16 oz. Cup Grows

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Well folks today is the day. :hubba: First off let me lay down the RULES for this grow.

RULES

1) All members must use a 16 oz. cup and soil for this grow.

2) Each member may start no more than 2 seeds (NO CLONES)

3) All members must update their grow atleast once a week in this thread.

Good luck everyone and let's have some fun. :hubba:

Well i guess we'll start off. ;)

Were germinating 2 Stoneybud seeds using the paper towel method. Should be sprouted in a few days. :hubba: Once they crack they will be placed in 16 oz. cups with MG soil that feeds plants up to 3 months. ;) We will leave them in veg for 2 or 3 weeks under a 65 watt Flourex light. After they are done vegging they will be placed under a 400 watt HPS for flower. Will post pics once they break ground. :D

I'm germinating two bagseeds using the "papertowel method". When they sprout they will be placed in either MG 3month supply or this other soil that I have (contains Organic compost, peat humus, sand and bark fines, vermiculite, perlite, and dolomitic limestone). Mine will be vegged for 2 to 3 weeks with CFL's on 24/0 light and then they will be put outdoors. Maybe shorter, maybe longer depending on whether or not my outdoor plants are flowering yet. They will finish outdoors. I was going to post pics. But, really how interesting is ungerminated seeds?

Good luck everyone.

I already got a jump on my seeds

I germed 'em 4 days ago when we talked about it last post. Used papertowel method. They are already monsters! OK, well just for seedlings.:D

Am going to use MG soil and was going to set them in 12 /12 right off the bat.
Nutes - MG bloom buster.
Seeds - Bagseed indica

Question - never done flowering without some kinda veg period before. That's not going to cause an issue with it, or stretch them too much?

Good luck with your grows! :farm:

I'm germinating 2 beans using the paper towel method also, but i use a rag. They're popped, so today i'll be moving them to their final home. Big ol 16 oz space! I put half an inch of aquarium rock at the bottom of my 16 oz. cups to greater the drainage. For soil i used my compost soil mixed with lime, cow manure, vermiculite, perlite, and a little bit of peter's 20-20-20. They should be out of the soil within the next few days, i'll take pictures when i seen green :) The other factor is i'm growing them completely outdoors and it's flowering time here. So i'll be doing a non-autoflowering strain in an auto flower environment. Hope all goes well!

Good Luck guys! take it easy!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

I'm germinating seeds as well right now using the paper towel methods. They have been germinating for 2 days now. I hope for them to pop shell tomorrow or the next day. I'll be using MG moister control soil w/ 3 month plant food and FF nutes. I'm going to sit them outside unless they get too big and then I'm going to bring them inside.

Here she is at two days old. I also have another one I just put in soil today. One is afghani and the other is ak48 but I dont know which is which. Im using promix soil and I gave them a little shot of Bio tone starter and in a few weeks I will start feeding them fox farm nutes.

IM000138.JPG

I had taproots on one of my seeds when I checked about 8 hours ago. Both are probably germinated now. I will probably put them in the soil in the morning.

Well, I just checked and I had 1/4" taproots on both seeds. And I'm bored. So, I'm going to go ahead and put them in the soil now. Pictures to come.

The first two pics are each of the seeds that I germinated. The second picture is them tucked in to their nice new little home. :D

P1010010.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

Yeah i figured it'd be best if you did too. Don't want them to stay in that too long once the roots coming out lol. I've had to be gone an extra day or something from the house and they were abuot a quarter inch, when i got back they wre 3 inches long and turning brown, very thin too. So it's prolly a good idea you're planting it tonight, just better than planting it when it gets too much bigger, and it can do a lot over night believe it or not :)

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Im in......:D

I tucked 2 AK48 beans into bed yesterday with a nice moist blanket....:)

Gonna wake em up today and bury them....:huh:

BBP started a thread the other day which interested me......:hubba:

It was about wether electricity can be used to stimulate plant growth............:shocked:

Electrocultre is the name of the game ....

Im gonna wire one of my plants up and see how it goes.......:rofl:

I have such faith in my experiment that I propose that the second plant will be grown as a 'control'........:D

Pics later on...............:huh:

Got some copper wire.....twisted round a pen a few times....
Got a mains adapter......:)
Got some tape.........:hubba:

The soil is a brand similar to MG...with plant food added....

Ive still got to make a descision on the voltage I'll give her:shocked:....
I'll start low......:evil:

Sorry its not a plastic cup...This is a good neighbourhood....:D

I will be using natural light for veg anyhows....:aok:

P7177094.JPG

P7177095.JPG

P7177097.JPG

Hi! Would a 16 oz soda bottle be okay? thinking a small hydro setup based on the two liter one I currently use... I mean, the rules don't specify soil.

Well, they do now... :)

I think on an earlier page on the orignal thread he said it had to be in SOIL. 2 of my 4 seeds germed tonight once I got back from work so I crushed the other two and put the 2 seeds into a cup for each one that I had cut holes into the bottoms of them (5 for each one). They are sitting on the porch outside my house soakin' in the rays with tiki torch tops around the cups so they don't fall over. I'd say they pop soil tomorrow or the day after.

You must grow in soil and 16 oz. cup like everyone else. ;)
booradley said:
Hi! Would a 16 oz soda bottle be okay? thinking a small hydro setup based on the two liter one I currently use... I mean, the rules don't specify soil.

ima join ... this is gonna be my first grow .. soooo lets see if i got beginners luck..well i got 2 "bagseed" seeds in normal party 16 oz plastic cup... there already like a week old .... sprouted and everything ...thep pics are somewhere around in this forum..i had six .... but the kinda dries out i dont know what happend... i gave them more water when they dried and kinda revived ... but i got one that got good looking leaves already out .. and the other one is kinda struggling to get out of the shell...

p.s. im growing outside

Worth a try, eh? :) Got me thinking about a bong hydro grow...

I think i'll join in this one since i un-earthed the digital camera a few days ago (found it in a box marked 'power tools' go figure) i have one little bean germin in papertowels. i will be using MG organic choice soil (3 month feed) and perlite. i am undecided on which nutes to use,if any. we'll be going straight into a 12/12 as thats what its siblings are in right now. lighting is 4 4ft 'sunlight' fluros. i will most likely be adding another set of 2 4ft 'cool white' tubes at some point during this experiment. obviously indoor grow :)

imsoborednow said:
Got some copper wire.....twisted round a pen a few times....
Got a mains adapter......:)
Got some tape.........:hubba:

The soil is a brand similar to MG...with plant food added....

Ive still got to make a descision on the voltage I'll give her:shocked:....
I'll start low......:evil:

Sorry its not a plastic cup...This is a good neighbourhood....:D

I will be using natural light for veg anyhows....:aok:

lmao .. what the hell youre doing..... giving electricity to a plant ... wooow never heard of that ... sry is that im new ...sooo yeah its pretty wierd for me

Latest posts

Back