would add to more IMO and the more you grow the more equipment you will wanna get like climate control dehumuduifier a/c heater etc... so the "hobbo" growers will eventually fall out of the category when they cross the 500$ limit

No zem

Sorry i disagree I can prove that from start to finish on my setup I have only $500 bucks invested in operation set up. Everything from lights, fans, heater, dehumidifier, white shower curtains, tin plates etc etc cost me all less the $500 bucks and yes if you start out a hobbo grower you can chose to stay within those limits and never upgrade or chose to upgrade and move on to be a bigger operation if you want to.

i am just saying I am proud to consider myself a hobbo grower and chose to stay right were i am never to get bigger and just learn to produce better and bigger with what I have got.

Cheers!!!

I am a little embarrassed to say that I do not know what you have to do to start a group :eek: , so I think that Hick is the one to PM.

I think this is a great idea. You can actually set up a great grow for $500 if you can DIY and are good at finding bargains. A grow done on a budget doesn't have to be some thrown together shoddily constructed set up. The dual 150W cooltube I made cost less than $20 to put together. Used yard lights like those can often be found at yard sales and thrift stores--I paid $2 each at a yard sale. I found a 400W air cooled MH at a storage unit sale for $15--it even had a bulb that was good. Craig's List is also an excellent source for great bargains. I love DIY stuff!

Sounds like a Good Idea DD, are delivery costs included? lol. thats the most expencive part of my setting up.

If it starts im in.. :headbang2:

i also disagree..
my hps.. gifted, had it for a decade = $0 (it's old and poor, but works)
light = $60 (annualy)
veg light = $0 (old shop light)
one ocelating fan = $25
built my own filter (that i don't even use anymore) = $30 (a tote, a free fan and some window screen)

great friends who gifted me quality seeds = priceless ;) (lol had to, just felt too much like a master card commercial)

the 'ghetto' or 'hobo' grower makes do with supplies he/she can find easily and can aquire for cheaply/free. it's amazing what you can recycle ;)
*the barter system can also come into play with this style of growing ;)

most ghetto growers not only grow with little funds but have also most likely have had to live quite poorly so are good at finding/creating deals, and coming up with cheap solutions ;)

may not have the greatest system, but manage to grow my own smoke and not have to roll the dice buying it.
ghetto growin = make do and get'r dun. :D

I am talking initial startup to get operational.

we all know there is ongoing exspence like new bulbs once a year new soil once a season those cost dont count if you know what i mean.

Cheers!!!

Now you guys are getting it!!!

Thanks THG!! Kaotik!!! and jericho!!!

This is what I am talking about. With the deals I have found from craigs list , e-bay, the dollar store etc etc you can get great little hobbo set ups producing great budd on a next to nothing budget and these are the people i love to learn from. the people who have the ability to make something out of nothing with sucsess!!! Thats a proud group of people and i would love to be a proud member of a group like that. I have know interest in getting any bigger but yet i have achieved great results for under $500 bucks.

Cheers lets hope we can start a great group!

Cheers!!!!

awww now i get it :D so if i for example took an a/c that i have already at my home and used it to grow that would be 0$ and then find an old used dehumidifier that just needs some gas refill and some fuse to turn it on for like 20$ etc etc... ya i guess that would be possible but you should also add the time effort maybe gas you needed to find all this, i actually am a careful spender and my room has 2 400's and 5 fans total with a hydro setup and a pile of stuff all of which cost me like 1500$ but the ones i actually use are like 800-1000$ the others are either spare parts or things i no more need so i cant be in this group :(

Here is my break down

1 400wmh light and ballast= $40
2 100w hps lights with ballasts= $70
1 space heater= $20
1 ocilating fan = $14
1 dehumidifier = $100
6 clf spiral lights and hardware to build them = $30
Freash air intake fan= $12
exhaust fan = $20
3 timers = $12
3 bags of organic dirt = $18
6 buckets = $12
10 2 by 4 for room construction = $21
radio = $4
white shower curtains used as reflective material = $2 (dollarstore)
ferts/nutes/etc= $80

Grand total for my setup $455 and now all I have is maintenece costs from here on in as this is as big as I will ever get.

My hobbo set up last year was alot less then this and i still produced nice budd but i upgraded room and lights this season but still came in well under $500.

Cheers!!!

Thats ok zem we still love you!!!

Your just a grower who likes more which ussualy means you love to grow and grow. No worries maybe start something in the corner of your room were you just use things you made or found cheep and keep track of results to share how you can grow mj with little investment. It just helps those who cant afford to go big or best with the ability to provide themselves with smokible budd. Some guys stick a seed in a jar on thier windowcil and grow some nice smoke without even a real effort and what did that cost them.

Cheers!!!!

Ok Hick!!!

I know your going to read this one because the title will make you.

So can you guide us on how to start our group?

thanks for your help and anticipated cooperation!

Cheers!!!

My biggest expense was my seeds. I could have used free bag seeds, but wanted some quality. Other then that, this is what I used:

Seeds = $220
A closet in a spare room = $0
Tin foil to cover the walls = $3
4 double socket light fixtures = $28
8 26 watt 1750 lumen CFL bulbs = $18
20 cups from the dollar store = $1
2 bags of organic seed starter = $8
Soil from out behind the house = $0

Total = $278

These plants are going to be transplanted outside once the weather permits, so that helps keep my cost way down.

sounds like you qualify my friend but i dont know if we should include seeds as an expence or not? i use bagseed so I think it would have to be discussed if seeds are an expence or not I am open for ideas in this area. What do other think?

Cheers!!!

Latest posts

Back