12/1 Lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just pointing out, what I see as discrepancies t6... ;)
in one breath it says "copy nature" .. and in the next it says "12 on 5.5 off 1 on 5.5 off"..:confused2:....
"copy nature".. never use 12-12, start your flowering period at 11 hours on 13 hours off. When your are growing outdoors each day you get less and less sun light, you should copy the way the sun acts naturally in your indoor grow. So first 2 weeks of flower you go 11 on 13 off, the next 2 weeks you go down to 10.5 on 13.5 off, next 2 weeks 10 on 14 off, next two weeks 9.5 on 14.5 off and the last weeks of flower you should be at 9 hours on and 15 hours off. You’ll get bigger and better buds by copying the way the sun light works on cannabis outdoors."
....those numbers are .."just whack"..:p IMO.. my OD gardens are always very close to harvest (within 2 weeks) by the fall equinox, Sept 22. (12on/12off)

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Think I just swallowed a tooth hmmm gets it out me **** I guess.

BWD
Make sure u wash that off before u put it under the pillow:eek:

Like Hick--I am also quite unsure how this could possibly produce more.

Most of us use a 24/7 lighting schedule for vegging as we have seen the stretching caused by a 18/6 schedule. I cannot help that believe that a 12-5.5-1.5.5 schedule will promote further stretching.

I also agree that we are not trying to copy outdoors when we grow indoors. We are trying to optimize indoors.

I agree. To me that kind of light schedule looks like it would seriously stress the plant rather than encourage growth. I want to encourage female flowers not male flowers :0

Interesting but I hve seen nothing in this thread that will get me to change from a 24-0 veg. "Just whack" sounds about right for that light schedule. Jmo

pietri is a smuggler...not a grower. Another fool tryin' to reinvent the wheel.
Folks like him start internet rumors in hopes of selling more books.
Like Cervantes.
Lets talk Dennis Ford. Head of Ford manufacturing....makers of Growing equipment.
What better way to draw website hits then spread lame information that dates back to the 60's.
Now, there has been HUGE developments in the growing of MJ. A whole industry was born of it. There are many companies that manufacture lighting.
Not one of them advocate 12/1 lighting, as it has been tried and proven inevective. Believe me, if it was a viable option, everyone would be doing it.

Saying that 24/0 veg is "unnatural" is laughable. I suppose growing indoor under artifical lighting usuing chemical nutriunts is natural. Ha.
I have personally seen FASTER veg frowth under 24/0 veg then 18/6 or any other combonation. I personally use 18/6 strickly because of power consumption...not worries about LEO, worries about the huge power bill.

T6, don't believe the hype my friend. You seem to have a good grasp on growing, dowhat you know is best.
There is NO magic method to produce masive amounts of Dank. No super nuits, no "special" equip, and no "game changing" light schedule.

If dude was master, believe he wouldn't be ripping off others ideas and touting them as his own. Just look at his equipment he is selling. Damn silly.

Jeez Guys look this is only a test. Probably not changeing any grow habits but this will lay the rumors to rest. Besides I am in between major grows and have three new blueberry strains to test. Ha Ha I have been around the block a couple of times. JUst so happens I have a shitload of these Rooie marie clones to use before the blueberrys so it will be fun

t6

cool I'd be interested in the results. I'll never do it though, it took me way too long to get my timer to do 12/12 lol

I hear ya, I been around da block too many times, and I am not tryin' to belittle you, just to save you headaches.

Believe me when I say your time and efforts will be better off concentrating on what you know and improving your skillz. Don't spin wheels on others silly ideas, even to prove them wrong. You could use that energy to better your rooms, or super dial your nuit mix, many other things.
I've spun my wheels to the hub. When i completley focused on conditions and plant health (more root health), the herb was much better and quite plentiful!

