1st Iron Lotus, Bagseed Grow ((pic updated))

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
careful on your watering. I am using the same soil, and you have to make sure you don't water to much or it relases the nutrients that are in the soil, and that is probably why your plants started turning yellow. I started to see a little bit of yellow, so I am holding back on watering, and just spraying the leaves to keep the temperature down off the top. good luck with your sprouts.

you should try to change your aluminum foil setup. it could concentrate light and burn your plants. you could use mylar, or panda film, also flat white paint is an alternative.

and for curiosity reasons what lights are you using?

the highest wal mart had, 100 watt equals. 1750 lumens each.

Iron Lotus said:
the highest wal mart had, 100 watt equals. 1750 lumens each.

those are not 100 watts, just equevalent.
Try 1000bulbs.com, the 105 watt puts out ~ 6500 lumens.

Growdude said:
those are not 100 watts, just equevalent.
Try 1000bulbs.com, the 105 watt puts out ~ 6500 lumens.

Im well aware of that. But that is what has to get me by for now.
Just have to make do with what I have. I know they are just equals
but like I said it was the best wal mart had, and bam there it is.:ignore:

The plants look good for using CFL's. I would start pinching at the new growth tips to promote branching and increase bud sights. The plants will slow down for a little while until the recover from the shock but it is well worth it. Try tp pick up a soil Ph test kit to keep the range between 6.0 and 7.0 ph +/- 0.5 this will aid in reducing nutrient lock up. Good luck! :farm:

....Heres the 1 plant I basically forgot about, and even mutilated it a bit, and it some how came back from teh dead and next thing I know its a 3 leaf plant that looks cool. Its out on my top floor balcony.... Thinkin about bringing it in and eliminating one of the plants... But then again it might do worse inside because it looks alot more healthy than my others. Although I just pinched this one in 3-4 different spots tonight and sit it back out on the balcony after misting some water on it... So Ill check it tomorrow.

DSC00151.JPG

DSC00157.JPG

DSC00159.JPG

DSC00152.JPG

DSC00154.JPG

Update for these as well..... Same order as the pics from few days ago I think. First 3 are the first plant, Then pics 4-6 are the 2nd plant. Then the rest are each of the 4 sprouts.... I watered them a couple days ago and the next day they were showing more signs of burn. I think I make too many nutes release or something...

The stems are VERY stiff in the middle. Probly due to the supercropping I kept doing to them. Cant even do it now, Feels like Id have to snap
them instead of pinching them... Feel like chicken bones.... Dunno if thats good or bad... Keep a fan on high in there also.

DSC00140.JPG

DSC00145.JPG

DSC00146.JPG

DSC00147.JPG

DSC00148.JPG

DSC00149.JPG

DSC00136.JPG

DSC00137.JPG

DSC00138.JPG

DSC00139.JPG

Yes, they are getting worse. I think its the soil, not enough light thats causing the most problems here. Every time I water (when its completely dry) they get brown spots and seem to get retarted right after watering,
Like too many nutes are being released from the organic soil and they are too young to handle it. STunt in growth...... They... are.... dying.

I will post pics later.

Have you checked the Ph of the soil they are in and the Ph of the water you have been using? Remember nute lock up can occur and keep certain nutes from being absorbed and others taken up too much. Remember you control their environment indoors so keep trying. Next time mix up your own soil, things like MG Organic uses chicken waste for the basis of the nute make up.

check these sites out: http://www.onlinepot.org/grow/nutrients.htm and http://www.onlinepot.org/grow/nutrients.htm

EDIT...
...or you could check 'our' nutrient disorder pages, found HERE on the Resources page.
Nutrients/organic fertilizer information:
What is NPK?
Nutrient Requirements
Guano guide: the scoop on **** by the 3lb
Magical Molasses

Check out our Organic growing section!!!!

Sick plants and problems information can be found here:
Troubleshooting links
Old OVERGROW'S Nutrient Disorder Link

Get some Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil buddie

looking good... keep us updated!

i wonder how it got mutated like that

one should always have everything dialed in before one starts to grow this way you get off to the best possible start from the get go! why waste time money and the risk all in itself if your going to go into it half assed?!

good seed, good soil, good conds = good nuggs with less probs from the start..read read read bruddda

goodluck keep us posted

Iron Lotus said:
I am working on it.
Theres 100 different kinds though.

Ocean Forest is what I use for Fox Farms buddie.

Good Morning!!

Dankerz said:
one should always have everything dialed in before one starts to grow this way you get off to the best possible start from the get go! why waste time money and the risk all in itself if your going to go into it half assed?!

good seed, good soil, good conds = good nuggs with less probs from the start..read read read bruddda

goodluck keep us posted

Yeah. But in the end hands on experience Trial&Error is the best teacher. Already Ive learned alot just because I made the wrong decision. Im sure
I'll make plenty more but thats why its bagseed. Good bagseed, But Im
not paying anything for it so my out of pocket for this trial and error
is very small:D

KGB30 said:
Ocean Forest is what I use for Fox Farms buddie.

Good Morning!!

Yeah Im also looking at the "black" stuff.... Its more readily available
around here I beleive. Teh stuff at lowes people have talked about.

Theres only 2 places I know around here that are "head-shop-ish" and
neither of them have any kind of soil. Im just excited to try a new
grow with better soil and lots more light.

And good morning. Im usually not up until around 4 or 5pm.
But Its my daughters 1st birthday today. Shes mad too
she had to get up early:holysheep:

Iron Lotus said:
Yeah Im also looking at the "black" stuff.... Its more readily available
around here I beleive. Teh stuff at lowes people have talked about.

Theres only 2 places I know around here that are "head-shop-ish" and
neither of them have any kind of soil. Im just excited to try a new
grow with better soil and lots more light.

And good morning. Im usually not up until around 4 or 5pm.
But Its my daughters 1st birthday today. Shes mad too
she had to get up early:holysheep:

Hey buddy ... Sounds good what ever works for ya... Happy Birthday to your Daughter... Whats ya getting her for her B-day?

You just have to find the soil that works for you buddie... I found what works for me right now but it doesn't always work for everyone..

Latest posts

Back