1st Time grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KoDak said:
Thnks u guys. I understand now Irish. I started germinating the moby **** and the bubba Kush this morn. I have a better understanding so I know wat to do next time. So the inline fan I have is ok? It's not a booster fan. Just an online fan. I'm tryna figure out what I need the charcoal fiber filter for and where does it go? I'm lost there! I wana make sure I set the inside up right since u said heat will b my main issue. I can't risk any mistakes as far as that goes.

Can you put up a link to the fan and filter you are thinking about? Pretty much the only inline fans I have seen are centrifuge fans or booster fans. You won't need a filter for a while. Get the other necessities first.

i would use the 50/50 coco coir/perlite mixture. great air and water retention qualities. u can get **** cheaper but, whatevs. good luck my friend. definately get advise before trying anything. like hemp goddess said, you should have had all this stuff in place before starting. smart pots are great too for root space/air pruning

I.have everything but I don't have it set up inside the tent. I had a lot of advice wat to get in this thread n I made some exchanges based on what they said. I will try to post pic of fan in the morning.

heres the filter i have the 6' one.
theres a video too. do I need this?

hxxp://www.greners.com/organic-air-hepa-air-filters.html

and the fan:

hxxp://www.greners.com/i/fans-ventilation-filters/products/inline-fans-blowers/10-inch-fans/active-air-in-line-fan-10-inch-656-cfm.html

There is absolutely no reason to get a 10" 760 cfm fan for a 3 x 3 space. I would suggest looking at a 6" fan.

no thats just the video. these are the one's i actually have right below. I need to know do i need both and what is the filter for?

I HAVE THE 6' FAN.
hxxp://www.greners.com/active-air-in-line-fans.html

and i have the 6" organic air filter

I think that Hamster Lewis may have tried a filter like that one out. I do not use filters, but they are for keeping the grow room smells down. You can use a fan without a filter, but a filter has to have a fan. Most plants do not start smelling until they are into flowering. You may not need a filter for a while.

how soon after the seedling become a lil flower will i have to feed it? with the fox farm soil im using, what kinda nutes would u guys suggest?

FFof last about a month before needing nutes.

The choice of nutes is growers preference, but I like General Hydroponics 3 Part..Flora Micro...Flora Grow....Flora Bloom.. Mix the Micro first into your water then the others

Even tho.Im growing in soil I can use the hydoponic 3 parts?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I think that Hamster Lewis may have tried a filter like that one out. I do not use filters, but they are for keeping the grow room smells down. You can use a fan without a filter, but a filter has to have a fan. Most plants do not start smelling until they are into flowering. You may not need a filter for a while.

KoDak said:
and i have the 6" organic air filter

Nchef I believe is running those type of filters....they look like car intakes.

I hve an actual Carbon Filter hanging in my tent but I hve yet to use it. The negative pressure and exhausting out a window hve been enough.

KoDak said:
Even tho.Im growing in soil I can use the hydoponic 3 parts?

Oh hell yeah....it is all I use. Most Hydro nutrients can be used in soil but soil nutrients can't always be used in Hydro applications.

Hamster Lewis said:
Nchef I believe is running those type of filters....they look like car intakes.

I hve an actual Carbon Filter hanging in my tent but I hve yet to use it. The negative pressure and exhausting out a window hve been enough.

Thanks Hamster--couldn't remember exactly who ran that filter. I am getting that CRS disease you get as you get older.

Thnx for the response guys. I went and xchage the filter for the carbon filter. I'm more pleased with this decision based on the reviews n common use of it. My seeds r in rockwool. I got the 4"x8 filter. Weigh 8lbs with the 6-4" reducer. N sum nite by botanicare 3-2-4 for veg. I'm a beginner. So I wana stay simple as possible for now.. need help setting tent up before it goes into flower

my seed broke and sprouted in the rockwool, I have them sitting in a plastic bag right now. whn do i put the rockwool inside dirt and in some light?

i ordered from attitude but one of my seeds didnt sprout. its been a wk and from the looks of it, it dont seem like it going to sprout. is there anythg i can do?

No, sometimes seeds just don't sprout.

I would get them out of the plastic bags now, whether you plant in dirt or not. Seedlings, unlike clones, do not need or want it too moist. I never use domes or plastic bags for seedlings.

So contacting attitude is pointless. I'm out of luck.... Sux!

Latest posts

Back