150 Hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BSki8950 said:

Before you jump, also check out the 150w HPS offered by Machiela's Orchids also on eBay.

I know they are the same price, but I've ordered other things from him (he also does direct sales), and his prices on the whole are way below anyone else. Many things are offered with free shipping also and he has had everything from the Sunlight Supply catalog that I've needed.

At least, check him out.

DD

When you screw in your bulbs do not touch the lamp with your bare hands, the oils can bake onto the lamp and cause it damage. Use a soft cloth while touching the lamp. Do not let water get on the lamp especially when the lamp is hot. If contact occurs with oils or water shut the lamp off immediately, let it cool, and clean it with either soft cloth with/without rubbing alcohol.

Train a fan onto your ballast and try to keep it high off the ground, perhaps on a strong shelf. Make sure the electric cord setup looks like this= (U) from ballast to outlet so any water on the cord runs off the cord, and not lead into the outlet.

You should plug it into a rated surge protector to be on the safer side.

Thanks everyone for all the help... I really appreciate high before and after those are some of the things I was worried about

Honestly, I would get a 250W instead. The price is hardly any different. I've seen 250W ballasts for $35 many times on EBay. And - a big plus - you could use a ceramic metal halide (latest technology) bulb in a 250 but not in a 150.

I grow with a dual 150 watt HPS in a cardboard box, but only in the winter :hubba:

ok i will take a peak around thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Back