Some strains are APD (absolute photoperiod determinate) and some are RPD (relative photoperiod determinate) so I'm guessing that different crosses and even different phenos may react in different ways to messing with em like this. If I had a big space and lots of lights I might isolate a couple and give it a whirl, but for now . . . thanks for the thread T6 - always enjoy reading and learning.

If anybody gets a big freak donkey cola via this type of manipulation, please let me know and I will try it:D

Dan K. Liberty said:
Some strains are APD (absolute photoperiod determinate) and some are RPD (relative photoperiod determinate) so I'm guessing that different crosses and even different phenos may react in different ways to messing with em like this. If I had a big space and lots of lights I might isolate a couple and give it a whirl, but for now . . . thanks for the thread T6 - always enjoy reading and learning.

If anybody gets a big freak donkey cola via this type of manipulation, please let me know and I will try it:D

I googled those terms and could not find out what they meant--can you give us more info or explain that that means? Are you talking photoperiod plants (sativas and indicas) vs autos (ruderalis)? Other than that (photoperiod plants vs ruderalis), I do not believe that there is a significant difference in light response between strains.

hxxp://books.google.com/books?id=vWKMhfYryvUC&pg=PA155&lpg=PA155&dq=absolute+photoperiod+determinate+plants&source=bl&ots=up16qO6gZc&sig=ZjHxcCn9o1DeA_OsGi23puDWZJ8&hl=en#v=onepage&q=absolute%20photoperiod%20determinate%20plants&f=false

I found it referenced in only one place thg.. "Ed"...;)
The Marijuana Grower's Handbook: The Indoor High Yield Guide

Yep, me and Hick like the same authors:D. Since I'm prepping, I dug out my old copies of MGG (Mel Frank and Ed R.) and MJ Growers Handbook (Indoor/Greenhouse Edition, Ed R.) Really funny - coffee spilled on em, dirt marks where pages were turned, my MGG is motheaten !! I think it's aproaching it's 30th birthday . . . still a good friend. Sorry THG, I know I'm going way back to old school but it was a good school;)

I also think that with the time gone by and all the mixing of genetics from around the globe, maybe there has been an "evening out" of this trait. Maybe it has entirely disappeared in most of what is out there now, save for a few pure sativas and rudys. The equatorial varieties were RPD because at the equator, the photoperiod doesn't change much at all . . . rudy was so far north it had to trigger in the summer so it wouldn't freeze before it dropped seed.

I'd like to be able to say that I was just kidding....but I only was a little. I, too was one of those that read and relied on Ed in the old days. I also still have "The Marijuana Growers Guide" circa 1978. I also have "The Closet Cultivator". At one time before the internet, we all pretty much depended on the early pioneers who also wrote books. With the advent of the internet, we had far more resources to call on. While people like Ed and Jorge helped a lot in the past when we had limited resources, we have much more info available now. IMO, a lot of their info is outdated and we probably have several people on this forum who have as much actual growing experience as they do.

Actually, I agree with you 100% THG - and that's exactly why I'm here:) . It's time for old school to get some new school.

During my hiatus, the gear has gotten alot better, and the knowledge base has moved WAY forward and gotten huge - because Mel, Ed and Jorge turned us on to it, and now so many of us are doing it, learning from our own experiences and from each other.

So as for your tongue in cheekiness, hehe, I deserved it. I guess I pulled the old bibles out because I'm excited about gittin r lit again . . . more as a nostolgic exercise than anything. You all are bringing me into the new school, and this way will be alot more fun than reading an old moth-eaten book anyway:D

PS ... I did review some of the paragraphs covering polyploidism:joint:

Hick, does this mean you're gonna subtract some of my reputation points?:hubba:

Hick said:
from Clarkes "Marijuana botany"...

Hmmmm . . . 200 degrees north latitude?!?

I think I been there, man - fact this OG has me at around 150 right now:fly:

I know . . . it's wayyyyyyyyyyy up there where BWD lives!!

:rofl:

Latest posts

Back